Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Saw it yesterday... I thought it would be boring, but turned out quite interesting with the twist. 7/10

How is it that we all saw Oblivion yesterday? I did too. *koph* YIFY? *koph* :D

BTW, 8/10. Gotta have patience though, it tends to get boring but the visuals and acting (and story) were great.

Silver samurai is bigger than i thought..

He's a bot. (Nope, not a spoiler)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Watched these recently

A Clockwork Orange : 8.5/10
Eyes Wide Shut : 7.5/10 - Married Couples need to watch this.
2001 - A Space Odyssey : 7/10 - Not sure on this. I found it boring and interesting at the same time. I will watch this again sometime soon.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Olympus has Fallen 7/10

This movie surprised me. This could have been the "Die Hard 5" but I guess somewhere in Hollywood someone replaced scripts of both the movies.
Good action and ....well "Good action" is its USP.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Jack the Giant slayer 5.5/10

A boring movie. Visuals are good but not a gripping story. Reminded me of "Puss in the boots" story (I know, I know both of them are based on the fairy tale, still "Puss in the boots" did it better")
Watch only if you have a under 14 kid with you.

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
Why ? Do you want some ?

This does have nudity (some bar girls and stuff) iirc .
Preferably no since I watch it with family.
U can check Content advisory in IMDB
Lucky Number Slevin (2006) - Parents Guide
Hope u know that
Thanks for the advice Amjath. Even though I could have checked on this instead of posting it here. I expected someone to be less rude than what you have been here.
(nudity + sex scene) once
Thanks Much
lol you always ask this :mrgreen:
I think this would be not my last time that I ask it either.

amjath

Human Spambot
Preferably no since I watch it with family.

Thanks for the advice Amjath. Even though I could have checked on this instead of posting it here. I expected someone to be less rude than what you have been here.

I apologise if I have offended you. I wanted to be much polite in posting here. I'm sorry again.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@ajayritik, we've had this discussion earlier and your family came in between.

I've imagined since then that every movie that you come to know around here, you download or gather by any means (obviously after checking its NUDITY part)
Then, go out on your porch and shout..."new movie, come all"

Then, your grandmom, mom, granddad, dad, cousins, kid brother, sister and your wife, your son/daughter(if any) gather in your large hall. You put the show and all of you enjoy the movie.
All of you shrieking together for a horror movie or laughing together on a funny scene.
That would be a set-up anyone would look up to and might require movies with clean[no nudity] scenes.

Well, its my imagination, the real scenario could be totally different, right?

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Oblivion 8/10 I guessed the movie from the beginning , so was not surprised when the twist came (I kinda waited for a twist to happen all movie and didn't know when it passed :p ). Wait, what was the twist that surprised you all ?

Well the used the F word very well .
Expected more from it.
Good and believable vfx.
Cruise did fine.

ajayritik

Technomancer
@ajayritik, we've had this discussion earlier and your family came in between.

I've imagined since then that every movie that you come to know around here, you download or gather by any means (obviously after checking its NUDITY part)
Then, go out on your porch and shout..."new movie, come all"

Then, your grandmom, mom, granddad, dad, cousins, kid brother, sister and your wife, your son/daughter(if any) gather in your large hall. You put the show and all of you enjoy the movie.
All of you shrieking together for a horror movie or laughing together on a funny scene.
That would be a set-up anyone would look up to and might require movies with clean[no nudity] scenes.

Well, its my imagination, the real scenario could be totally different, right?
Looks like my impulsive action of asking about nudity etc without checking in imdb has hurt lot of souls here. Especially my dear friend rhitwick. Ok folks out here I will ensure next time I will refrain about asking whether there is any nudity etc in a movie.
I sound like a under aged kid. I would rather check if it's ok to watch movie of a certain actor who is supposed to be one of the best contemporary Hindi actor when it comes to Romance genre. And all he ends up doing is overacting. It's better I take advice on watching movies by this actor than getting embarassed watching a movie having nudity.

icebags

Technomancer
wow, what so big deal suddenly somany people watching oblivion and giving away good ratings. :eek:

i remember when i last time left feedback with a 9/10 few months back, not many people agreed.....

Looks like my impulsive action of asking about nudity etc without checking in imdb has hurt lot of souls here. Especially my dear friend rhitwick. Ok folks out here I will ensure next time I will refrain about asking whether there is any nudity etc in a movie.
I sound like a under aged kid. I would rather check if it's ok to watch movie of a certain actor who is supposed to be one of the best contemporary Hindi actor when it comes to Romance genre. And all he ends up doing is overacting. It's better I take advice on watching movies by this actor than getting embarassed watching a movie having nudity.

shhhhh *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/32.gif that stuff is forbidden, not many people like to discuss those in public.
u better check imdb for those, they write details most of the time and u get instant info.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

Not hurt, nah, never. I just always wondered.

If you remember we had this discussion earlier too. Since then everytime you post 'that' question I tell myself "personal opinion of him, you do not need to worry". Well, not everyone was aware of our previous discussion hence the same question again.
Well, down the line after 6 months who knows may be few newbies would ask you the same question...

Top Bottom