Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@rst, this is a movie discussion thread. Nobody here cares how you got 'em. I hope your source is either Netflix or Google play movies, else this kinda behavior might result trouble for you.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Sightseers - That was one twisted movie! Best to watch it without knowing much about it. Not everyone's cup of tea though!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Watched a few movies:
1.Argo
Really loved it. A simple movie. Really well made. Brilliance in simplicity I'd say.
2. Skyfall
Liked this movie too. Better than Quantum of Solace IMO.
3. The Expendables 2
Good movie. Quite fun. Loved the sequence of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis :D

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2009) - IMDb
Hachi: A Dog's Tale: 10/10
*i.imgur.com/BtYP3Sy.jpg
Shibuya Station as it was in the Taisho and Pre-war Showa eras (1912–1945)

*i.imgur.com/E2fSm0L.jpg
*i.imgur.com/7h20Ki2.jpg

Watch this wonderful movie. Its based on the true story of dog called hachiko. Hachik
In 1924, Hidesaburō Ueno, a professor in the agriculture department at the University of Tokyo, took in Hachikō, a golden brown Akita, as a pet. During his owner's life, Hachikō greeted him at the end of each day at the nearby Shibuya Station. The pair continued their daily routine until May 1925, when Professor Ueno did not return. The professor had suffered from a cerebral hemorrhage and died, never returning to the train station where Hachikō was waiting. Every day for the next nine years the dog waited at Shibuya station.

Hachikō attracted the attention of other commuters. Many of the people who frequented the Shibuya train station had seen Hachikō and Professor Ueno together each day. Initial reactions from the people, especially from those working at the station, were not necessarily friendly. However, after the first appearance of the article about him on October 4, 1932 in Asahi Shimbun, people started to bring Hachikō treats and food to nourish him during his wait. This continued for nine years with Hachikō appearing precisely when the train was due at the station.[2]

ajai5777

Youngling
I watched it in theatre, I dont remeber anything interesting in it. I had never watched a JB movie before that and I wasnt expecting anything.

Taken - 8/10

icebags

Technomancer
G I JOE: retaliation - 7/10

visual ecstasy, but typical blockbuster popcorn movie, not much of a storyline and not many things to remember after leaving hall. but i liked
the nuke launching part, like lol. :D they changed many of the previous leading chars, so, it was kinda difficult too, to connect 2 gi joe movies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Django unchained

I dont understand why it got so high ratings inspite of the fact that the story has a big flaw.Other than this from acting to direction i have no other complaints.
Why device all such plans when you can straight away pay 12000$ and get Broomhilda.

Btw let me clarify this i have already read this interview Quentin Tarantino, 'Django Unchained' Director, Challenged Us To A Debate On A 'Harebrained' Plot Point

Top Bottom