Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
CAN TRY??? thats a much watch for every movie lover. ;)

so you watch movies??!!

cool to see you in here :D

yep, I do but most of them are English only .. and for some good scary movies check out :

Graveyard Shift - ignore the IMDB rating, Black Water 1,2, Lost Boys Series and Fright Night series ... can post a lot more but I think these are enough for today.

BTW, recently saw RE Retribution and this is the first time a RE movie has disappointed me ... it could have been better if they take a little more time and create a more nice story line.

quagmire

Allllright !
Project X - 7/10 (+1 for production design)
Crazy, exaggerated fun kind of a movie which appeals to a very small band of audience in their teens.. If you think you are one of them read ahead..

What I liked about the movie-
1.Production values: Massive, in fact incomparable to other movies of same genre..
I still wonder how the producers got so many teens and managed to get "stuff" done from them..
2.Editing: Great editing.. In spite of lacking great story-screenplay editing is crisp and doesn't make you realize that..
3.Cinematography:Sort of justifies found footage/ handheld kind of camera work.. Importantly, it was not exhausting like Cloverfield..

What I did not like-
1.Story: Plot was very basic with a bunch of cliches but with few really hilarious moments..

--------------------------------------

Skyfall had great cinematography , I think . The colours that were used and the environment all were brilliant.
I agree, although plot wasn't great..

Inceptionist

Journeyman
^^^
Shouldn't that go in MUST NOT WATCH thread?

Before Sunrise (1995)
A proper love story which doesn't include any stupid cliches.
To quote Roger Ebert
There is no hidden agenda in this movie. There will be no betrayals, melodrama, phony violence, or fancy choreography in sex scenes. It's mostly conversation, as they wander the city of Vienna from mid-afternoon until the following dawn.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Tai Chi Zero 5.5/10

:Sigh: Not a good week for me.

Too long. Tried to be artistic but made a boring movie in the process. End fighting scene is commendable but that is only last 10 minutes.

Inceptionist

Journeyman
Tai Chi Zero 5.5/10

:Sigh: Not a good week for me.

Too long. Tried to be artistic but made a boring movie in the process. End fighting scene is commendable but that is only last 10 minutes.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/64141-_-must-not-watch-movies-_-recommended-digitians.html :wink:
You should've watched Olympus Has Fallen instead. It is getting some good reviews and from the trailer it seems like a fun ride for action junkies.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Resident Evil : Damnation (2012) - 8/10
excellent movie...graphics is mind blowing...beats hands down Final Fantasy VII:Advent Children..
detailing is top notch...watching it in 1080p will be a eye candy treat...Ada Wong is sexy :wink:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I didn't watch LOTR at all for the past 12 year, and day before yesterday I watched The Hobbit :p that got me hooked, now half way through LOTR: Fellowship of the ring :)

Top Bottom