Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

amjath

Human Spambot
G I JOE: retaliation - 7/10

visual ecstasy, but typical blockbuster popcorn movie, not much of a storyline and not many things to remember after leaving hall. but i liked
the nuke launching part, like lol. :D they changed many of the previous leading chars, so, it was kinda difficult too, to connect 2 gi joe movies.

same old betrayal stories

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
G.I Joe 2- 9/10

G I JOE: retaliation - 7/10

visual ecstasy, but typical blockbuster popcorn movie, not much of a storyline and not many things to remember after leaving hall. but i liked
the nuke launching part, like lol. :D they changed many of the previous leading chars, so, it was kinda difficult too, to connect 2 gi joe movies.

The movie was entertaining though

I actually like the idea of the "president" to destroy all nukes
Really like the ZEUS Missile, would love it to be a reaility

shreymittal

Being Human
Premium Rush 7/10

This is an original and captivating thriller. A bike messenger is chased by a crooked cop across Manhattan.
A fresh approach shows you don't need violence for thrills. We have all had enough of car chases.
Bicycles are pretty vulnerable and who knew the could be so exciting.
One minus point there is a bit of a stereotypical element to the Chinese characters in the plot.

amjath

Human Spambot
Premium Rush 7/10

This is an original and captivating thriller. A bike messenger is chased by a crooked cop across Manhattan.
A fresh approach shows you don't need violence for thrills. We have all had enough of car chases.
Bicycles are pretty vulnerable and who knew the could be so exciting.
One minus point there is a bit of a stereotypical element to the Chinese characters in the plot.

Bro it has some great thrilling and edge of the seat scenes.

sankar

Broken In
1. Drive Angry. Dont watch this awful.
Drive Angry (2011) - IMDb
2. Killer Elite. for some nice action.
Killer Elite (2011) - IMDb

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Ah, someone in IMDB told exactly what I ignored to say all these days.

Its about "Rockstar" the hindi movie

When the movie got released, many complained that they didn't like it for various reasons. But mainly coz of its so called abrupt ending that they didn't like. I think it was misunderstood and even a bit mis-realized at the very first place.

Don't know somebody has thought of it or not, but the blame for this comes down on two things -

<I've removed first point, which is irrelevant to the second point>

2)Marketing: Sadda Haq, yes this song was great and all. But using this song as the prime weapon of publicity was a blunder b'coz the movie was a love story and this song set the mood otherwise.
I heard many people saying that we expected that Jordan would be a rebel against the corrupt system (in the League of Rang De Basanti).
There are no 2 thoughts about it, it was a very personal and intimate movie, but in contrast, Sadda Haq was a totally rebellious and crowd-pulling song and not apt for marketing the movie.
Also, the whole movie was thought of to be presented as Jordan(Ranbir) being the sole driver of the story. But in fact, he was driven by Heer(Nargis) at each step. And as I already said, she was no match to what the role demanded. The movie would have been so better if they would have got an accomplished actress instead of a newcomer. With Ranbir, AR Rahman, Imtiaz Ali and Mohit Chauhan, bars were already very high for this movie, why don't they seriously thought while selecting the main lead actress also, i don't know. They should have given equal weightage to lead actress too.
Then the ending would have been more clear and satisfying. B'coz movie doesn't end with Jordan's life, it ends with Heer's life and explaining "when and where" Jordan and Heer will live happy together, forever.

Last edited:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
watched Inglorious Basterds.

i wont rate it... but having watched other Tarantino classics, i felt this film was a lot toned down. but over all impression was quite good. the action in the french bar [meeting with Von Hammersmark] was mind blowing fast and awesomely directed.

Christoph Waltz ftw! too much awesomeness! :2subs:

and Brad Pitt's accent... subtitles must :p

suyash_123

Techno Freak
last week i watched 2-3 movies

1. Olympus Has Fallen :7 /10

it is Good movie to watch (better than G.i. Joe) , but nothing new
Topic is about attack on White House. Starting of the movie is somewhat poor and slow . But once action starts then it's good .
It Gives a good thrill but not much. The story is simple and Plain (terror attack on US) and no twist at all but with lots of Gun fire.
it is Just one time watch movie .

2. G.I. joe Retaliation (part 2) : 6/10

It is simple Comic book Converted to movie.
Story is same old Enemy group COBRA team want Control on world.
Storm Shadow who was killed in part one , become alive in part 2 ????
As i saw this movie in 3D , some scene were really nice to see in 3D (esp : fight on mountain top with Snake Eyes ...)
i literally hated the scene where Indian president says " hey bhagwan" hahahahahaha....
Nothing New in Movie ...

Watch this if u like G.I.Joe or G.I. joe fans

3rd Movie i watched is Agent Vinod (hindi) 6.5/10

it is a Good attempt by Indian Movie to make Bond like Spy movies .. (better than Prince and RA-ONE of hollywood copying)
Story is again same as Nuclear bomb attack on india but the with new fresh way of attack.
And the Climax is a good Twist ..
There are some thrills and twist but the DIaloges simply kills those.. (like Karena says : tumne mere jaan bachaee !! : which looks intentionaly added)
Action scenes looks same like as Bond/Bourne and Mission impossible stunts .
If u like SPY Movies , then it is good one time watch movie ...

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
G.I. Joe, disappointed. they pushed release for one year for this movie to be converted to 3D :x.

Spoiler
I hate the fact that they kill duke's character early in the story itself..

Top Bottom