Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

quan chi

mortal kombat
The godfather
Watched again after a long long time.No words to praise it.Btw as a side character (though others were good too) i liked tom more.:D

The godfather 2
Equally brilliant.But is more interesting.

netizen3000

GAME ON !!!
Must watch movies i would recommend are:
Battle ship(2012)
Kungfu panda 1&2
Harry potter 1,2&3
Iron man 1
Total recall(1990)
Jurassic park(1993)
Arachnophobia(1990)
Flubber(1997)
Kung Fu Hustle (2004)
Drunken Master (1978)
The Forbidden Kingdom(2008)
Apollo 13 (1995)
The Myth (2005)
Mars Attacks! (1996)
Starship Troopers (1997)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
An Unexpected Journey ... mostly wow, there were some bits that were painful, saruman was overdone, but the animal sequences was well handled
couldn't find anything about the landscape 3d in the production notes (theres tons of them, and interviews as well)... but it was all looking like tilt-shift for some reason, it was as if your eyes were 8 feet apart, the movie makes you feel like a giant

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
The godfather
Watched again after a long long time.No words to praise it.Btw as a side character (though others were good too) i liked tom more.:D

The godfather 2
Equally brilliant.But is more interesting.

yup. The trilogy is THE BEST trilogy of movies ever. The main tune of the movie keeps playing in the back of my head all the time lol

Last edited:

pratik385

In the zone
have to watch Godfather 2 then
I've seen Godfather 1 it took me months to watch it, everytime i start i close it after 20mins :p

Flash

Lost in speed
have to watch Godfather 2 then
I've seen Godfather 1 it took me months to watch it, everytime i start i close it after 20mins :p

It's a very big movie. After years of struggle, i finally able to send 3 hours on a 2 weekends to saw GF1 & GF2.
Yet to allocate another 3 for GF3! :mrgreen:

Saw "The Watch" few weeks back. A must-see for Ben Stiller fans. Definitely a good time-pass movie.

I watched it for Richard Ayoade. But, a different Ben Stiller i saw on that movie.
More of Sentimental type.

Flash

Lost in speed
I was taken aback to see "Robert De Niro" as a younger Vito Corleone.
Just surprised, because all i ever saw/read/heard about Godfather was "Marlon Brando".

But, both their voices matched well. :D

quan chi

mortal kombat
Actually Al pacino is the main protagonist of the story.
But marlon brando's acting skills made people forget that.:D Marlon brando was not the first choice for this role by paramount pictures.He also refused to accept the award which he got for his role.But that is another story.
The fact is these two movies changed the future of some artists which includes Al pacino and robert de nero.These guys were like tom cruise before mission impossible.Infact worst than that.i know it will be an insult to compare them with tom cruise.:DIt was just an example.I am a fan of this actor and i must say pacino's acting was terrific too.
cuppola did a brilliant job indeed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom