Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Flash

Lost in speed
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (2012) - IMDb - *www.homefrontproducts.co.uk/images/stars/3stars.gif

Good for one-time watch. I feel, the story is rushed in the mid & end, to make the Americans to fight with vampires.
Benjamin Walker did good with his role as Abe Lincoln, though this movie is more of like a spoof.

Flash

Lost in speed
SAFE .... updating after a long time, actually infact watching a movie after a long time ... Been busy with TV series .....So SAFE . another "Jason Statham," movie, and what do we expect from JS movies......., Action quality action, and some gruesome fight scenes, SAFE delivers both given the fact the action director knew who he was directing. Plot is common to the core ..."A Chinese girl good with numbers, knows a a secret code, and everybody is after her", until she falls under Jason protection ...... rest you can guess.

Suitable for Transporter 4! :D

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
SAFE .... updating after a long time, actually infact watching a movie after a long time ... Been busy with TV series .....So SAFE . another "Jason Statham," movie, and what do we expect from JS movies......., Action quality action, and some gruesome fight scenes, SAFE delivers both given the fact the action director knew who he was directing. Plot is common to the core ..."A Chinese girl good with numbers, knows a a secret code, and everybody is after her", until she falls under Jason protection ...... rest you can guess.

Pace is good, performances are decent ..... but the best are the action sequences, pretty decently filmed ........ 6.5/10 ..... for Jason Statham, fans a must

Man!!!! You really watched an action movie after a long time! 6.5 for Safe ! that too from you?!!!!!
The way you are generous, you might want to give oscar to "Stolen"

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Oh, I made a typo. The post was made considering the rating 6.5 and while writing I wrote 8.5.

Now, you can go ahead explaining SAFE!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Statham had better action piece in Expendables 2 comparing to Safe. And what is your opinion about climax.
For me it was a wastage of a great set up. Shocking and disappointing.

I think I had posted it in our "Must not..." thread.

TheLetterD

Will Power
Stand By Me (Stand by Me (1986) - IMDb)
The Man from earth (The Man from Earth (2007) - IMDb)
PROOF that Great movies can be made on a low budget.... Bollywood? are you paying attention?
Seriously guys, Stand by me is amazing(No not a movie for kids! Mind it) , its a drama movie about 4 friends in their tween years and their perspective(Am I using the word right?) of life.
And the Man from earth is an awesome sci-fi movie, IF your history is good. Other wise you will end up googling half of the stuff in the movie.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
My favorite movies which I watched in 2012:

Most of them are offbeat movies so these might appeal only to selected few from this thread. One factor which makes them my favorite - the movie might not appeal you at the first viewing but it creates a long lasting impression on you and you remember it for a long time afterwards.

1) Perfect Sense - A perfect post apocalypse movie for me. I can compare this to Monsters, which was my fav movie a couple of years back. This one created more impact though. This was on the similar theme of Contagion - but had more soul. Perfect depressing movie.

2) Gangs of Wasseypur - Especially part 2. I don't think this movie would get any major awards. But if it were in my hands, I'd felicitate all the actors, Anurag Kashyap and Sneha Khanwalkar.

3) Barfi - Ignoring few copied scenes, it still was a touching movie.

4) Shala - Awesome movie reminding us of our own school days.

5) English Vinglish - Loved it for a different concept and fabulous direction and acting.

6) You Instead (Tonight You're mine) - A documentary-styled filmed different love story. Loved it for its uniqueness, songs and acting.

7) London Paris New York - Liked it.

8) Falling Overnight - A very offbeat emotional movie. Tearjerker. Different. This ignored and forgotten movie deserves more credit.

Of course I loved all mainstream movies (eg. TDKR), but havent included them in this offbeat list.

Sandeep Roy

Broken In
Just watched a movie named The Words, released this year. Not sure why it isnt rated high but it touched me. Best film of 2012 according to me, even better than Man on a ledge, end of watch.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Campaign 6/10

It would have been a good movie if it were 15-20 minutes short. Has its own moments but the premise is wasted by dragging the story.

Looper 7.5/10

Surprised!

Hated the trailer but loved the movie. Has a predictable ending but still has a better story than Inception. Recommended.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Looper face-palm moment
01:44:03 just b4 climax. Car turned over, old Joe standing infront to kill 'em, Sara gets out of the car with Cid and....she closes the car door!!!

Her life is at stake still it was important for her to close the door of an upside down car. Habits?!

Sandeep Roy

Broken In
The Campaign 6/10

It would have been a good movie if it were 15-20 minutes short. Has its own moments but the premise is wasted by dragging the story.

Looper 7.5/10

Surprised!

Hated the trailer but loved the movie. Has a predictable ending but still has a better story than Inception. Recommended.

What?
P.S. Loved this film, rated it 8 in imdb, predicted the ending.

Top Bottom