Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Force 7/10

After Singham we got another good action movie of this year. The plus point of this movie is its stunts. Fights are well choreographed. Its not our old style pushing each other or throwing things each other. In action scene of this movie people actually fight.

I don't know if I imagined but few moves seemed similar to Muay Thai!

Actinwise: Genelia can't act. She's getting married and I hope she is prohibited from acting.
John's director knew he can't act...so he's given a role where he needs to be serious in all scenes. So for the first time in his life when john says "I had no expressions because the script demanded it" he won't be lying.

The villain...good physique, good stunt moves.

This movie could have been better than Singham. But it tried to stay serious and factually correct in most of the scenes. Hence lack of drama and punch lines, corny villain dialogues and hero-villain conversation.

Recommended for one time watch.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
^^
The original source movies are much better than Force, it's actually very boring for me. The only good to part was the villain.

Kaakka kaakka(Tamil original)
Gharshana(Telugu Remake)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Guys, it is my 1st post in the Movie section.

I would like to recommend a movie to you for watch, The Man from Earth. This movie is not a new one, released in 2007 and directed by The Richard Schenkman screenplay by Jerome Bixby, a very renounced Screenplay writer. This movie is his last work.
The whole movie setup is within a drawing room where John Oldman , the main character of this movie, is preparing to leave for a new home. His colleagues showed up and tried to get the reason for his leaving. The story is how John explained it to them. It has 8 rating in IMDB and one of may all time favorite.
Here is the IMDB link: The Man from Earth (2007) - IMDb

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The Thing (2011) - Havent watched the original one. Loved this one. Not sure how is it compared to the original. Recommended for horror fans.

Guys, it is my 1st post in the Movie section.

I would like to recommend a movie to you for watch, The Man from Earth.

Welcome aboard. You will love this thread.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^watching 2011 The Thing today, will compare it to the original/

The Dirty Picture - no ratings.

quan chi

mortal kombat
The Dirty Picture - Stupid south indian soft p0rn movie!!! :x

It went on for 3 hours!! :(

Depends upon the perception and your way of understanding or the boundaries of your mind or with whom you are watching it.Yes towards the second half it was dragged a bit but its ok.

Force 7/10

After Singham we got another good action movie of this year. The plus point of this movie is its stunts. Fights are well choreographed. Its not our old style pushing each other or throwing things each other. In action scene of this movie people actually fight.

I don't know if I imagined but few moves seemed similar to Muay Thai!

Actinwise: Genelia can't act. She's getting married and I hope she is prohibited from acting.
John's director knew he can't act...so he's given a role where he needs to be serious in all scenes. So for the first time in his life when john says "I had no expressions because the script demanded it" he won't be lying.

The villain...good physique, good stunt moves.

This movie could have been better than Singham. But it tried to stay serious and factually correct in most of the scenes. Hence lack of drama and punch lines, corny villain dialogues and hero-villain conversation.

Recommended for one time watch.

Then why such a nice rating to be honest as stated previously this was one hell of a boring action flick i have seen and as mentioned by you with some corny villain dialogues and hero-villain conversation.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Then why such a nice rating to be honest as stated previously this was one hell of a boring action flick i have seen and as mentioned by you with some corny villain dialogues and hero-villain conversation.

High rating because I liked the movie. Which is the most important factor while rating or reviewing a movie.

Second,
Hence lack of drama and punch lines, corny villain dialogues and hero-villain conversation.

"Lack of" applies to the whole sentence. This is the reason I found it different and liked it.

3rd is obviously action choreography.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Watched it already. It is not a remake of the original but a prequel. Not as good as I expected but worth a try, I must say.

Really worth watching. Not as dark as the older version. Some scenes are commendable. Character development was shallow. Near the end, the movie became a joke.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Men in Black 3 trailer out! Men in Black III- Official Site !!!

And it's f***ing AWESOME!!! Cause, now Smith will travel BACK IN TIME!!! :D :shock:
And the poster faints in excitement!

R2K

In the Zone
Final Destination 5
7/10
Though the story line is similar to the earlier parts, the gore scenes were pretty scary. :D
Worth a watch !.....

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Final destination 5 - Same as above

Contagion - Soderberg's movie. Execution was like Traffic, documentary style. Starts of brilliantly, later slows down a bit. Good one time watch.

Top Bottom