Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

clmlbx

Technomancer
@ vineet369 No man you are not alone.. I too am fan of that series but hope after long gap it stays as fresh it was.

clmlbx

Technomancer
Well, the trailer looks as refreshing as was part 1. But only the movie will tell. Waiting for it desperately!

For first I thought it would be better if they(story) moved forward and come in year 2011-2012 so they would have more scope but on second thought they can even show all 2011-2012 techs in 196x so they can say they have alien tech ahead of humans.. nice :twisted:

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
The Dirty Picture - 4/10.

I'll review it later.

Don't consider it a biographical movie of any sort. It's a masala movie.

Great performances by everyone though.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Rise of the Planet of the Apes 7.7/10

Ya, not a complete 8 because of KLPD ending. What was that...planet of apes or house of apes?

The last two minutes of the movie in the end credits actually made some sense.

This is a very intelligent premise. The director-producer has chance to cash any one premise in the sequel...virus or apes.

The starting was so exciting I felt I got a perfect movie after a long time. Even though it had its cheesy moments, still I liked it. But in the end it became dominos cheese-doubles pizza.

Freida Pinto got the most stupid role...actually I don't like her so I don't care. And I never cared for James Franco. He's still Peter's friend who tried to kill Peter...for me. I don't like him.

The CGIed Ape actually acted best.

After so much rant why I still rate it so high? Because, apart from last 10 minutes it entertained me. I enjoyed very much.

Check it out.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Splinter - epic non CGI effects movie with characters quite likeable unlike the dumb characters in other gore/horror movies. The Thing 2011's CGI puts me out of the immersion.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
g i joe retaliation trailer is out....looks better than the first movie by a mile...

[YOUTUBE]bSX2oxLdcWA[/YOUTUBE]

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
g i joe retaliation trailer is out....looks better than the first movie by a mile...

G.I. Joe: Retaliation Exclusive Premiere Trailer [HD] - YouTube
Su-weet! Too bad they dropped Baroness and Scarlett. A lot of the previous characters have been cut-off as well. Let's hope it does well.

R2K

In the Zone
The Rise of the Planet of the Apes 7.7/10

Ya, not a complete 8 because of KLPD ending. What was that...planet of apes or house of apes?

The last two minutes of the movie in the end credits actually made some sense.

This is a very intelligent premise. The director-producer has chance to cash any one premise in the sequel...virus or apes.

The starting was so exciting I felt I got a perfect movie after a long time. Even though it had its cheesy moments, still I liked it. But in the end it became dominos cheese-doubles pizza.

Freida Pinto got the most stupid role...actually I don't like her so I don't care. And I never cared for James Franco. He's still Peter's friend who tried to kill Peter...for me. I don't like him.

The CGIed Ape actually acted best.

After so much rant why I still rate it so high? Because, apart from last 10 minutes it entertained me. I enjoyed very much.

Check it out.

Nice review :D

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Just came back after watching Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol. Good watch, may not be as memorable as MI2. Ill give a 8/10. Simon Pegg gave a excellent comic relief.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Just came back after watching Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol. Good watch, may not be as memorable as MI2. Ill give a 8/10. Simon Pegg gave a excellent comic relief.

Thanks..planning to watch it this sunday myself...

bruno/borat creator has come up with another movie..the dictator...

The Dictator - Official Trailer - YouTube
[YOUTUBE]cYplvwBvGA4[/YOUTUBE]

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Re: The Movie Review Thread

Seems Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol is a must watch. Reviews are great everywhere. It is released today in India.

Also looking forward to 'Royal Bengal Rahasya', perhaps the last film with Sabyasachi as Feluda and Bibhu as Jatayu. Bibhu Bhattacharyya passed away earlier this year.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Watched Force yesterday.
Good one time watch. Though the acting from both John and Genelia was not that great movie was good overall atleast for one time watch. Coz of John's limited acting abilities and the role it gelled I think.
6/10

Top Bottom