Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^

Actually most of the new ones with SFX look good at HD.

say true grit, kings speech they have no effect in HD. atleast for me.

I haven't seen the 80's Tron. To be honest, I wanted to watch Tron: Legacy in 3D, when it was showing in cinemas. It would have been great to experience the virtual world in 3D. But due to time constraints, I couldn't make it. So had to settle for the DVD experience.

You-a-mod. :|. :O

j/k.

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
1) Jurassic Park Series from Steven Speilberg
2) The Incredible Hulk
3) King Kong
4) Avatar
5) Transformers 1 & 2
6) Kung fu Panda

:grin:
Thanks Dude!
1) Saving Private Ryan
2) The Thin Red Line
3) Braveheart
4) Gladiator (The new remastered version)
5) Black Hawk Down
Thanks Third eye
Strange! I used to thought, ANY movie looks good in HD. :-?
Actually I don't want to disclose the source for these movies.I hope you understand. So I thought better to choose some which will look great on HD say an action or science fiction as compared to a normal Drama or Comedy series
^ Not all dude. Recent Black Swan is one of the good examples in that regard.
With regards to what? I didnt get you on this. you say black swan is good in HD or not so good in HD
^^^
Actually most of the new ones with SFX look good at HD.
say true grit, kings speech they have no effect in HD. atleast for me.
I didnt get you on this

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ No. He meant Black Swan was pathetic in HD. Since it has some very graphic scenes in them. (by trailer, not seen the movie though.)

Neuron

Electronic.
Tron Legacy - 7.4/10

The movie is good,packed with some enjoyable stunts.But i didn't find the story to be quite digestible,like a human disappearing completely into the digital world and such.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys among the following movies running currently in theaters which one is good?
Inside Job
King's Speech
Drive Crazy

Is King's speech a little boring? Maybe drama or story based movie?

Goten

Banned
Tron Legacy - 7.4/10

The movie is good,packed with some enjoyable stunts.But i didn't find the story to be quite digestible,like a human disappearing completely into the digital world and such.

Is that so hard to believe.....lol.....I dont think so.

By the way movie deserved on 4/10 stars from me.....Very poor story and lack of acting skills when it was required....I guess u copied ur rating from IMDB.

LOL.

Peace~~~!

Neuron

Electronic.
^^Well the part I really didn't understand was the laser thingy pulling him into the digital world and well lol,i don't copy imdb ratings.

D

Deleted member 26636

Tron Legacy - 7.4/10

If Transformers can exist in movies, then so can we enter a digital world. :neutral:

Neuron

Electronic.
^^That is more believable.The actual problem is in the way they entered the digital world.
Imagine a human vanishing into something like a 'motherboard' with his entire body!thats ridiculous.May be they should have shown it in a way similar to that in the matrix.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949) - IMDb 8/10

A very good black comedy. Has a very high brit accent so subtitles recommended.

Check this out.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^That is more believable.The actual problem is in the way they entered the digital world.
Imagine a human vanishing into something like a 'motherboard' with his entire body!thats ridiculous.May be they should have shown it in a way similar to that in the matrix.

Well, by the definition, a Sci-Fi is "a literary work based on the imagination and not necessarily on fact".
And then comes the science of teleportation.

According to the theory, teleportation is done, by dematerializing the original body, transmitting as data during the journey, and then reconstructing at the receiving end.
In fact, the original Tron (1982) actually shows this process, of the body getting dematerialized. So, the story makes sense to me, atleast from a Sci-Fi point of view.

Also, it doesn't happen much, when we get to see, the sequel getting higher votes then the classic. But, it was probably because, the concept of digital world was maybe too over-the-top at that time.

Last edited:

Xmen360

Broken In
Guys need one more identification of a movie or may be a serial cant remember.

The story goes something like this..
There is this guy,the hero who is telling some man/woman story of his life. He is telling about how he loved his wife but she cheated on him with some dude.One day while she was with that other dude she got a brain aneurism or something and she collapsed.That fellow took her to the hospital but just left her at the hospital entrance where she died, and he just took off.

The hero is mad about this even though he was cheated by his wife but he still loved her.

Now I dont know which movie is this or is it a serial story.PLease help me guys in finding out which movie is this.

Thanks.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Memories of Murder 8/10

The movie was long due to be watched. Had not had the right time and mood for this. Today watched it with utmost patience and without a bit of disturbance.

Good thriller which keeps its touch with reality. A bit depressing but not that much it was said here (or may be I've gotten used to)

Great acting by everyone. Really a must watch.

Top Bottom