Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Actually the movies has 5-6 stories which are all interlinked. So each story can be watched as an entity in itself or all as one. The movie comes with "all".

1. Prologue—The Diner (i)
2. Prelude to "Vincent Vega and Marsellus Wallace's Wife"
3. "Vincent Vega and Marsellus Wallace's Wife"
4. Prelude to "The Gold Watch" (a—flashback, b—present)
5. "The Gold Watch"
6. "The Bonnie Situation"
7. Epilogue—The Diner (ii)

Wikipedia

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Wow... luks like an Awesome watch!!!
Its much like a series named, "HEROES", in which there were many stories, of different genres, of different countries, races, and possibly of times, but all interlinked for an event, with which they all share their destiny with.

hooohhhuuu.. got chills!!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Watch Pulp Fiction. The cast is kick-a$$, and acting is wonderful. Humorous at times -- big time. But as usual Tarantino movies are for the dialogues between the characters.

D

Deleted member 26636

Watched 'Restrepo'. Fu(kin awesome:)
Restrepo (2010) - IMDb

^^ My kinda of movie I am going for this one.:)

Restrepo is actually a documentary....but its pretty good....

Also, have you guys watched Baraka? LINK.i don't know what to call it....it has no plot, no dialogues, just a lot of scenes from various parts of the world depicting the human civilization & the earth's environment...the cinematography is awesome & some of the time lapse shots are breathtaking...not for casual movie watchers as you will not find any story in it....watch it for the excellent visuals only..

Last edited by a moderator:

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Wow... luks like an Awesome watch!!!
Its much like a series named, "HEROES", in which there were many stories, of different genres, of different countries, races, and possibly of times, but all interlinked for an event, with which they all share their destiny with.

hooohhhuuu.. got chills!!

The first 3 seasons were amazing but things start exaggerating in the 4th season... I love the character of hiro nakamura!!!

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

^^
Watch Pulp Fiction. The cast is kick-a$$, and acting is wonderful. Humorous at times -- big time.

agreed....

i watched Band of Brothers(a 10 episode series) couple of years ago and i plan it to watch again after my examination season ends.. its a much watch..

D

Deleted member 26636

i watched Band of Brothers(a 10 episode series) couple of years ago and i plan it to watch again after my examination season ends.. its a much watch..

Recommended for you- The Pacific & Generation Kill, also try Restrepo... you'll love these.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Tangled 8/10

My bet for this year's Oscar for best animation. Its funny, cute and great visuals.

Angels and Idiots 8-.5=7.5/10

This is a weird, unusual and depressing animation movie and obviously not for minors.

Plot :- From IMDB
Angel is a selfish, abusive, morally bankrupt man who hangs out as his local bar, berating the other patrons. One day, Angel mysteriously wakes up with a pair of wings on his back. The wings make him do good deeds, contrary to his nature. He desperately tries to rid himself of the good wings, but eventually finds himself fighting those who view the wings as their ticket to fame and fortune

Watch it to watch something different. I bet you would be saying more "WTF" than "WOW" for this animation movie.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Tangled 8/10

My bet for this year's Oscar for best animation. Its funny, cute and great visuals.
This is definitely on my list. My friend was raving about it and said it's a must watch. I guess this weekend would watch Tangled and Tron: Legacy.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Murder Ahoy! 7/10

Got four "Miss Murple" movies, based on famous writer Agatha Crishtie's creation as detective aunt.

First of the lot.

A good watch. Nice to see Miss Murple investigating and her nuances. Funny, interesting and clever.

Next in line : Murder at the Gallop

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Buried - 9/10 :)

In short..this thriller is about a guy who has been buried alive in a coffin and his struggle to survive with limited resource. Must Watch :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The first 3 seasons were amazing but things start exaggerating in the 4th season... I love the character of hiro nakamura!!!

Yeah.... In fact, the best season was The first, and no season can even came close to what the first provided in terms of shivers.
And I LOVE Hiro Nakamura... and you cant describe it w/o exclamming, "Yatta" !!!!

In short..this thriller is about a guy who has been buried alive in a coffin and his struggle to survive with limited resource. Must Watch :)

One thing I would like to say before anyone is going to watch Buried, is that please watch it possibly in the middle of the night, with all lights closed :cool:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
One thing I would like to say before anyone is going to watch Buried, is that please watch it possibly in the middle of the night, with all lights closed :cool:

+1
and if possible , turn off the fan and shut down the windows..
Might be a bit unconfy..but will add to the viewing experience..
thts what I did :)

D

Deleted member 26636

great recommendation there eggman..i'm definitely watching this..

i watched The King's Speech today....amazing movie..no wonder it won the Oscar....Colin Firth was brilliant as King George VI & everyone else was just as good...the top notch acting made this a delight to watch...definitely recommended..

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Wasn't able to open this site after it shifted to new server. Had to open proxy browsing to access it, which used to be too much of pain. I thought my TDF tenure is over. Then suddenly it opened directly today! Hope it stays this way.

Tron Legacy - I don't know about the video game but this movie was fun. Though I'd prefer Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and probably Avatar over this, it wasn't disappointing. On top it, it has an awesome background score by the oscar nominated geniuses, Daft Funk. Already addicted to the OST.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Murder at the gallop 7.5/10

Margaret Rutherford is awesome as Miss Marple in this series!!!
If not Agatha Christie's storyline, Margaret Rutherford can only be the reason to watch this movie.

Plot: From IMDB
The old and wealthy Mr. Enderby dies of a heart attack but the ever suspicious Miss Marple has her doubts. Who or what gave him a heart attack? Enderby's poor relatives gather at the The Gallop, a combined boarding-house and riding school. Miss Marple also gets there to find out if any of them had any particular reasons to see him dead.

Rope 8/10

First the plot: from IMDB
Two young men strangle their "inferior" classmate, hide his body in their apartment, and invite his friends and family to a dinner party as a means to challenge the "perfection" of their crime.

Now, let me tell you this is a Hitchcock movie and only he can dare to deal with such subjects.
A very unsettling and weird subject is discussed here. Throughout gripping with a perfect cast (includes James Stewart!).
A must watch.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Tron Legacy - I don't know about the video game but this movie was fun. Though I'd prefer Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and probably Avatar over this, it wasn't disappointing. On top it, it has an awesome background score by the oscar nominated geniuses, Daft Funk. Already addicted to the OST.

I played Silent Hill on PSP and it was amazing. Powerful storyline.. the unique part was that u dont have to kill the monsters and instead had to dodge them!!

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

The Hurt Locker

Loved it although according to most of my friends, it was slow and boring...
but i am a war-movie junkie and i liked it

quan chi

mortal kombat
7 khoon maaf.

The story has some great potentials.But it could not bloom properly due to poor characterization,dialogues and presentation.

With such a unique story the film should have been the best one.I think not much thoughts were given before making the film,
After some time it feels very much boring.

What the story demanded from the film was
1.Style
2.Presentation
3.Non linear narraton to make it more interesting.
4.surprising elements
5.climax.

The film follows the traditionally old linear storyline.

Normally i dont believe in rating movies but for this one i would give max 2.5/5.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys need a small help. Purchased a new LCD monitor recently and want to watch HD Movies to check the quality etc. Should I look for HDRips, Blu Ray Rips and how big the size should be to enjoy the quality?

Top Bottom