Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^^ Many say Fight Club can be enjoyed the most when watched for the second time. And it's a movie where you learn new things with each watch!

Twelve Monkeys - Interesting movie about time travel. Good performances by Bruce Willis and Brad Pitt. Actress was cool. Never saw her again in other mainstream movies.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
people who liked Fight Club, might want to try IDENTITY......... As a movie would not dissappoint

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
OFFTOPIC

guys i'm looking for a site or a social networking site or an application on orkut or facebook
where i can create a list of movies i want to watch in future(because i keep forgeting)... and the site informs me when the dvd's are released of the movies i wanted to watch... it should be for both hindi and english movies....

i know i have very specific needs :D

but if anyone knows of something like this then plz tell me cuz i have been looking for it

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^ I think you have that facility on imdb.com.

The Road - Thanks Sam for recommending a wonderful movie. You don't need Virus infested zombies in post-apocalyptic world to hide from. Humans could be equally effective. What a depressing movie! Felt like I myself were in an post-apocalyptic world. Highly recommended.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
*movies.yahoo.com/mvc/mymovies

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

hey medico is that avatar ur pic?u r so old

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Back on movie watching marathon:

Hellboy - Yes I had ignored this movie for far too long, so thought might actually give it a shot. Pretty good, I would say. Excellent make up job and good visual effects. Storyline became was too cheesy towards the end.

Date Night - Disappointed, least to say. I expected more from this movie, but it turned out to be completely average. Steve Carell was the only saving grace to this movie. His weird expressions never fail to amuse me.

Cheerleader Camp
- 80's slasher flick. Super cheesy and downright stupid, but still fun to watch.

The Woman In Red
- Another feather in the cap for Gene Wilder. This guy surely has his way with the ladies. It amazes me to see how not so good looking guys like him actually manage to impress the hot chicks in his movies. It reminds me a lot of Chevy Chase's flicks in the 80's. I think their attitude and wit is a true asset.

Adventureland - One of those teen comedy/romance flicks you can avoid or choose to try out once, depending on your mood. I found it to be pretty average. Ryan Reynolds was completely mis-casted in this movie.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Watching 'Thirst' right now. Engrossing film. Thanks Sam for the heads up on this one!

Okay, has anyone seen Let the Right One in or The Uninvited ? I am 'getting' this two so was wondering if anyone has an opinion on the movies.

---------- Post added 08-06-2010 at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-06-2010 at 11:35 PM ----------

EDIT ----

Finished watching Thrist. 7.5/10

Wicked movie! The concept of vampires put to good use. Park Chan-Wook is brialliant!

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Remember Me - Slow but effective and interesting family drama with a twist. Worth a single watch. Actress was cute.

hey medico is that avatar ur pic?u r so old

I look a bit better when I shave. And yes, I am getting old. Life treats you in mysterious ways!

Watching 'Thirst' right now. Engrossing film. Thanks Sam for the heads up on this one!

Okay, has anyone seen Let the Right One in or The Uninvited ? I am 'getting' this two so was wondering if anyone has an opinion on the movies.

If you liked Thirst, you'd also love Let the right one in. I'd suggest you watch Tale of two sisters, instead of The Uninvited. Not that The Uninvited is bad, but the TTOTS is the original and better one.

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
@rhitwik :- Thanks. I have got it. Will watch it after coming back from school lol.

@a_medico :- I did watch A Tale of Two Sisters before a year or so but failed to grasp the plot without looking it up on the internet. I think I will give it another go.

Any more Korean horror movie reccos ? I really wanna watch some coz I find them to be amazing!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Hellboy 2: The Golden Army - Way better than the first one. Fantastic visual effects and good character development. It's strange they decided to remove Agent Myers from the plot.

The House of the Devil - A movie which had potential, gone down the drain due to it's ultra-slow pace. The 80's touch given to the movie lured me into it, but sadly you won't find even a stint of horror till the last 15 minutes. I understand the tension build which sometimes needs time to be created, but this movie just overdid it. Extremely disappointed.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
^^ I think you have that facility on imdb.com.

The Road - Thanks Sam for recommending a wonderful movie. You don't need Virus infested zombies in post-apocalyptic world to hide from. Humans could be equally effective. What a depressing movie! Felt like I myself were in an post-apocalyptic world. Highly recommended.

thnx medico...

imdb does not have exactly what i want but it's still good enough

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Any more Korean horror movie reccos ? I really wanna watch some coz I find them to be amazing!
Check out "Hansel and Gretel" my fav horror in korean. Then comes "4bia" part one and two, Muoi etc.

Also u can try this.

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army - Way better than the first one. Fantastic visual effects and good character development. It's strange they decided to remove Agent Myers from the plot.

U liked Hellboy pt 2?
I found part one better than pt 2. Part two villains or bosses are n00b, or should I say comical.
The fights did not quench my thirst. Again, the time it released, all superhero movies had same theme; family issues, wanting kids etc. which just disgusted me.

brokenheart

Broken In
Has Anyone Seen IPMAN & IPMAN-2 ??
Very Good Action(Kung fu)/Drama/Biography....

Highly Recommended....must watch....

P.S.->No English Version for this movie...have to download english subtitle :(

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
U liked Hellboy pt 2?
I found part one better than pt 2. Part two villains or bosses are n00b, or should I say comical.
The fights did not quench my thirst. Again, the time it released, all superhero movies had same theme; family issues, wanting kids etc. which just disgusted me.
I enjoyed the second movie. Yes, the cheesy part was present, but the action and visual effects were better in this movie. The first one had Rasputin as the core nemesis and he didn't really match up to Hellboy in anyway. The ending of the first movie would give you a better idea. The second movie had Prince Nuada who was extremely good with his martial arts skills and spear attacks. This made the ending of the movie worth watching. The first movie had Hellboy beating the hell out of Sammael and more of it's kind. Here we had multiple enemies like those Tooth Fairies, Wink and the Forest God. They are supposed to be comical, because the movie is adopted from a comic book. If you mean comical, as in a funny sense, then that is how they were supposed to be. The only parts I really hated was the idiotic arguments between Hellboy and Liz.

Resuming the movie session:

She's Out of My League
- Enjoyed the hell out of this movie. Thankfully, this was the only movie which turned out to be better than it's trailer. Totally clichéd droky boy gets smokin' hot girl comedy, but well executed & excellent supporting cast. A must watch for sure.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Check out "Hansel and Gretel" my fav horror in korean. Then comes "4bia" part one and two, Muoi etc.

Also u can try this.

U liked Hellboy pt 2?

Aprreciated man! Thanks a lot! Will get them right away! Especially the five scariest ones!

:).

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Try 4bia first. It's an excellent Thai horror flick. It's an anthology of horror scenes. The last part in that movie literally gave me goosebumps.

Also try Shutter, another excellent Thai horror movie.

Top Bottom