Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The Wrestler - A very average stuff. I didn't expect it to be too good but then I thought its Darren Aronofsky(Requiem for the dream, The Fountain) after all! On top of it, the soundtrack and the use of music in the movie was a complete let down especially considering outstanding music in both of the previous movies. But good acting and okay script.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Thirst (Bakjwi) - That was one of the most weirdest and fcuked up movies I have seen till date! If you liked Let the right one in, you'd probably like this one too. But this one has very strong sexual content and is a bit too fcked up. Watch it for yourself to see what I mean!

p.s. - Its by the director of Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Lady Vengeance and Oldboy!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
p.s. - Its by the director of Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Lady Vengeance and Oldboy!

This is what u should have wrote in "bold" :p

b/w, oldboy is going to be aired today in "UTV World Movies"....they are sure gonna all those scenes :cool:

Anchorman 6/10

Took a break from House and watched this. An attempt to black comedy. Missed the comedy and black elements are less.

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^Seen it long back. It's an okay movie.

Watched a lot of movies in the past months. Will try and remember some. Let's see...

-->Grindhouse - Death Proof - 8.5/10
-->Pulp Fiction - 9/10
-->The Dark Knight (23rd time i guess) - 9/10
-->A Walk to Remember - 4/10 ... tried cause my GF was bugging me to watch it. And the low score is just due to my personal grudge against romance films and the boredom they induce in me. Your opinions may differ.
-->PS I Love You - 5/10 ...same story as above
-->American Psycho - 8/10
-->The Ugly Truth -- 7/10
-->Halloween (Rob Zombie version) -- 7/10
-->Iron Man 2 -- 6.5/10 ...dunno why but didn't dig it as much as the first part
-->Badmaash Company -- 4/10 ...do this shitheads even know the basic rules of commerce ?
-->Housefull -- 4/10 ...the **** ?
--> Phoonk 2 -- 3/10 ...lmfao
-->Clash of the Titans -- 6/10 ...meh
-->Kickass -- 6.5/10 ...okay movie
-->The Prestige -- 8/10 ...great stuff
-->Kites -- 3/10 ...Was Rakesh Roshan trying to kill the viewers from boredom ? What the **** is wrong with this people ? The dance sequence in the beginning is great though.
-->Lost in Translation -- 6/10 ...just watched it for Scarlett Johansson :D
-->Shutter Island -- 7.5/10 ...watched it in HD recently :)
-->The Good, The Bad and The Ugly -- 8/10 ...the classic! When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk! Awesome :D
-->The Hurt Locker -- 7/10 ...good movie though dunno what's up with all the oscars it won.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I like the direction and how the story is stringed together with bits and pieces. It's got the classic Tarantino all over. The wicked dialogues, the action scenes, the direction, etc :).

Also Karthik Calling Karthi - 7.5/10 ...only sensible bolly film to come out this year. Though there are a few noticeable loopholes in the plot, it's overall a good flick.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Descent 2 - Typical WTF sequel. Descent1 had that suffocating feeling. It was the cave which was more threatening than the creatures. The sequel is just gore. Maybe its the director change which didn't click!

quan chi

mortal kombat
Made of honor

beautiful romantic comedy movie.must see for once.quite beautiful cinematography too.
photographers would like this movie the way they have shown scotland's beautiful lavish terrain is simply amazing.
actually i should have got the HD version.it will be best enjoyed in hd.

*img1.imagehousing.com/82/628677c812d06ecc766b019373e5099c.jpg By ImageHousing.com

Last edited:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Wolfman - The werewolf looks like a cross between Sanjeev Kumar in Jani Dushman and Rahul Roy in Junoon. Interesting script but badly executed.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Sivaji the boss (Dubbed in Hindi) - 7.5/10

Shankar's films be it Nayak, Aparichit or Sivaji always have a unique concept of creating revolution in India...Sivaji cashes on the concept of black money...

Leave aside all chutzpah of villain in lungi, crap hindi dubbed songs (fwd them) and logic..this film is a full masala and total timepass

Must watch for masala movie viewers :)

Top Bottom