Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Fantastic film with a brilliant performance by Michael Clarke Duncan. Tom Hanks was great as usual, but I never knew Michael Clarke Duncan had so much potential.

Absolutely.
Always seen him in action movies as hitman, but he proved his potential in this movie...

I so so love this movie...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^Didn't expect a story from Wake Up Sid... Wanna watch Up and Inglourious Basterds!!!

The new Tarantino movie is great. I really liked the Nazi Jew hunter. His acting is superb. Found Brad Pitt to be overacting. Did you notice at some points the subtitles are missing, purposely when a non-english converstaion is going on. Tarantino loves to keep the audience guessing.

watched fight club again

MM..love this.

Blade Runner : A True, no-BS sci-fi movie ::
This is my all time favorite. There is a huge debate about Harrison Ford also being a replicant.

I love cyber-punk movies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Just finished watching Trick 'r Treat. I'd give it a good 8/10. It was a pretty good horror/thriller Halloween themed movie. I didn't have high expectations when I started out, but it seemed to be like a Anthology of stories wound together, and turned out to be a good pop-corn muncher.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
G.I Joe : Rise of the Cobra 5/10

Watch it only for grafix, nothing else.

One loophole I liked very much, u can actually visit north pole in a jacket and don't shiver.

Another bhaichara scene (brotherhood scene)
Two missiles are heading up. One going to USA and another to Russia, which one would our american hero save first? Its Russia he saves.
So USA-Russia bhai-bhai now:mrgreen:

Here they have listed 200 nonsense scenes of G.I Joe...:-D
*www.imdb.com/title/tt1046173/board/nest/145579772?p=1

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
G.I Joe : Rise of the Cobra 5/10

Watch it only for grafix, nothing else.
I'm sitting this one out for an HD viewing. Been longing to watch a recent action flick in HD on my new monitor. Plus, I'm a huge fan of the cartoon series. My expectations aren't sky-high, but I hope I can expect a decent enough action flick.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
but I hope I can expect a decent enough action flick.

Ummmmm.........yes, its a good action movie but hurried (well its only action that the movie has nothing else)
Action scenes could have been long.

In our childhood we used to say there are two types of action movies, one is chinese another american.

Chinese: Hand to hand combat
American: Sci-fi

G.I . belongs to 2nd category:-D

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Let the right one in 8.5/10

Great movie!

I've not seen Twiilight, but reading u guys posts I can guess it belongs to similar concept, but I can't say if Twiilight has also such brilliance.

Acting is brilliant, and I would like to mention the gal has very beautiful eyes :oops:

I started the movie expecting a horror movie, but it turned out so touching movie. Thanx to whoever recommended this one here.

Go watch it, don't miss it at any cost.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Twilight is so teeny weeny movie...lol. Please do not compare it with Let The Right One In.

Watched Knowing and Andaaz Apna Apna

Disaster scenes in Knowing are amazing but the story is crappy. It started well but mid way turned into trash.

Andaaz Apna Apna...Gogo ji apka ghagra...Utatha hoo...:D

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Let the right on in 9/10
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Let the right one in 8.5/10

Acting is brilliant, and I would like to mention the gal has very beautiful eyes :oops:

I started the movie expecting a horror movie, but it turned out so touching movie. Thanx to whoever recommended this one here.

Go watch it, don't miss it at any cost.
Even i liked the girls eye . BTW the vampire girl is a boy . The english version is edited , Remember the scene when the girl says to oscar " be me for a while " That is when it is mentioned that she was once a boy ( confusing isnt it , i have read the book to find out the answers )

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
Thanks for the suggestions dude!

Also how would StarTrek be for SFX. I know I have asked this question earlier as well but any new movies which have good SFX. I guess the latest Transformers movie is good for SFX. Not sure about the movie how good it is though. How about District 9? I think the Original DVD has not yet released for it.
Any comments guys!

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
^^the scene where she lifts her clothes was a good cue. In book she was a he before.
The love story unfolds very well but the ending i am not that sure . Is Oskar going to be like the old man and start killing for Elie !! , this is not properly mentioned .

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The love story unfolds very well but the ending i am not that sure . Is Oskar going to be like the old man and start killing for Elie !! , this is not properly mentioned .

Last night when I watched the movie, I loved it very much...but after that when I was thinking about it...I had two questions.
I did not post as it just questions the movie's brilliance...

But, ur post makes me do that....

>>If u r 12 yrs old for 200yrs, do u still fall for a 12yr old kid? Is ur mind still stuck at 12yrs old?

>>Who was that old man? Her father? (once she called him as father when she entered the hospital). Then in some scenes she was shouting to him like anything, not dad like respect was shown...it seemed a care-taker... But how did a 200yrs old vampire manage to get a mortal care-taker?

>>Can he be her previous lover? (question, in line of rohan's post)

>>If she was a he before, how did she change (or she has the power, or she does it intentionally to lure boys become her blind follower)

I'm thinking too much about this movie...:grin::wink:

It would have been very good if at least 10 minutes of her background would have told to us...
Anyone, who has read the book...does the book has the answer about the relation between she and the old-man

b/w in last scene Oskar and she communicates in Morse code...what does that say??

//though there are so many loopholes, I still love it :)

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Last night when I watched the movie, I loved it very much...but after that when I was thinking about it...I had two questions.
I did not post as it just questions the movie's brilliance...

But, ur post makes me do that....

>>If u r 12 yrs old for 200yrs, do u still fall for a 12yr old kid? Is ur mind still stuck at 12yrs old?

>>Who was that old man? Her father? (once she called him as father when she entered the hospital). Then in some scenes she was shouting to him like anything, not dad like respect was shown...it seemed a care-taker... But how did a 200yrs old vampire manage to get a mortal care-taker?

>>Can he be her previous lover? (question, in line of rohan's post)

>>If she was a he before, how did she change (or she has the power, or she does it intentionally to lure boys become her blind follower)

I'm thinking too much about this movie...:grin::wink:

It would have been very good if at least 10 minutes of her background would have told to us...
Anyone, who has read the book...does the book has the answer about the relation between she and the old-man

b/w in last scene Oskar and she communicates in Morse code...what does that say??

//though there are so many loopholes, I still love it :)

Actually there are some differences between the book and the movie . in the film the director wanted it to be simple and did not stress hard on the fact that the vampire girl was a boy in the past ( well she was castrated in the past according 2 the book ) but for the movie the girl character suited more .. Also the old man is not her father , he is just her caretaker but in the book he was a errrr a pedophile running away from the world . In the book his death was also different unlike in the movie
Elie was a 200 year old vampire but she never grew more then 12 years and always felt like a kid hence she/he liked kids and also various puzzles . anyway the movie is far better then the book but some questions remain unanswered in the movie .

In the last morse code scene they just type ' a small kiss ' in morse code .
Also check out the scene where oskar gives her his moms dress to wear , watch carefully when she is dressing :)) ( not nudity ) but you will notice that she doesnt have anything ie she is neither a boy or a girl :)) , no doubt oskar was shocked :grin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom