Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Also the old man is not her father , he is just her caretaker but in the book he was a errrr a pedophile running away from the world . In the book his death was also different unlike in the movie
I don't think his character was of a pedophile...
As far as I understood he used to collect blood for the girl.
Remember the scene, when he was collecting blood in a can and the dog comes. The next scene she was shouting that does she need to do everything on herself...
And in no scene his character was portrayed as pedophile, at most u can call him a serial killer, not pedophile...

but some questions remain unanswered in the movie .
Thats the USP of the movie, good directors always keeps the audience guessing...

In the last morse code scene they just type ' a small kiss '
Hmmm... thanx

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
I don't think his character was of a pedophile...
As far as I understood he used to collect blood for the girl.
Remember the scene, when he was collecting blood in a can and the dog comes. The next scene she was shouting that does she need to do everything on herself...
And in no scene his character was portrayed as pedophile, at most u can call him a serial killer, not pedophile
I was not talking about the movie but in the book the old mans character was that of a pedophile .

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
REC 7.5/10

Shocking (means the horror scenes shocked not horrified me) movie.

Could have been a bit slow to settle down the environment and let the eerie ambiance create but to give a realistic, unpredictable look, it was hurried (IMO)...

Would still rate The Blair Witch Project as best in this genre.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The love story unfolds very well but the ending i am not that sure . Is Oskar going to be like the old man and start killing for Elie !! , this is not properly mentioned .

Yes. And she had been doing this for years together! And she was he before he was castrated.
Watched it long back so can't recall all the things. But I think even the gender of Oskar is in doubt.

Code:
Can he be her previous lover? (question, in line of rohan's post)
Yes, I think so. Lover turned caretaker.

If she was a he before, how did she change (or she has the power, or she does it intentionally to lure boys become her blind follower)
He was castrated before puberty thats before she developed physical male characters.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Duplex.............its one hell of a comedy movie
everyone gotta watch it

Lemme check out.....I'm in search of comedy movies now-a-days!But I see it has got bad reviews
Code:
The film received mixed reviews. The film has a 6.4 on Metacritic, and a 37% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

It made, on a $40 million budget, $9,692,135 in the US and $19,322,135 worldwide.
p
-Wikipedia

fieldgunner

Broken In
Back to watching movies after a small break. Somebody here recommended Orphan a while ago. Good movie. Watch it for the acting of the 12-year old girl, Isabelle Fuhrman. She's incredibly convincing in her role.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
^^Maybe the film requires multiple viewing...............deep subtle points are there .......lol

Top Bottom