Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Krow

Crowman
@ asigh Not even half as good. Taxi Driver is also a play on his mental state. Goodfellas is a different genre altogether IMO. It falls more in the category of Once Upon A Time In America.

Taxi Driver has many subtle hints all the way that he was actually "seeing" things. The pun on the media is also evident throughout. Also, I like the lady in TD more. The one who was campaigning for the Senator.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
SALO????????? Rahim, why don't you give an ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... warning???

Last edited:

abyss88

Broken In
suppose my friend buys a movie dvd, and after he watches the film, he give it to me and says you can watch it.and, suppose i watch that movie and give him back his dvd. what does that mean in legal terms? is that illegal?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
suppose my friend buys a movie dvd, and after he watches the film, he give it to me and says you can watch it.and, suppose i watch that movie and give him back his dvd. what does that mean in legal terms? is that illegal?
Until and unless any money is involved in the whole process, this is very much legal.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Chintu Ji 6/10 (5.5+.5 grace mark)

Started off very well. Seemed to be Black Comedy.
Initial 30-50 minutes had good humor and subtle intelligent puns...I was thinking of a 7 rating.

But, then it started with cliches and then meaningless twists and turns.
The worst is the climax.

Still I recommend it for the few initial scenes, u would enjoy but be prepared for the bad part too.

Not everyone is a Shyam Benegal and not every "village" movie can be a "Welcome to Sajjanpur"

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
Some of movies which i watched recently ---

Sikandar -- 7.5/10, a good subject and worth watching

Get Smart -- 7/10

Body of Lies -- 8/10

Wall E -- 9/10, very imaginative and awesome animation, i never thought robots could have emotions

Angels n Demons -- 9/10, started this one at 2am and could not dare to leave it in middle.

Transformer 2 -- 6.5/10, still believes first one was far better...

Pink Panther -- 8/10, i generally don't watch old movies, but this was exception and i m happy i made an exception

Cruel Intentions 1 & 2 -- 7/10, sshhh....quiet gud climax in both movies

Ghosts of Girlfriends past -- 7/10

P.S I love u -- 7.5/10, watch this one with ur gf......

Wanted -- 6.5/10 , m not a salman fan....
Posted again:
oops i forgot the best one.......

The Great Debators -- 9.5/10, watch it asap if u havnt....really gud...!!!

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^hey, long time no see.
Watched Wake up Sid some days back. Give it a miss. Almost no story in there. But all of Ranbir's shirts were ubergeeky. That was the only thing I was watching in the movie.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^hey, long time no see.
Was that to me?

I was at home, but posted a few movie reviews coming back...

Watched Wake up Sid some days back. Give it a miss. Almost no story in there. But all of Ranbir's shirts were ubergeeky. That was the only thing I was watching in the movie.
But, I've decided to catch it this Sunday. Though will be going alone...
Hmmm........nah......ekbar socha hai to bas dekhna hai.........:mrgreen:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The Green Mile - 10/10. This movie, IMO, beats The Shawshank Redemption by a long shot. Fantastic film with a brilliant performance by Michael Clarke Duncan. Tom Hanks was great as usual, but I never knew Michael Clarke Duncan had so much potential. Never during this 3 hour movie journey did I ever feel bored or felt it was going too slow or dragging along. That's the way to present a superb storyline, I would say.

Top Bottom