Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
one viewer here for The Untraceable. It turned out to be a surprise package for a thriller flick. Had some elements borrowed from Saw, but still was presented very well.

Also saw Push. I gave it a 4/10 over IMDB. So my rating stays out here as well. It was an absurd movie, with a ridiculous direction. The plot had potential to be crafted into a decent/good movie, but the script was just horrible. The sole reason I watched it till the end was Camilla Belle. I just love this girl. She has that innocent look on her face which you can't seem to resist. Else just skip this movie & watch the first season of Heroes (if you haven't seen it already). :grin:

ajayritik

Technomancer
I've but u told recent movies with special effects.

Then it needs to check if the DVD is out;-)

B/W u can tell which movies u've seen already or what is the last movie you've seen.
Dude why don't you give me a list of movies which will put my Home Theater to maximum output? It doesn't matter if some of the movies you list have already been watched by me. So please do suggest some nice Special Effects/Sound etc movies to watch on my home theater.
Others are also welcome to pour in their suggestions!

L

livespiritster

Movie Name:The Core
Language:English
Genre:[SIZE=-1] Saving Earth From A Unique Calamity.[/SIZE]

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
one viewer here for The Untraceable. It turned out to be a surprise package for a thriller flick. Had some elements borrowed from Saw, but still was presented very well.

Also saw Push. I gave it a 4/10 over IMDB. So my rating stays out here as well. It was an absurd movie, with a ridiculous direction. The plot had potential to be crafted into a decent/good movie, but the script was just horrible. The sole reason I watched it till the end was Camilla Belle. I just love this girl. She has that innocent look on her face which you can't seem to resist. Else just skip this movie & watch the first season of Heroes (if you haven't seen it already). :grin:

Yep Untraceable was once worth.....and PUSH was ok for me, if this is absuard then how was Jumper for you....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Jumper was good. Atleast it didn't have some crazy Asian guy screaming on top of his lungs. It was so bad that it wasn't even funny. IMO Jumper was tad better than this movie.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I have not seen PUSH. But, even its trailer didn't attract me.
Same old story. Its always a child who will be sole reason of something...etc.

ajayritik

Technomancer
I have not seen PUSH. But, even its trailer didn't attract me.
Same old story. Its always a child who will be sole reason of something...etc.
Dude I'm still waiting for you to give me suggestion on the movies list that I had asked you earlier. Special Effects etc

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Valkyrie :- 8/10

The Last House on The Left :- Cant rate it. Got so bored with the film in 28mins that I closed it. So, without seeing it, I cant rate it.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
The Passion of Christ :- 9/10

Man, after watching so many gore/violence movies, I thought that this movie would hardly effect me. I was wrong. This movie is just so disturbing. Ethan was right, this is mental torture.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
3-Iron again.
I'm addicted to this movie. Twice in a week!
And that soundtrack!!! awesome. So melancholy........touches straight to heart. Hits like a pin. Something is in that voice and tune.

Ishan

In the zone
Movie Name: Exorcism Of Emily Rose
Language: English
Genre: Horror.

This will clear your Ghost Fundas!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
X-Men Origins: Wolverine 8/10

Oh, I miss my days of "First day first show"....

This is a nice movie. 1 point extra given only for climax action scene. It was supposed to be answers. But it provided a bit less or should I say un-satisfying ones.

The kind of complex and unstable minded character of wolverine was portrayed earlier, the reasons shown here are not enough.

And, the action scenes are very short. It just doesn't quench the thirst.

Hugh Jackman needs no comment. But in part2 Major Striker was a fat short man here he's a lean taller man...

And, its shown that the metal in Wolverine's body is adamantium. Does it fall in category of iron, steel etc? How does Magneto controls it?

Last words: If u r a fan of the series (as like me) watch it in theater else wait for the DVD release. Not a very spectacular movie to be watched in cinema hall.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Dragon Tiger Gate 8/10

"Yaadon ki baarat" with lots of awesome fight.

Story: Where is it? Oh there's one liner. Acting in flashback parts were good.

Nokia main sponsor of the movie;-)

When Dragon was fighting with Shibumi, both of them started falling. Dragon felt water. Was it sinking feeling?

That Shibumi guy had a multistory nothing. Means it had only roofs with pillars.

And he could afford to hire only two people (deadly duo or something was the name) who were killed earlier. So, at climax scene only he was fighting our three heroes alone.
(Ok, ok...I got, it was given a comical (not comedy but comics like) treatment. a bit dreamy and un-natural, but he could have cared a bit logic though).

Fight sequences are worth watching...*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/31.png

Top Bottom