Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Isn't Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen supposed to be simultaneous worldwide release date? IMDB says it will be out on the 24th of this month in India, which is the same date for it's North American release.

Well in that sense according to IMDB T4 was supposed to be released on 12 June and I cant see it anywhere. Ablabs confirmed that its coming to their cinima on 2nd July. Even Start Trek is released pretty late in India. I dont know the reason, maybe the strike. So its pridicted that Tranformers 2 release will also be delayed......I sure would be hoping for the best...

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Just recently watched the Vampire movie LET THE RIGHT ONE IN
*www.imdb.com/title/tt1139797/ also known as Låt den rätte komma in , and to be honest this was the best ever love story i have seen in a long time .
It is among top 10 horror movies of all time on imdb . I have watched it twice so far .

It is a story of a 12 year old boy who falls in love with a 12 year old vampire girl . Highly recommended and i rate it 9/10 . Hollywood is making a new movie of the same title but i am sure they will screw it so instead just watch the english dubbed version . This movie totally kicks TWILIGHT in the ass .
The vampire girl in the movie has to kill innocent people to survive but yet you feel sympathetic towards her infact i am in love with her , hope my girlfriend dosent mind .

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
National Treasure 1 Unbelieveably entertaining, pure popcorn fun...... 6.8/10....Sometimes these movies are so much fun to watch moving away from the usual hard hitting serious offerings I watch......i really enjoyed this movie....

Gonna Watch NT -2 for sure

IITian

Broken In
National Treasure 1 Unbelieveably entertaining, pure popcorn fun...... 6.8/10....Sometimes these movies are so much fun to watch moving away from the usual hard hitting serious offerings I watch......i really enjoyed this movie....

Gonna Watch NT -2 for sure

NT-1 was great but NT-2 sucked big time.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
National Treasure 2 wow what a surprise again, infact better than 1.... I would say, it nice to see movie dealing with History and conspirey theories in such a unique maner, thoug I admit the event shown were unfolding too fast but got to admit the complications shown were worth an applaus...... ...7/10 for this one, what ever any one says NT 2 was way better than Indy 4, looking forward to NT 3 that would mug up something from page 47........

PS :: BTW to the previous post there comes that word again......@IITian I'd suggest to use the word "sucks" carefully, it really gives a very twisted and biased openion......which is not what the forums are for, try constructive criticism, that would be much appriciated......

Last edited:

IITian

Broken In
Man on wire: 8/10
A young boy conceived a dream of rope-walking between the twin towers when the towers weren't even built!
A truly inspiring tale..

Offtopic:

PS :: I'd suggest to use the word "sucks" carefully, it really gives a very twisted and biased openion......which is not what the forums are for, try constructive criticism, that would be much appriciated......

When something really sucked, i dont hold any qualms in saying so.Isn't it the objective way of explaining everything?

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
I hope there are some more movies that have been added to the list of good special effects in the recent times. Any suggestion folks? How about National Treasure for Special Effects. My Home Theater is longing for some really good action or special effects movie for a lont time now.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I hope there are some more movies that have been added to the list of good special effects in the recent times. Any suggestion folks? How about National Treasure for Special Effects. My Home Theater is longing for some really good action or special effects movie for a lont time now.
National Treasure and special effects???
Try the movie "Highlander" or something like that. Release 2months back.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
When something really sucked, i dont hold any qualms in saying so.Isn't it the objective way of explaining everything?

Usually the way people perceive to explain things is not the way it is....... so yes the objective might be correct, but the way to achieve that objective should not defeat the very purpose of these forums, and in this case this thread.

IITian

Broken In
The Great Debaters - 8.5/10
I always like real stories.The feeling that someone somewhere really did it, becomes inspirational for me.

The movie was just awesome.Acting by all leading characters was brilliant.When it came to the debates, the statements were well delivered but i think they weren't well crafted.I feel those statements were not the best thing to say at that point of time.Being an ex-debater myself, watching this film was quite an experience for me.

Overall it is a brilliant and moving film.Worth a watch!

Next on the list: Antwone Fisher

Offtopic:
Usually the way people perceive to explain things is not the way it is....... so yes the objective might be correct, but the way to achieve that objective should not defeat the very purpose of these forums, and in this case this thread.

ok let's end this.Your point is duly noted (if this is what u want to hear from me!).Now let's cut the crap and move on.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Twilight... well a couple of buddies suggested movie saying that it was awesome... well it might be awesome for them and many more people but for me it sucked. Why ?

1. Its a love story
2. Its a love story
3. Its a love story.

Still, I'll rate it 5/10 for the hot Kristen Steward :)D) and the depressed sort of character that she portrayed.

Also watched Push.. will give it 6.5/10.

Top Bottom