Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
had high expectations for cocktail after being cyrus
Ender's Game - first hour and a half was unrealistic and boring, but like the implications of the ending... kind of made up for the rest of the film. so 7/10.
The Aliens think we are dumb because we don't have collective intelligence, and we think the Aliens as dumb because they don't have individual intelligence.

ajayritik

Technomancer
i found cocktail as shitty as..i don't know what, yuk
I think you don't watch hindi movies regularly hence these comments.
I thought that the movie was strictly ok. Was wondering why some folks were going gaga over it and why it ended up hit?
How can Saif at this age carry of such roles is beyond my imagination then I later realised he was the producer of the movie.
Do let me know some better Hindi movies you liked.

ashs1

Padawan
Saheb, Biwi & gangster returns : 7.8/10 :)

The Hunger Games : 7/10

The World's End ( The World's End (2013) - IMDb ) : 5/10

The 5 points were strictly for the Fine Acting by the lead actors ( Simon Pegg ,Nick Frost ,Rosamund Pike, Paddy Considine ,Martin Freeman , Eddie Marsan [ thank you wiki] ) & their outstanding comic timing..loved it. :D :lol:

Plot-wise, it was meh-. :/

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
I think you don't watch hindi movies regularly hence these comments.
I thought that the movie was strictly ok. Was wondering why some folks were going gaga over it and why it ended up hit?
How can Saif at this age carry of such roles is beyond my imagination then I later realised he was the producer of the movie.
Do let me know some better Hindi movies you liked.

Pardon me, dint get you, former and latter parts of your post is self contradictory, not sure if you praised or reprimanded the movie?

I see a lot of movies, a lot, and yes i am selective about Hindi Movies, recently i liked Bombay Talkies partly

ajayritik

Technomancer
Pardon me, dint get you, former and latter parts of your post is self contradictory, not sure if you praised or reprimanded the movie?

I see a lot of movies, a lot, and yes i am selective about Hindi Movies, recently i liked Bombay Talkies partly

I didn't praise the movie for sure.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
had high expectations for cocktail after being cyrus
Ender's Game - first hour and a half was unrealistic and boring, but like the implications of the ending... kind of made up for the rest of the film. so 7/10.
The Aliens think we are dumb because we don't have collective intelligence, and we think the Aliens as dumb because they don't have individual intelligence.

the spoiler part came from the books it seems, because it was not clearly derivable from the movie. Disappointed me as I had some hopes.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't praise the movie for sure.

Which makes my comment rightful :) thanks

.jRay.

Youngling
Just saw 50/50. Great movie, awesome acting by jgl. The chemistry between seth rogen and joseph Gordon levitt makes it funny.

Also saw kiss kiss bang bang. RDJ makes it entertaining other than that theres nothing. 6/10

quan chi

mortal kombat
Gravity
After reading all these comments thought to give it a try.
Certainly should come under must watch. This movie is made for Imax viewing. However it is still enjoyable outside IMAX too.:D
The positive point is this movie successfully connects with the viewers.

On a side note the trailer of holiday is out. Those who have seen the original thuppakki will hate this movie because compared to that it looks like a crap. Moreover they have copied frame by frame from the original.:D

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gravity - The movie is good but there's more intense space disaster movies are there . So I would rate it 6.5/10 but if you want you can add 2 more points for 3D effects though :D

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Gravity - The movie is good but there's more intense space disaster movies are there . So I would rate it 6.5/10 but if you want you can add 2 more points for 3D effects though :D
There might be but certainly not intense in graphical perfection, at least I haven't seen any :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you are right and that's why there was an article on this on a 3D Design mag talking about all tech things of this movie. But I prefer merit over beauty :D

Top Bottom