Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Silent House (2011) - IMDb - film based on sexual abuse and multiple personality disorder. I hve seen movies like this before and this one has nothing new to offer on the table. 6.5/10.

Deadly Friend (1986) - IMDb - making of a friendly and deadly robot and Kristy Swanson :D As a classical film this get 6/10.

I Spit on Your Grave (2010) - IMDb - Truly shocking and brutal how hills got assaulted. Anyway, her revenge is as expected rather than turning into a ghost unlike some other movies. But the movie should have at-least also shed a little light on how she survived in the wild forest but may be I'm asking for too much. 8/10.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Prometheus 9/10.

I still cannot understand the theme and the conclusion in this movie but I like Sci-fi movies anyways.

guess conclusion is no matter how advanced a civilization gets, it is better off not messing with biological weapons.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
You should always shutdown your brain while watching sci-fi and tamil movies.

aai tamil padatha pathi yaaru ya thappa pesarathu... ;)

Watched The Man From Earth again, one of my favourite.

About 8 or 9 yrs ago, I watched The Godfather didn't find it impressive. I didn't want to watch it's sequels. But out of boredom, I watched them last week... nah... They ain't good. Is there any one here who don't find them good.

flyingcow

Shibe

About 8 or 9 yrs ago, I watched The Godfather didn't find it impressive. I didn't want to watch it's sequels. But out of boredom, I watched them last week... nah... They ain't good. Is there any one here who don't find them good.
i to found it average..

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

Me too.
Didn't like the first part itself (Played it, slept, woke up and found still playing, closed and never tried again)

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I dint like Prometheus at all. The visuals were nice and all, but this movie was made just to satisfy the whims of the director - Ridley Scott. He just needed to make a prequel to Aliens and dint bother explaining how life originated, who were these engineers, what is the purpose and method of propagation of life etc. Am not too hopeful about Prometheus 2.

Im really hoping Nolan enthralls us with his perspective on the origin and purpose of universe in Interstellar.

moniker

Broken In
Talking of the all time top rated movies The Godfather et al., in spite of all its quite obvious flaws I liked Shawshank Redemption a lot.

Other "top rated" movies I couldn't stand were the Batman movies by Nolan. Was a big fan of Nolan long before Inception happened, but I seriously feel his best movies so far are Memento and The Prestige.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia (2013) - IMDb - despite the ratings it's not bad and I liked it as the previous part. So it gets 7.5/10

Top Bottom