Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Hrishi

2 Guns (2013) :8/10. Awesome movie. Though the action was a bit exaggerated but that's okay if you don't throw in too much logic.
The best thing is acting and story line.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Yes many people have seen it. Just yesterday I saw people coming out of the theatre after watching it ;-)

but but...people always come out of the theater after watching a movie :D ;) ! did u mean very less number of people coming out or people coming out at "intermission" ? ( doubt there was any)

ajayritik

Technomancer
Watched Gravity Finally! I don't know what's the hype about this movie. The movie was good but not exceptional according to me.
I know people here wouldn't like my comments about this movie.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Elysium 6.5/10 Meh Story , Bad Characters , below - par acting , Good VFX for its budget , Some cool action scenes here and there ... Verdict : Disappointing sort of Follow Up to District 9 .

quagmire

Allllright !
Watched Gravity Finally! I don't know what's the hype about this movie. The movie was good but not exceptional according to me.

Didnt you find the VFX stunning? Its really difficult to create weightlessness and zero - g environments with such detail.

It has one of the best production design and art direction for a space movie by far.

Perfect cinematography and excellent SFX give it great repeat value and shelf life.

IMO it will be in one of the top 10 movies this decade.

Hrishi

I hope you didn't saw it in 2D.
THe movie has set a new bar for creating such stunning and real-world environment. Like the guy above said , the movie wins on this aspect without any doubt.
The story was good too , not exceptional but good enough.

THis is the type of movie where you put on 3D vision glasses , sit back and relax and enjoy the environment which probably feels as close to reality as it can get.

Infact if you look at the title of the movie itself ("GRAVITY"), it's completely "Justified" , without any doubts at all.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Red 2 7.5/10

Even better than first part. Better action and awesome one liners! A bit over acting by "Mary-Louise Parker" as "Sarah" at times.
Check out.

Clear History 5.5/10

Not great. Can be considered as a time-pass movie.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dragnet (1987) - IMDb - one of the classic of Tom Hanks and Dan Aykroyd. The movie is not anything serious like dirty harry but good enough as an action theme based fun film.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
^ I didnt like this is the end .... and I think it aint recently released (it was released in June)

Anybody watched Drinking Budies (2013) Anna Kendrick , Olivia Wilde :wub: :wub:

Top Bottom