Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I'd give it 10/10 for two reasons.

5 for each.

hehe :razz: but its not that good of a movie.

The Dreamers (2003) - IMDb - nudity alert.

Watched Machete Kills- 8/10.. I somehow like these kind of movies , and snoop movies too :p

rickenjus

In the zone
.jRay. - ??? which two reasons

@RCuber.. well i loved it from start till end .. although movie is little slow paced...

I somehow like these kind of movies
check out shame.. you will like it ...
nudity alert too..

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
THOR 2:- The dark world :- 8.5/10 Surprisingly good...some of my friends who saw this earlier warned me that the movie is a bit slow paced..Absolutely not...enjoyed the flick immensely..dare i say even more than man of steel...The humour did not in any way distract me from the movie's main plot.Also it was timed perfectly and not at random to get cheap laughs.The mid credit scene blew my mind.Worth watching

So , You like whats written in my signature ... :))

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Trailer of an upcoming bengali movie "Chander Pahar". Very beautiful cinematography, surprisingly good production value. Check out...not much 'bong' dialogue...should not bore you.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^^ Indiana Jones?

Ummm...based on a novel written by Bibhutibhushan Bandopadhyay. Very famous writer in Bengal. Famous for writing "Pather Panchali" which Satyajot Ray later adopted into the famous movie of same name.
b/w,
Chander Pahar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

icebags

Technomancer
^ its hard to find even a single bengali man/oldman/boy who has not read chader pahar (mountain of chad) in his teens and has not romanticized his own self in the place of the main character of that novel (not sure about nowadays ultramodern non-bengali speaking bengali teens).

there is english translation available, for anyone who wants to read english.*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f0/Cover_page_of_%22Chander_Pahar%22%2C_a_novel_by_Bibhutibhusan_Banerjee.jpg

i wonder if the film will be near anywhere as good, there is not as much good response from people about the other adventure film they made - mishor rohosyo ( egypt mystery :D ) to begin with.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
^ its hard to find even a single bengali man/boy who has not read chader pahar (mountain of chad) in his teens and has not romanticized his own self in the place of the main character of that novel (not sure about nowadays ultramodern non-bengali speaking bengali teens).

i wonder if the film will be near anywhere as good, there is not as much good response from people about the other adventure film they made - mishor rohosyo ( egypt mystery :D ) to begin with.

You bongs and southies are the only ones who read your regional literature.
people give a rat's @$$ about their own regional lit. in other states

icebags

Technomancer
You bongs and southies are the only ones who read your regional literature.
people give a rat's @$$ about their own regional lit. in other states

yah chill down, just wanted to say that to mean it has amazing mesmerizing storyline & plot. it will be awesome if the film can picture even quarter of it.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
yah chill down, just wanted to say that to mean it has amazing mesmerizing storyline & plot. it will be awesome if the film can picture even quarter of it.

The trailer looks far better than "Mishor Rahoshyo". More professional, well organised and points out best part of the movie.
Can get a better idea when theatrical trailer would come out.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
thats very poor culture right there.

better not start a flame war here buddy.

Have i been misconstrued?
Really only bongs and southies(i think,not sure) read/have interest their respective regional literature
Rarely i see people discuss about Any Marathi novel or Hindi novel(Being from Mahrashtra or Delhi/UP respectively)
Nor do i see such books in stores
atleast B&S peoples keep their regional literature alive.not like the other peoples in other states in our country who dont care for their own regional literature.

Top Bottom