Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
^ Really ?

May be 8/10 if you insist on rating seriously . But it feels like 10/10 for me :p . I rate just after watching it so I tend to rate high . If you think about scenes in a movie later , you can easily detect faults and your original rating will come down .

harry10

Gadgets freak
The Internship

Light hearted fun movie. A good one time watch. Though sometimes it feels its an advertisement for Google.
Rating -7/10

This is the End
Really liked it. Every star is playing himself in the movie. Story is kinda weak but the dialogues are funny. Do watch it.
Rating -8.5/10

The worlds End
Was disappointed. Only watched it cos of Simon pegg but its no where fun like Hot fuzz.
Can be easily avoided.
Rating- 5/10

Prisoners
This is a dark movie. Hugh jackman is extremely good. Jake Gyllenhaal is in a different role than his previous films. Must watch if you like slow crime thrillers. The way they had shown how far a father will go for his child is quiet believable.
Rating-9/10

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Ram Leela - 3/10

A disaster from the Bhansali camp..

very avoidable. nothing like the grand design of Devdas. bad direction, storytelling.. too much color and a bit too much of red. and the dance sequences are :yuck:

oh and another point i forgot to mention.. half way down the movie, i felt i was watching an Assassin's Creed movie. ;)

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Ram leela felt to me like the opening ceremony of Olympics with too much glitz. With each new song, as if a different country was performing in a different way. Nothing memorable in that movie. I would give it 5/10

sksundram

In the zone
Genre - Love
Of all the Korean movies that I have watched, these two are my all time favorites :
A millionaire's first love - Watched it so may times during my heartbreak. A bit slow though. The lady in the lead is just phenomenal.
*imdb.com/title/tt0757157/

Too beautiful to lie. - A romcom and can be enjoyed by everybody. I am a fan of Kim Ha Neul's acting.
*www.imdb.com/title/tt0390042/

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Genre - Love
Of all the Korean movies that I have watched, these two are my all time favorites :
A millionaire's first love - Watched it so may times during my heartbreak. A bit slow though. The lady in the lead is just phenomenal.
Movie is very similar to "A walk to remember"

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^then you should also see this film by the same actress:
Nae meorisokui jiwoogae (2004) - IMDb
korean movies have good romance/drama/comedy(the kind shown in typical bollywood movies but better executed).for a month i watched ~50 korean movies after doing an extensive search of reviews & now i can say that i have watched most good korean romance/drama/comedy movies of last decade.

icebags

Technomancer
coffee pi ke marathon run diya tha kya ? :shock:

but thanks, thats in my list, will see when get time.

if u have completed watching all nice films, then u should see Boys Before Flowers.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^no need.this film is the adaptation of best-selling shōjo manga in Japan of all time.
Boys Over Flowers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
got free time & watched on an average 2 korean movies a day.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Keulraesik (2003) - IMDb
amazing film. 11/10.

*ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjE4NTA1NzExN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjc3MjM3._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

a nice fun film. 7.5/10

err.. I was telling the other guy who posted "Genre - Love"

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I saw a couple of these again recently. The 90's was a great time for action movies, They don't make movies like these anymore.

The Rock - 8/10
Con Air - 7/10
Broken Arrow - 7/10
Face-Off - 6/10

R2K

In the Zone
Jobs(2013)
Movie about how steve jobs started apple computers from a garage and turned it into one of the biggest computer companies in the world.
Though after watching the movie I think all steve jobs was interested in was the design and aesthetics of the computers not how it works or its technical aspects.It was his friends who actually busted their a$$ making the computers and steve jobs only cared about how beautiful it should look outside. Also he ignored all those friends later on when the company grew. I'm not sure if he was truely a jerk like he was shown in the movie. At one scene he was actually shouting at bill gates on phone. :D.

Last edited:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Jobs(2013)
Movie about how steve jobs started apple computers from a garage and turned it into one of the biggest computer companies in the world.
Though after watching the movie I think all steve jobs was interested in was the design and aesthetics of the computers not how it works or its technical aspects.It was his friends who actually busted their a$$ making the computers and steve jobs only cared about how beautiful it should look outside. Also he ignored all those friends later on when the company grew. I'm not sure if he was truely a jerk like he was shown in the movie. At one scene he was actually shouting at bill gates on phone. :D.

both Gates and Jobs were jerks.

Wozniak was The One. he made it happen.

Top Bottom