Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Monsters University - 9/10

Simply superb. Its very rare that a sequel (actually prequel) live up to its name from the first movie. MU has done just that. its everybit as good as MI and maybe more. Hats off to Pixar and Disney. They have a crowning jewel here.

PS: at points the animation is so real, it took me a couple of rewinds to the frame to make sure it was not real.

Highly Recommended!!

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Is krissh 3 worth watching one time?

actually the Kaal character is interesting, you need to watch the movie to know more as i dont want to spoil the fun, the suit kaal wears is actually torn out metal sheet from his chamber, to fight with Krrish, and the mutant in the movie are created by Kaal from his own DNA to find cure for his illness, which links the events to Krrish's life

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
We're the Millers- 8/10

This is a really good movie everyone should watch,The acting was good and it's pretty funny too.God knows,when bollywood will learn to make us movies

Watched Bhag Milkha Bhag in parts. Felt it was good.
Guys is the movie good in entirety.
Will wait for your suggestions!

Go for it,It's so far the best Bolywood movie of this year

quan chi

mortal kombat
Krrish 3.
Yes the character of vivek oberoi was interesting till the middle of the movie. Later everything is a mess.

If you are below 15 years or have children below 15 years of age then go for it. Just make sure you wake up in the interval to check if your child is still in his/her seat or buy some extra snacks for yourself so that you remain seated.

Visual effects are just like icing on the cake. If the script,story, acting etc etc are fantastic then people can overlook the vfx part. Unfortunately this movie has so many flaws,cliche and rip offs that i think rakesh roshan himself might have forgot "kaun se movie se kya uthaya tha".

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
nope that is not even a flaw if we compare it to the bigger loopholes this movie has.

I really don't have the energy to watch it again or remember the movie completely. I will just highlight few questions which i can recall.

1. I have not seen krrish completely(I mean from start to finish) but at least I know in that movie it has been shown he is super intelligent like his father since he inherits his powers. Now in this movie he takes up odd jobs and gets fired too?:-?

2. A child maybe below or equal to 10 yrs old just to save a pigeon takes such a risk of crawling on some cables connecting the roofs of two buildings.Yeah definitely he is the real krrish! :cool:

3. So light gives life. But due to overdose the half healed plant burst? Ironman 3 (Er...which itself was a letdown.:D) cliche (twisted of course).:twisted:

4. Kaal is a super genius (as introduced in the movie),but does not know if the doctors pull the foetus out of priya's body this early it wont survive? Damn it he made so many mutants out of his DNA. :banghead:

5. Kaal's childhood. Oh yes the interesting part. when he used to be a vampire.:D He was abandoned then he was adopted. After which he killed his surrogate father just because he had no answers to his questions? Moreover with such powers how come he was still masked from the rest of the world. His surrogate parents or the foster home guys never took him or showed him to any doctors? Yeah i got that. Bad parenting. Thus kaal killed him:-(
Going by this theory he must have killed everyone from his foster home too. Mean badass villain indeed!.:-D Btw what were the police doing for so many years?:-?

6. Cliche. Unwanted bad song.

7. Unwanted stupid song.

8. Kaal? you mean this
Kaal Dhamaal - Shahrukh Khan - YouTube.
Or this
*i1.ytimg.com/vi/Xh_RR-RHGhI/hqdefault.jpg. Incase if you don't remember that's Dr jaikaal from shaktimaan.
Btw that item song was better than this movie.:-D or is it vivek oberoi making parody of his own movie?:-?

9.Alien comes from some other planet and makes krrish john carter of earth!:oops:

10. When rohit mehra say's we need a "dimaag wala filter" or filter with brains. I never expected he means it literally. In the climax he himself stands in front of that light to filter it.:-o I still did not get that part.:|

Enough already.When you are watching it please don't even try to think because for that also you have to use your brain.
This is the best review Review: Krrish 3 is heartbreakingly unoriginal - Rediff.com Movies, and this statement sums it up!
Krrish 3 might not seem great when you look at it as a film, but if you look at it as a 150-something minute long advertisement for all the brands that the lead actors, specifically Hritik Roshan, endorse, its award-winning material.

Last edited:

Hrishi

nope that is not even a flaw if we compare it to the bigger loopholes this movie has.

I really don't have the energy to watch it again or remember the movie completely. I will just highlight few questions which i can recall.

1. I have not seen krrish completely(I mean from start to finish) but at least I know in that movie it has been shown he is super intelligent like his father since he inherits his powers. Now in this movie he takes up odd jobs and gets fired too?:-?

2. A child maybe below or equal to 10 yrs old just to save a pigeon takes such a risk of crawling on some cables connecting the roofs of two buildings.Yeah definitely he is the real krrish! :cool:

3. So light gives life. But due to overdose the half healed plant burst? Ironman 3 (Er...which itself was a letdown.:D) cliche (twisted of course).:twisted:

4. Kaal is a super genius (as introduced in the movie),but does not know if the doctors pull the foetus out of priya's body this early it wont survive? Damn it he made so many mutants out of his DNA. :banghead:

5. Kaal's childhood. Oh yes the interesting part. when he used to be a vampire.:D He was abandoned then he was adopted. After which he killed his surrogate father just because he had no answers to his questions? Moreover with such powers how come he was still masked from the rest of the world. His surrogate parents or the foster home guys never took him or showed him to any doctors? Yeah i got that. Bad parenting. Thus kaal killed him:-(
Going by this theory he must have killed everyone from his foster home too. Mean badass villain indeed!.:-D Btw what were the police doing for so many years?:-?

6. Cliche. Unwanted bad song.

7. Unwanted stupid song.

8. Kaal? you mean this
Kaal Dhamaal - Shahrukh Khan - YouTube.
Or this
*i1.ytimg.com/vi/Xh_RR-RHGhI/hqdefault.jpg. Incase if you don't remember that's Dr jaikaal from shaktimaan.
Btw that item song was better than this movie.:-D or is it vivek oberoi making parody of his own movie?:-?

9.Alien comes from some other planet and makes krrish john carter of earth!:oops:

10. When rohit mehra say's we need a "dimaag wala filter" or filter with brains. I never expected he means it literally. In the climax he himself stands in front of that light to filter it.:-o I still did not get that part.:|

Enough already.When you are watching it please don't even try to think because for that also you have to use your brain.
This is the best review Review: Krrish 3 is heartbreakingly unoriginal - Rediff.com Movies, and this statement sums it up!

ThankYou for saving my 2Hours. It appears that before going to watch this movie , somebody should definitely put his logical part of brain away for sometime.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Sorry for wasting space here in this thread on this movie.
Yeah I'm talking about Krrish 3.
Only good thing about this movie was Kangna Ranaut and Vivek Oberoi's acting and too an extent the acting of the Character of Rohit.
After having a good experience of watching Koi Mil Gaya and Krissh I ventured hoping this would be a decent flick. Especially since it's made 100 crores in such a less time. but to say I was disappointed was an understatement.

Rajesh Roshan's music in the previous two outings were quite admirable. But this one was mediocre to say the least.
Not sure what Priyanka Chopra was doing in this movie. And those stupid Mutants. Were those characters really required? Did they move the movie forward? A talent like Hrithik Roshan doing these kind of movies is real waste. I can still watch Guzaarish instead of this. That says a lot about this movie. And I have heard actors like Shahrukh Khan and Ajay Devgn were approached for the Villain's role reprised by Vivek Oberoi. Though I thought his acting was good I still felt he is better off in Gangster kind of movies.

I don't recollect in the recent times posting so much about a movie. Even my 2 year old kid couldn't stand this for long.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Krish 3 6/10

It has a story! (however lame that is)

Hrithik as old Rohit did good. His other avatars are not that good.
PC has a very small role.

Kangna had a role that had potential for acting but the director had other plans.

Total run time 150 minutes. Had a good group of villains but wasted them in final act.

Boring songs.
Good VFX though.

Sorry for wasting space here in this thread on this movie.
Yeah I'm talking about Krrish 3.
Only good thing about this movie was Kangna Ranaut and Vivek Oberoi's acting and too an extent the acting of the Character of Rohit.
After having a good experience of watching Koi Mil Gaya and Krissh I ventured hoping this would be a decent flick. Especially since it's made 100 crores in such a less time. but to say I was disappointed was an understatement.

Rajesh Roshan's music in the previous two outings were quite admirable. But this one was mediocre to say the least.
Not sure what Priyanka Chopra was doing in this movie. And those stupid Mutants. Were those characters really required? Did they move the movie forward? A talent like Hrithik Roshan doing these kind of movies is real waste. I can still watch Guzaarish instead of this. That says a lot about this movie. And I have heard actors like Shahrukh Khan and Ajay Devgn were approached for the Villain's role reprised by Vivek Oberoi. Though I thought his acting was good I still felt he is better off in Gangster kind of movies.

I don't recollect in the recent times posting so much about a movie. Even my 2 year old kid couldn't stand this for long.

I'm itching to say "I told you so"

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
in KMG Jadoo establishes an interstellar psychic link with Rohit, and gives him some kind of superpowers (let's assume that some alien technology is in Rohit's blood, this is the least creepy explanation)
in Krrish, Krishna is born with superpowers. Even the family doctor knows this is because of the alien's gift
in Krrish 3, the hero fights retrovirus infection with the alien blood. explosions of alien blood antidotes.

Now there is going to be an entire generation of kids with superpowers

looks like Jadoo's plan of a stealthy invasion is coming along just fine

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
List of Comicbook heroes/films on heroes Krrish is "inspired" by
Kaal ---- Magneto + Prof. X + Robocop
Kaya -------- Mystique
Frogman ----- Toad
Rhinoman ----- Rhino( from Spiderman)
Half a City being destroyed --- Man Of Steel
the whole "Solar energy = Life" thing seems to be "inspired" by the Extremis virus from IM3

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Thor The dark World -- 7.5/10.

new concept introduced, some fun moments, lining up for convergence towards next Avenger movie.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
V for Vendetta - 9/10.

How did I miss this one. Had this movie in my laptop from an year, but never cared to watch.

The dialogues are amazing (hindi dub), which actually make the movie awesome.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Thor The dark World -- 7.5/10.

new concept introduced, some fun moments, lining up for convergence towards next Avenger movie.

You in UK or what ? It is releasing tomorrow here in India ??

THE World's End (2013) - By comparison it is the least good in the cornetto's trilogy but it is still a very powerful film , With good story and some brilliant performances and direction it is both fun and pleasing . A solid 8.5/10

Top Bottom