Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
The Lone Ranger (2013) 8/10 Pretty Fun movie , Didnt expect it to be that good . Depp and Hammer had an awesome chemistry together . Some pretty good action scene , predictable story . I was hating the movie from trailers but after watching it ... I take oath to never pre-judge a movie :p Disappointed that it wont get a sequel .

agreed.. I was quite surprised to see low ratings on IMdB.. I did enjoy that movie .. :)

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
agreed.. I was quite surprised to see low ratings on IMdB.. I did enjoy that movie .. :)

The rating at IMDB is far better than at RT which is 31% for critics and 10% for Top Critics ... Now I think Depp's comment on critics were spot on . (Also it Bombed at BO)

cyborg47

Technomancer
The rating at IMDB is far better than at RT which is 31% for critics and 10% for Top Critics ... Now I think Depp's comment on critics were spot on . (Also it Bombed at BO)

Apparently, it was one of the screw ups at Disney, bad marketing can totally kill a movie, John Carter is a living proof of that, which was killed in the same way, thanks to the brain dead executives at Disney.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Apparently, it was one of the screw ups at Disney, bad marketing can totally kill a movie, John Carter is a living proof of that, which was killed in the same way, thanks to the brain dead executives at Disney.

Yup marketing of this movie is also to blame ... There have been some big Failures from Disney in recent years , Prince of Persia , Tron Legacy (to some extent) , John Carter , The Lone Ranger .

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
decided imdb ratings were broke when Kaminey scored more than 2001: A Space Odyssey
trust metacritic most

Pacific rim - Good masala story but the Kaijus shouldn't have been designed by Doordarshan productions.

Even the creatures in Alif Laila on TV, 18 years back were way better.

Same here. The kaijus design was very bad. The "jaegars" were great though.

:( No one does creature design better than Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy, The Hobbit)

his approach for kaiju is documented, it purposely had elements from a bunch of monster films
*i.imgur.com/m1SHFRM.jpg

leaked scans of his notebooks from reddit

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
A good day to die hard: 7/10

Too much action scenes

Not sure if a "Die-Hard" series "Action" movie would justify itself with not "too much" action and a very sunny side story with a pinch of melodrama !

Valkyrie - 8/10

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

Apparently mars based movies are jinxed, or with mars in title flopped in box office

amjath

Human Spambot
After Earth - 5.5/10

I didnt know who was the director of this movie, when the end credits roll I was like "WTF, okay this is why the movie is sooo slow"

dude1

Journeyman
decided imdb ratings were broke when Kaminey scored more than 2001: A Space Odyssey
trust metacritic most

:( No one does creature design better than Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy, The Hobbit)

his approach for kaiju is documented, it purposely had elements from a bunch of monster films
*i.imgur.com/m1SHFRM.jpg

leaked scans of his notebooks from reddit
:+1:
Yup...Designing of kaiju was not a random process. The design was purposefully made and is considered del toro's tribute to japanese monster genre movies..

Going to watch gravity tommorow in Imax 3d :-D...Very excited. 96% on metacritic!!!
"Doctoral theses will be penned on the breath-catchingly realistic, gorgeously choreographed, entirely mesmerizing opening "-BOB MONDELLO npr

Top Bottom