Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Also why I ask about nudity is one day I watched movie called The Burning which had not parental guidance listed in imdb and I found that it had quite a few scenes of nudity. Hence I thought in these kind of instances maybe someone who watched a specific movie can help me in letting me know.
This helped a lot.

You go on praising about SRK, watching certain movies again and again and posting here and that would not piss of anyone. But if someone asks about nudity repeatedly then you will get pissed off?
I'm really very sorry but couldn't help it. Sorry again.
*farm8.staticflickr.com/7443/9494016386_89224acbcb_o.jpg

Just check few of the replies to posts of yours describing your SRK's fanboyism from other members and you will know that I'm not odd man our or singling you out.
I understand that. I expect at least 10 more people bashing him anytime soon but none ever got personal with me like you did and I expect none would too.
YOU are singling me out. Yes, you are...

ajayritik

Technomancer
This helped a lot.

I'm really very sorry but couldn't help it. Sorry again.

I understand that. I expect at least 10 more people bashing him anytime soon but none ever got personal with me like you did and I expect none would too.
YOU are singling me out. Yes, you are...
I don't want to discuss further on this. And the Chapter is closed. I feel you have been genuinely sorry about what had happened hence it wouldn't be fair on my part to drag this further.
May Peace be upon you and may the good God bless you.
Amen.

Sorry again if I offended you.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Why? Isn't the point of the meme to make a smart, ledger style statement rather than asking a long as$ question? The joker's picture has no zero relation with what's written on it. Just saying ;)

I would go on to say that no one except the Joker should be on this statement :-D. See I know things get very weird if you have a complete opposite point of view person :lol:.

cyborg47

Technomancer
I would go on to say that no one except the Joker should be on this statement :-D. See I know things get very weird if you have a complete opposite point of view person :lol:.

Oh, I have no problems with that joker meme, I love this one in fact. Its just the meme isn't really helping with what the guy wanted to say. That's the point of the memes isn't it? You gotta make sure your statement rhymes with the original line, or at least give a similar impression. The meme rhitwick posted doesn't even need the joker picture, the statement alone could have been enough, or a completely different meme may be? ;)

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Oh, I have no problems with that joker meme, I love this one in fact. Its just the meme isn't really helping with what the guy wanted to say. That's the point of the memes isn't it? You gotta make sure your statement rhymes with the original line, or at least give a similar impression. The meme rhitwick posted doesn't even need the joker picture, the statement alone could have been enough, or a completely different meme may be? ;)

Hmm...I wasn't aware that a War was going on. Sorry, my bad :duh2:.

ashs1

Padawan
meanwhile Chennai express already past Rs. 100 crore in less than 4 days.. !! :O @__@

cyborg47

Technomancer
meanwhile Chennai express already past Rs. 100 crore in less than 4 days.. !! :O @__@

But, will it be remembered? Will you remember it well enough to suggest your children to watch that movie in, may be 20 years? :p

quan chi

mortal kombat
Whatever the Fck is going on in this thread regarding chennai express must be stopped. You guys are making the film and rohit shetty hit.:-x Now people will go to theaters only to judge how bad the movie really is. Either ways they will be in profit. Please stop free publicity.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
On Why That Express and Why That Khan

"Note: This is NOT a review of the movie. No spoilers.

All my life, if there’s one thing I have been ridiculed about to no end, then it would be for my loyalty – to favorites and to peculiarities, to people and to places, to memories and to sentiments. The quirk however that has drawn so many people to poke my ribs for (I’m figuratively all black and blue there now)- the man called Shah Rukh Khan.
It’s funny that for someone who has reviewed quite a few books, series and movies, I have never given writing about SRK a thought before today. And today being the day when I was buried under a deluge of messages on FB, What’sApp and on other forums – private and public. All because I watched a movie called ‘Chennai Express’ two times in as many days.

Yes, there are better movies out there. Despicable Me 2, The Conjuring, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, Lootera, Wolverine, Ye Jawaani Hai Deewani – all these were a great watch and maybe better cinematic works than Chennai Express. There will be better and intelligent movies – some dealing with real/reel life heroes, some art & off-beat movies, even more masala flicks. There will be more of Farah Akhtars and Priyanka Chopras, there will be more of the Prakash Jhas and there will always be your Akshay Kumars and Salman Khans . But there will be only one SRK for me – one mellifluous baritone (he could narrate one entire 3-hour movie for all I care), one guy who could do that open-arm pose without looking foolish & gay, one guy who could spoof his own great work (Rahul – naam to suna hoga?). So he made a Ra.One for kids. He did a Chak De too. So he made a Jab Tak Hai Jaan. Then again, only he could have pulled off the Army fatigue-Ladhakh-Engfield-poetry look. The only actor I cry and I laugh with (****, thank GOD you weren’t with me during My Name is Khan!). It’s probably the world’s oldest affair – my fascination with the man. It’s been 20 years exactly – he had me at Ka-ka-ka-kiran! (Darr in 1993) (Some guy’s life just got so much more difficult!)

And then you ask me why did I watch the same movie twice? :(

I don’t want to eulogize the movie or SRK the entertainer or SRK the man. It would just end up sounding very defensive. But don’t ever ask me why I love his movies, because you now know. You may not understand, but you still know.

PS: I still love all my friends,can’t do without them humbugs! Keep writing in guys!! ;) "

Source : On Why That Express and Why That Khan | TaniSi's Reverie

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
One thing I'd like to say, before doing films like Om Shanti Om (obviously it was miles better than ETT & Dabang), Shahrukh Khan should watch Chak De! Shayad thoda buddhi khul jaaye uska. Gradually and gradually, he's just downgrading his level by doing bad films. A film can't hit just by having a super star, there are many more things to it.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
One thing I'd like to say, before doing films like Om Shanti Om (obviously it was miles better than ETT & Dabang), Shahrukh Khan should watch Chak De! Shayad thoda buddhi khul jaaye uska. Gradually and gradually, he's just downgrading his level by doing bad films. A film can't hit just by having a super star, there are many more things to it.

This is just a business .