Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Contagion ......... The most ultra real virus epidemic movie I have ever seen. This movie is not for those who are looking for "I am Legend" kinda hollywood blockbluster, but for those who wanna immerse themselves in a horrific situation where an actual virus hits, like Bird or swine flu only much much more lethal. The movie moves with a slow pace, which is expected, but the tension never leaves you, specially when you feel it more realistically. With a superb star cast like Lawrance Fishburm, Matt Demon, kate Winslet and Jude Law. This movie was far better than it deserved I guess ........ 7/10

Marion Cotillard, Gwyneth Paltrow...

Movie similar to this... OUTBREAK starring Dustin Hoffman, Rene Russo, Morgan Freeman, Donald Sutherland, Kevin Spacey...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@sam
Contagion is a good one -- almost documentary like feel. Nothing extraordinary but the execution will keep you on toes. Good background score too

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Contagion ......... The most ultra real virus epidemic movie I have ever seen. This movie is not for those who are looking for "I am Legend" kinda hollywood blockbluster, but for those who wanna immerse themselves in a horrific situation where an actual virus hits, like Bird or swine flu only much much more lethal. The movie moves with a slow pace, which is expected, but the tension never leaves you, specially when you feel it more realistically. With a superb star cast like Lawrance Fishburm, Matt Demon, kate Winslet and Jude Law. This movie was far better than it deserved I guess ........ 7/10

I watched Contagion and Perfect Sense, based on similar themes just two weeks apart. Though the later was a commercial cinema, former was documentary style. Perfect Sense emerged as a winner for me. It's not very hard hitting but the movie lingers with you for long time after you've watch it. Makes you think harder and makes you numb with the thought.

@faun Both has excellent background score. But OST of PS is better.

Flash

Lost in speed
Mel Gibson's Braveheart - 10/10
James horner's "For the love of princess" track is my favorite. Do hear it once.

shashankm

I reign hell..
Touching the void - 10/10!
EPIC Badass!
An unprecendented tale of survival and probably the finest of mountaineering movies/documentaries I've ever seen. Visuals are stunning and surprises me more is that in this age of advance mountaineering whree every peak, whether tough or not, has been scaled but siula Grande of andes is yet to be conquered by its South Face.
8 minutes into the movie and the ride begins and keeps you glued till end.

Must watch

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
High Noon 8/10

I never thought I would post a "western" recommendation here! I do not like this genre but the synopsis of this movie attracted me to it.
A marshall, personally compelled to face a returning deadly enemy, finds that his own town refuses to help him.
--- From IMDB
And I do not regret this decision.

Must watch for sure!

SijuS

Broken In
Just back after watching JISM 2 !! The ambient temperature in here is around 18-19 degrees, but still, Sunny Leone was scorching hot !! Her aciting was simply pathetic. The fact that her voice was dubbed makes it even worse. The way she was breathing and panting in every scene made me believe that she is an asthmatic patient !!
How was the movie?! I can sum it up in like two words : "TOTAL CRAP" !!!!

Rating : 2/5

Top Bottom