Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Honestly speaking...I started Merantau once..watched first 15 minutes, nothing was happening and stopped it.

Another reason of stopping in between - I had friends who were eating my brain first for playing a 'chinese' movie and then 'nothing' was happening.

:( would try again.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
^^ It plays around the typical MA movie story .... guy goes to town, to get some work, he is bullied for some time. Then he !out of the typical heroism! saves a girl and gets involved with the local thugs .....

so now you can understand why it felt boring ... give it some time and watch for only fight sequences ,.....

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Honestly speaking...I started Merantau once..watched first 15 minutes, nothing was happening and stopped it.

Another reason of stopping in between - I had friends who were eating my brain first for playing a 'chinese' movie and then 'nothing' was happening.

:( would try again.

Merantau is very good movie :mrgreen: can't be compared with Tony Jaa.
bcoz of different fighting style..

another good movie is chocolate :-o

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
I hope you didn't see in PVR. Cause I think PVR don't show in proper wide format.
I prefer Waves or Big cinemas for this reason.
PS: I too watched Avengers in PVR. And I regret it now. :(

Depends on region i guess.The previous theatre i saw the same movie had horrible aspect ratio with black bars.But PVR was good.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I hope you didn't see in PVR. Cause I think PVR don't show in proper wide format.
I prefer Waves or Big cinemas for this reason.
PS: I too watched Avengers in PVR. And I regret it now. :(
I saw that in Inox and another local theater near my house.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Saw Avengers today at Inox. Horrible print. It wasn't wide screen and it was so blurry. I saw it in 2D but seemed like I was watching a 3D version without the glasses. Way too much blur.

quan chi

mortal kombat
i repeat avengers even in big cinemas has black bars.Pls read my previous posts.It seems only the 3d version has proper format.

Flake

Linux User
I have watched Avenger 2D in Big Cinemas, Zirakpur (Chandigarh). Nothing is wrong with print or aspect ration over there.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Avengers broke dark knights records

i repeat avengers even in big cinemas has black bars.Pls read my previous posts.It seems only the 3d version has proper format.

Exactly i even posted on Big cinemas wall in facebook.They said they will let the technical team know.
Seriously whats the use in watching a movie in 4:3.
If it was 16:9.It would be better.
BTW someone told me that the movies resolution might be bigger than bigcinemas screen :-?

Depends on region i guess.The previous theatre i saw the same movie had horrible aspect ratio with black bars.But PVR was good.

Seriously tell me?Black bars?Or is it some new move by the government to show Hollywood 3d movies in 4:3?
Journey 2,wrath of titans and avengers all had black bars :(

Rush hour 1-8/10
Rush hour 2-8.2/10
rush hour 3-7.5/10

Yeah and saw E.T today-7/10:wink:

Top Bottom