Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Flash

Lost in speed
Shoot em up.. its good.. not a bad movie.. :p

Even Chuck Norris movies are better than the Shoot em up. Its a hollywood masala film. Fit for indian-movie remake. Lots of heroism.

I love the scene where he flies into a van thro the front window and shoots the 10+ thugs at a time. :-D

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Watched "Naan Kadavul" again. Nice movie. Director Bala won National award for this movie.

My favourite scene in this movie... Watch from 05:40 - 07:50

My Favourite scene in NAAN KADAVUL

Audio is little off sync.

For those who don't understand Tamil (from 7:10 - 7:50)
I am not an ordinary man, I'm KAL BHAIRAVAN who gives only death.

What are you coming to say?

For those who don't deserve to live, death I give is the penalty. For those who unable to live, death I give is a boon. VARDHAAN.
SARVA NAASHAK. RITHYUDEV...
I am BRAHMHA, I am ISHWAR... AHAM BRAHMHASHMI.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Architect 101 - Another sweet little Korean gem. Different love story.

Monsters (2012) - Watched it again. Love story on the backdrop of alien invasion. Beautiful execution.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Andaaz Apna Apna
watched again couple of days ago, still suddenly remember scenes then cant stop laughing

this scene crimemaster gogo says hands up to amar and prem, then leads the way with the gun in the air pointing at nothing, while amar and prem follow him with their hands up.
dont think there's another movie where the person pointing the gun is leading the way
*i.imgur.com/lAWIl.jpg
(dont worry abt piracy it's capped from youtube)

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Andaaz Apna Apna
watched again couple of days ago, still suddenly remember scenes then cant stop laughing

this scene crimemaster gogo says hands up to amar and prem, then leads the way with the gun in the air pointing at nothing, while amar and prem follow him with their hands up.
dont think there's another movie where the person pointing the gun is leading the way
*i.imgur.com/lAWIl.jpg
(dont worry abt piracy it's capped from youtube)

hahaha very funny movie..

aaya hoon to kuch leke hi jaaunga.. :D

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mogambo ka bhatija... ;)

(Re)watched it two weeks earlier. Found lots of shades of Rohit Shetty's films these days.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Outpost 5.5/10

Ho...hum, neither as good as "R-Point" nor as "Dog Soldiers". Its not a good movie but a good try.

The Lady Vanishes 7.8/10

A Hitchcock thriller movie but with comedy. The sarcasm is really good. Check it out. The end is...well, not satisfied.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^^Outpost environment and setting were very good.

I could not agree with you.

Look at R-Point and Dog Soldiers, they both kinda had similar environments but executed beautifully. Whereas in Outpost it only had this set-up and forgot to scare.

What do I do with a bunker in the middle of a jungle full of Nazi ghosts/Zombies who just kill. Its a horror movie, and shock factor is missing.

If you've noticed, they took 1/3 of movie duration to reach to that place only. Another 20 to roam around the place, open doors, close doors aur na jane kaya kaya.

Thats why I told its a good try...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^It's simply not a horror slugfest. Probably you have never played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. It's not outright scare which I expected from this movie. It's the environment and ambiance which were nowhere to be found in Dog Soldiers.

Dog Soldier's was down to action within minutes and at that it was a funny movie, not scary. A parody, I say.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I tried playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R but did not like it. And I expected it a horror movie.

For one, this movie was not full of stupid characters. It was a delight to see the squad tactics and the way characters intellegintly teamed up with strategies.

There are other things which were pretty realistically done within the given budget. No blatant use of CGI.

Another movie with no CGI is Splinter and pretty much every character played intelligently. Same goes for The Ruins, albeit good use of CGI there. I hope you will like either or both of these.

Go for Dread, it's slow as hell but the horror creeps inside your skin. Recommended by a_medico before.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Salmon Fishing In Yemen - I dont usually miss Ewan McGregor's movies. This one was nice little love story. Nothing great but enjoyable.

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Gods Must Be Crazy I & II , never get tired of watching it..

funny thing happened today, our family was watching part II today with our 2 yr old nephew.. in the scene where lead actress gets tied up with the hero .. my nephew started crying and saying "Aunty tied up" (in his own language) :lol: :lol: he stopped crying after Xixo cuts her loose :p , this was one hilarious moment :p

vipul619

whodiswhodat
Jeff Who Lives At Home 9/10
This movie was so soothing & the background scores were just perfect.

Listen to Beck - Looking For A Sign
Epic Song!

Top Bottom