Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

benedict

Right off the assembly line
what about minority report?? i think its one of the best sci fic movies ever....the idea conceived by the director (or the writer) is amazing..especially the pre-cogs etc

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
what about minority report?? i think its one of the best sci fic movies ever....the idea conceived by the director (or the writer) is amazing..especially the pre-cogs etc

Minority report is indeed an awesome movie. This is a kind of movie I want to see in a theater. Sadly they don't make such movies now a days. Or they are rare.

But one such futuristic movie which is about to release is the remake of Total Recall. Keep an eye on it. ;)

cyborg47

Technomancer
Prometheus 5/10
I was so eager to watch this movie, but as the movie started it was all over for me :(
Hugely disappointed by Riddley, prequel my a**, this is hardly a Alien movie for me. No terror/horror. And the main part, This movie has no score which is the main element in Alien series. Also it was very straight forward. I dont know why charlize theron was there in the movie. No story at all. Rightly pointed by sam9s, only at the end there is link. And the end is 3rd class. No 3D effects too. I dont know why they got it in 3D, most of the time i was watching without the glasses on...Disappointed!

Hope Amazing Spiderman will be good :)

Prometheus..3D done right :) not the converted crap.

As a fan of the original series, I was perfectly happy with Prometheus. And for people who are complaining that its not horror, the movie was never meant to be horror, it was never the intention of the writer or the director to make a horror movie with Prometheus. As for the questions the movie left out, stick with your assumptions until Prometheus 2 arrives :D

icebags

Technomancer
Outlander alien guy crash lands in ancient viking era netherlands(?) and decides to fight for them against something they are not supposed to fight.

Prometheus..3D done right :) not the converted crap.

As a fan of the original series, I was perfectly happy with Prometheus. And for people who are complaining that its not horror, the movie was never meant to be horror, it was never the intention of the writer or the director to make a horror movie with Prometheus. As for the questions the movie left out, stick with your assumptions until Prometheus 2 arrives :D

wow, many people still like it. :mrgreen: i like the fact that there is nothing special in this movie, its feels so natural, most of the time feels like i would have done the same what some of the characters did if i were in their place.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
And for people who are complaining that its not horror, the movie was never meant to be horror, it was never the intention of the writer or the director to make a horror movie with Prometheus.

Thanks man!
Next time I would make sure, not to rely on the tags of a movie at IMDb. :)

*i.imgur.com/iawJz.jpg

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ He did said... "One of the" :D

I think we should make a best sci-fi movie list, just like we made best Time Travel movies list! ;)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Me too. My fav scene is the couple meeting again in the restaurant after the war. Complimented by excellent background song and score.
It's hard to point out one particular fav scene. This movie is too good to do that. However, restaurant scene was one of the most moving one. Dunno how it seemed so real, awesome performances from both characters.

Infact, every character was likeable. That lanky dude too who used to fall down every now and then :lol:

thanks for suggesting The Classic, have you seen My Sassy Girl ? :mrgreen:

Yes, have seen many Korean movies except for the past 2-3 years.

My Sassy Girl is by the same director. Fun movie but I prefer The Classic over that.

mastervk

In the zone

My Sassy Girl is by the same director. Fun movie but I prefer The Classic over that.
Have you seen Taegukgi and Joint Security Area? Both are very good war movies(though not abt actual war) ..

icebags

Technomancer

wah, nice. you should make an interesting list of recommendable KR movies and share the same here. :-D

p.s. have you seen Boys Over Flowers too?

Top Bottom