Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

R2K

In the Zone
Swimming Pool (2003) - IMDb 8/10
You won't appreciate the storyline until you figure it out yourself at the ending....I mean the story ends in such manner that the viewer is left to interpret it on their own :)....

clmlbx

Technomancer
after a long wait I finally watched Pirates of silicon valley. I really liked it .. so it is 7/10

sucker punch:- many of u guys have given good ratings here for this movie.. but for me I was bored. action sequences are interesting but again it bores becoz it has nothing to do to story of film. most of action sequence can be said Dance sequences.:)).. I am not clear enough. If it was all her dreams then the girl(sweet pea) who got out was she a mentally ill patient. "shutter island " is kinda related to it and I loved watching it, but this(sucker punch) was boring.. 5/10

pratik385

In the zone
@rhitwick

Thanks mate
I have watched many from that list, will download remaining nice ones :)

@ Topic

Flipped [2010] Flipped (2010) - IMDb
Two eighth graders start to have feelings for each other despite being total opposites. Based on the novel "Flipped" by Wendelin Van Draanen.

Review : Woah, Really Nice Movie. You guys should watch this anytime. It will really bring lot of your old memories. I wont spoil it for just download it. I have downloaded from Mr.Kickasstorrents. He has done brrip which is really Gr8.

Rating : 4/5 (Must watch :) )

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Saw Transformer: Dark of the Moon today and I have to say it was way better than the second one, but still not above the first. Action was a large part of this movie and thankfully, the moronic humor was marginally toned down. A lot of unnecessary parts could have been avoided and the movie could have wrapped up sooner. Sound effects were amazing. Every detail of the auto-bots/decepticons transformation and weapon sounds were very accurate. I still feel that Bay is really immature in taking the story seriously and dumbing it down with stupid jokes. If there is another Transformers sequel, I wish they would JUST include the bot fights/war. Coming back to the movie, I feel Bay really provides great detail to every aspect. The moon sequence, war torn Chicago, the Wingsuit base jumping sequence, Driller ripping apart the skyscraper etc. were done remarkably well. Good soundtrack with the usual Linkin Park track being used (Iridescent in this case). Overall, it was a great summer pop-corn flick. :grin:

Also just complete re-watching The Exorcist and I still hold Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn as my scariest movie of all time. :grin:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Julia's eyes - Good popcorn spanish thriller. The script has its flaws but its gripping and entertaining. Recommended if you want to watch something different. I guess the actress is the one from The Sea Inside.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Extra duration is around 18 mins, I think. Love is the drug song takes place on the stage when the customers visit that place. The sets in the songs reminded me of Moulin Rouge(havent watched that movie though.

There are some more details of the mental asylum, when Rocket meets Babydoll for the first time.

Babydoll fires 2 bullets at her step dad (shown just one in theatrical version).

High roller is actually the lobotomist doctor. He appears to give philosophical gyan before he performs the procedure.

I think you watched theatrical version.
Yep, the one of 110 mins. Gonna watch the extended one tomorrow.

Watched, Sherlock Holmes. Oh well, what a movie. Fantastically well presented. Two hours were of pure enjoyment.
Sherlock Holmes (2009) - IMDb

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey... Must Watch!! ( The only Bollywood movie I liked in 2010 apart from Aakrosh)

Even Aakrosh is good... Infact, very good!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Love Object (2003) - 6.5/10
a good movie with a twisted ending u can't even think of.....

Them (2006) - 6.8/10
a thrilling movie...starts with a good suspense & keeps u hooked on
to your seat untill the killer is revealed....

The Hole (2001) - 6.5/10
another good horror/mystery movie.actually i liked its story & overall theme...
a must watch..its a grim & intelligent movie

Cry_Wolf (2005) - 6/10
this movie also has good story & mystery

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Delhi Belly : 1/10
Band Baja Barath : 7/10
The Heartbreak Kid : 9/10
Dylan Dog: 9/10 (The voice over is excellent)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Woah! 1/10 for Delhi Belly. My cousin called me up late last night spewing large amount of praise for this movie. Will watch it when it hits the DVD release.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Trust.

Trust (2010) - IMDb

1- Clive said the Mac Pro has a 4GB Hard Disk? :!:
2- This is the dumbest smile I've seen,
*img40.imageshack.us/img40/1919/wmplayer201107032339328.jpg

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Delhi Belly 8.5/10

First and foremost. This movie is not for all and certainly not for the fainthearted. This is step jump from bollywood. This movie breaks so many orthodox myths, values and etc that its a revolution on its own. I really thank Aamir Khan for backing this project and kudos to our sensor board for allowing this movie to release without a single cut.

Theme : Tashi(Imran Khan), Arun (Vir Das) and Nitin (Kunal) are three flat mates. Tashi is a journalist, Nitin is his photographer and Arun works in an ad-agency. Tashi's gf is an air-hostess. She gets a request from her friend that she has to drop a packet to a place on her behalf. She was too busy and the responsibility of dropping of package falls on Tashi. The movie starts to unfold its original events at this time. What happens next is mad chase and quirky, tongue-in-cheek humor which lasts with you even after movie ends (I still could not get over of the hangover and I watched d movie yesterday)

Character development : This is very neatly done. Every details is portrayed with great care. At titles you get to see the room, bathroom and kitchen where our protagonists stay. It helps you to imagine how the people would be who live there. Then as the movie progresses with every dialog and incident the characters are drawn carefully. Full marks here.

Direction : As Abhishek Chaubey surprised and shocked me in Ishqiya same does Abinay Deo. I would go one step forward and say he not only shocked but shattered a lot of people's masks of culture, elegance etc... This movie is what today's urban youth say, this movie is what todays urban youth do or deal with problems. Kudos to him for showing us this movie.
One more thing I want to add here, I've always hated the sh1t jokes in movie, I totally detest it and dislike it. I've always found that the scene having the sh1t joke contributes nothing to the storyline, in no-way it alters or modifies the main events. BUT, this movie is standing on the sh1t and the slogan they adopted from the movie "How to rob a bank" is very true for this movie. Sh1t happened and thus Delhi Belly happened.
I've only one complain for this movie. This movie is 5 minutes long. At the end it tries to conclude every fragment of story that resulted in the mayhem. Why was it necessary, a movie of such intellect should leave something for its audience to imagine or ponder upon later. This is the only issue I found in the movie which seemed to bother me. I don't think many here would have any problem with that.

Screenplay: Screenplay is the main pillar of this movie. Such dialogs and their filming are so cohesive that they never seemed acted or unnatural. The whole theater was laughing with every every dialog... loud scenes like "sh1t happens" with ViJay Raj, "Rakhle meri jaan" at brothel, "did they shave you b4 hanging" in taxi and lots of others are to be mentioned for bringing the house down with uncontrolled and fluent laughter. And add with this list all subtle blink-and-miss scenes and you get a perfect movie Delhi Belly.

Overall entertainment value: I laughed and laughed and laughed throughout the movie. I last laughed so much when I watched "Khichdi the movie" but that was a no-brainer and this movie not only has brain but heart and comedy at right place.

Acting: Everyone including Vir Das (or specially Vir Das?) acted superb. Vijay Raj once again proved that a talent like him is very less used in the industry.

Cinematography: This is another strong point of this movie. Rough and rugged looking Mumbai is what you get to see in this movie. Dirty flat, broken toilet, electric wire mesh running infront of your balcony, crowded gallis are so well captured that you never feel you are watching a place which you don't know. This could have been any city.

Background scores: Music of Ram Sampath is already superhit. The music alone got its fair share of controversies but still grew strong with every passing day. All the songs you have heard of this movie are used a background score and never affects the pace of the movie in any way.

Editing: Another fist class job here (apart from the concluding scenes at the end). This is a 96 mins movie and was shown without any break. In no time it felt long or you thought of taking a look at your watch to check out the time (because you really did not want miss anything on the screen)

Verdict: A must and must watch movie. This movie won't be liked by all for its bold and I-don't-care-what-you-think-of-me presentation. A lot would detest it for showing them mirror and a lot won't understand the humor in it or would simply bring the topic of culture, sankriti etc while swearing on it. Watch it if you think you can tolerate satires and black comedies. Don't watch it if you think you have the responsibility and ability to judge what is right and what is wrong for others. This movie is obviously not for you. Stay out of this because at the end you would end-up abusing it.

Trust.

Trust (2010) - IMDb

Now watch Hard Candy

:D

R2K

In the Zone
Trust.

Trust (2010) - IMDb

1- Clive said the Mac Pro has a 4GB Hard Disk? :!:
2- This is the dumbest smile I've seen,
*img40.imageshack.us/img40/1919/wmplayer201107032339328.jpg

but that movie do provide a useful information for teenage kids to avoid blindly trusting online people..... :grin: (BTW IMO the girl in this movie was too stupid... Actual dumb girls won't do something like that even if half of their brain cells are dead.. :D )

And I think that MAcbook pro statement was intentionally made just because he wanted to show his noob family:wink: that he knew something about computers .. also the makers of the movie wanted to show the viewers that he was a loving but dumb dad who is giving his daughter an expensive laptop as birthday present and he is a total noob when it comes to computers and the internet :grin:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The Devils Chair (2007) - 5.8/10
well this movie will be a lot surprised in the end.
the narration is very well done....

Don't Sit on that Devils chair

Eden Lake (2008) - 6.7/10
this movie is simply awesome....

Top Bottom