Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

R2K

In the Zone
Shor in the city (8/10)
Excellent movie with a storyline inspired from real life events.
Also I liked its tagline " Karma is a b!tch " :D
BTW i think bollywood is gonna have a great future with these new actors coming up in recent movies. :)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Sucker Punch - What a movie! Enjoyed a good movie after long time. And the songs blended so well with the movie. The beginning song is as good as a decent music video. The movie never loses the grip. Has the brainfck ending but by now we have gotten used to them. Cant wait for extended cut.

Off to get the soundtrack.
Thanks a lot for mentioning this.
Gave it a watch. I don't wanna say anything as you already said a lot. Fantastic watch, that's all.
Regards.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^ I will be watching Director's cut too in couple of days.

Wake Wood - An Irish country horror. Do give it a try if you want to watch a different kind of horror. Slow but gripping and effective.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Storm Warning (2007) - 6/10
a good horror to watch with nice visuals...

100 Feet (2008) - 5.8/10
keep your pulse pounding all the way up to the flat line ending....
gore effects are pretty good.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Luv ka the end 5.5/10

This movie is "John Tucker must die"+"Easy A" (only last scene concept)
Started off well, had that fresh smell till sometime then it started its downfall.

Of them all, I really liked the acting of "Pushtii Shakti" as "Juggs". She makes being fat...cute. Has much screen time and dialog than the leading lady and acts really well. Not even in one scene she seemed to me acting. I found her very natural. A very promising actress, only thing is that she should not get typecasted in roles that demands fat ladies with humor as it happened with "toontoon" and others.

The adjustment bureau 6/10

When religious persons make movies, they make movies like "The book of eli" and this one.
Liked the starting but if you really think about the movie when it ends...abt what did you just saw...its a hollow movie with no substance. Felt cheated. I'm being too generous by giving it 6.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Transformers: Dark of the Moon 8/10

Minds blown!!! Best Transformers movie ever. A must watch/

Full review HERE who cares...posting again

Went for the paid preview at Cinemastar in Thane. Show was @9PM and costed me Rs 140/-
Runtime: 150 mins
Plot: Are you crazy that you search for a plot in a Transformer movie?!!! I'm not so I did not.
Still if you are being too demanding, it goes like this...long long ago there was a war between Decepticons and Cybertrons. One Autobot escaped the scene witha pathbreaking tech and crash landed at moon. Eventually Autobots living in Earth come to know about this and recover the spaceship and its lone autobot "The Sentinel".
The Sentinel actually had flown away with 100 pillars which would can create a bridge by which he can bring Cybertron to earth. For this they want to make earth as shelter and needs to destroy it. (What you are reading a spoiler and still not getting it?!!! Well, I told you at first don't force me tell its plot)

Character development: It has no scope to pay attention to human actors. Hence not much contribution from 'em.

direction: Michael Bay hit the spot right this time. No nonsense jokes, unnecessary romance scenes. You get what you have came here for. WAR!!!

Overall entertainment value: If you want a good story along with awesome action, then you would have stopped watching Transformers series after watching the first part, if you are not...then this movie is for you. Yeah for you only. Minds blown!!! Awesome action...just fcking awesome!!!

Cinematography: Yeah...a hell lot improved this time. He has abandoned the shaky camera this time. You could finish an action scene without catching headache. Fights are choreographed very well. A destroyed chicago and its destruction is gr8. Then again these all are CGI so I'm not sure if it would be counted in cinematography.

Background scores: As always LP. This time its "A thousand suns"

3D: Till first half the 3D is engazing but after that it really vanishes...

Loopholes:-
1>Megatron says he made a deal with Sentinel for rebuilding Cybertron. He could have done this long ago. Why wait for Optimus to come to earth and kick their asses.
2>The gal provokes Megatron!!! WTF!!! Seriously WTF!!! Mother of all cliches
3>Megatron attacks Sentinel just when Sentinel was about to finish Optimus Prime. Why not wait a few more seconds and then kill Sentinel. Instead both of them died now.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Lol...went for the paid preview. 140/- only

3D.... not that impressed. Still...go for 3D or you would always feel why you did not go for the 3D.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Shor in the city (8/10)
BTW i think bollywood is gonna have a great future with these new actors coming up in recent movies. :)

Can this movie be watched along with family? Any scenes or foul language?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
This is what we need to combat the lame stuff coming out of Bollywood. A gritty cop story.

Singham Promo Video

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
This is what ran across my mind, while watching the trailer of Singham:

Another Gangajaal! :|
South Indian film copy :(
Definitely from a South Indian Film director :|
RAJNIKANT! :shock:

WTF! How vehicle jump from a bullet!! :shock:
:-D

Anish

Spectre
Shor in the city (8/10)

I remember hearing this quote in Crank-Highvoltage film, said by doc miles.
that goes as "Confucius says, Karma's a B!tch"

watched "The good, the bad, the weird" totally nice movie. I would rate it 9/10

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Shagird - Its an Ab Tak Chappan wannabe movie. To an extent, a decent copy. Things are going on well and suddenly they decide to give multiple twists like in British gangster movies. Thats when things go a bit wrong. Good to see Anurag Kashyap as an actor though it should have been a bit bigger and major role. Nana and Mohit are good.

Top Bottom