Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

abhidev

Human Spambot
nice review there @rhitwick

watched 'Delhi Belly' yesterday....totally a laugh riot.....didn't enjoy the hindi dubbing...wish ed had watched this one in English....well its just a 96min movie with no interval...and there was no one scene that made me bored. Liked it.

Disclaimer: Avoid watching it with family at all costs....if you don't want to die with embarrassment as this movie is full of men swearing at each other and a lot of butt crack show....

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Now watch Hard Candy

:D
Taken, watching it tonight.
but that movie do provide a useful information for teenage kids to avoid blindly trusting online people..... :grin: (BTW IMO the girl in this movie was too stupid... Actual dumb girls won't do something like that even if half of their brain cells are dead.. :D )

And I think that MAcbook pro statement was intentionally made just because he wanted to show his noob family:wink: that he knew something about computers .. also the makers of the movie wanted to show the viewers that he was a loving but dumb dad who is giving his daughter an expensive laptop as birthday present and he is a total noob when it comes to computers and the internet :grin:
Thanks for clearing the computer part.
Yes, it's a must watch movie for teenagers, especially nowadays when this damn chat, online stuffs are thumping and also ruining the life of the teens, on the bad side.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Yes, it's a must watch movie for teenagers, especially nowadays when this damn chat, online stuffs are thumping and also ruining the life of the teens, on the bad side.
:D

I'm waiting for your comments on Hard Candy :twisted:

F.A.L.T.U 4/10 (Could be put into must not thread, but I liked a few moments in this movie...so its here)

FALTU sucks...it sucks even more everytime Jacky Bhagnani appears in the screen and opens his mouth to speak.

I did not get why he kept on calling Arshad and Ritesh "Sir" throughout the movie?!!! May be he still calls them sir at public places too.

An one time watch (may be)

Crows Zero 6/10

In short there is a school in Japan where none seemed to read anything. There are standards (classes) and every standard has its king or boss or leader. A newbie joins the school and challenges the school fight champion. But he's sent to begin from the beginning i.e. NFS:Most Wanted story.

Very stylish cinematography with well choreographed action. Check it out.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Hard Candy.
I'd NOT comment anything about the movie but just one, I should've checked my ref if it has a beer or not before watching it as I won't or can't sleep tonight.

*img20.imageshack.us/img20/4599/76586487.jpg

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hard Candy.
I'd NOT comment anything about the movie but just one, I should've checked my ref if it has a beer or not before watching it as I won't or can't sleep tonight.

Lol...Well Hard Candy is hard... :D

The Girl Next Door ........ wow pretty powerfull movie, to begin with its loosly based on the true story of Sylvia Likens a 16 year girl who was tortured to death by her aunt Gertrude Baniszewski along with other young people from their neighborhood.
The truth itself makes you curious about the events and drags you to watch the movie.
Though the events in the movie are pretty loosely based..... the torcher and the sadistic approach of Sylvia's aunt towards her is pretty much accurate and is very hard hitting. PLus the fact that it was all done to a sweet little 16 year old girl and her polio affected sister send chills down your spine. The movie is very serious and has quality direction. People who are easily affected by this kind of violence might not want to view this. Never the less as a historical brutal fact this needs to seen. 6.8/10 for this one ....

That movie gave me sleepless nights for half a month. Even after 3 yrs had passed since I watched this movie I still make sure not to recommend this movie to anyone...not even by mistake....not even in a debate to prove my vast knowledge (?) in movies....I would rather lose than making people aware of this movie.

I still can't believe what I saw in that movie and I still could not acquire enough courage to take sneak peek in it again...

@ssk_the_great, kai re....khud movie review thread banata hai aur ek line review likhta hai?

R2K

In the Zone
Hard Candy.

*img20.imageshack.us/img20/4599/76586487.jpg

LOL...you can't sleep after watching hard candy ? WTF:rofl:
Then try watching Insidious (2010) - IMDb and let me know what happened....:wink::-D
BTW Avoid watching this with headphones in darkrooms. :D

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
That movie gave me sleepless nights for half a month. Even after 3 yrs had passed since I watched this movie I still make sure not to recommend this movie to anyone...not even by mistake....not even in a debate to prove my vast knowledge (?) in movies....I would rather lose than making people aware of this movie.

I still can't believe what I saw in that movie and I still could not acquire enough courage to take sneak peek in it again...

I have seen that one....& the cinematography & direction is gr8...:-D

ithehappy

Human Spambot
LOL...you can't sleep after watching hard candy ? WTF:rofl:
Then try watching Insidious (2010) - IMDb and let me know what happened....:wink::-D
BTW Avoid watching this with headphones in darkrooms. :D

Yes, Hard Candy wasn't a horror one but a rather psycho type one, and it's the very best at that category. And I really have trouble watching psycho movies. Always feel dizzy while watching.
I have thought of watching Insidious several time but after seeing the violence/gore section in Imdb I stepped back at least three times. But now I am gonna watch it :). I have no speaker so headphone is the only option but I will definitely keep my dim light on. :)), otherwise I've post the comment from heaven/hell.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I am not sure I posted about Insidious in this thread. Was very highly recommended to me. It was scary in parts. Different too. But was a mix of quite a few horror movies.

I liked the offbeat non hollywood horror movie more - Wake wood.

Now I think I have posted about both.

changeling had me sad for a day or two ......to be frank ....

Surprising to see a round figure from you for a change. We are used to 6.233, 7.89238438, etc kind of numbers from you. ;)

Top Bottom