Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
How can you watch a movie second time which you did not like in first attempt? I, obviously not gonna do a repeat watch this movie.

Bad taste of humor. "Chasing Amy" disgraced.

R2K

In the Zone
How can you watch a movie second time which you did not like in first attempt? I, obviously not gonna do a repeat watch this movie.

Bad taste of humor. "Chasing Amy" disgraced.

Well...the movie was in my HDD and i viewed it again because i had nothing else to watch...but somehow i liked it this time...:smile:

ithehappy

Human Spambot

It's quite normal! I have for example watched Hancock for first time and disliked it very much, but when I watched it second time I didn't dislike it that much. Watching a movie which you didn't like at first watch for second time is absolutely normal.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Possible explanation of above phenomenon:
You dislike the movie first time, maybe because it didn't met your "Expectations".
But you like that second time, since you already know what's the story about, and this time, you focus on more detailed stuff, which you maybe have missed the previous time.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
But, if you did not like it first time, why would you give it a second try?

R2K's explanation is good imo, he had nother movie with him so he tried this again.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Watched The Adjustment Bureau and Fast Five . Both movies are good but excepting more car racing in Fast Five. For The Adjustment Bureau i give 7.3/10 and Fast Five 7.5/10

Rahim

Married!
Repulsion.
Great movie from Polanski.
NOTE: This one is strongly for those who love brain-twisting stuff and definitely not for kids here.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
^^ Possible explanation of above phenomenon:
You dislike the movie first time, maybe because it didn't met your "Expectations".
But you like that second time, since you already know what's the story about, and this time, you focus on more detailed stuff, which you maybe have missed the previous time.
Perfectly said.
But, if you did not like it first time, why would you give it a second try?

R2K's explanation is good imo, he had nother movie with him so he tried this again.
Vinnet's answer.
R2K's one is another cause too.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Pirates of Caribbean: On stranger Tides 6.8/10

First time I found a 10.30PM show in Thane to be 90% occupancy. Jack Sparrow has his fans here.

Better 3D than recent movies, witty dialogs which are, well...expected from Jack Sparrow and not so gr8 story.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Finally Watched Source Code!

Excellent performance by the lead actor, Jake Gyllenhaal. Enjoyed the movie thoroughly. And maybe I did had enjoyed it more, if I hadn't watched the trailer. The trailer did was a kind of spoiler. But then again, it was the trailer only, that made me watch this movie, even weeks after its release.

HEAVY SPOILER FOR SOURCE CODE
I HAD to watch the movie, as soon as I had realized that it involved Time travel. Well, not Time Travel in true sense, but maybe even more exciting!
I loved how the film was shot, directed and edited. The sense of originality was in almost every time the actor went back into those 8 minutes. Even after we were witnessing the same incidents again and again, not once it felt repetitive, since every time the execution was different!
This film had its moment of awe, jaw dropping moments and spine chilling visuals, like the explosion, when least expected. And that moment when time stopped to reveal the passengers in the perfect mood, the actor wanted them to be. At this point, I would quote a review from IMDb, that is possibly the best explanation:

And what happens in the last iteration is what should have made the movie memorable. Knowing this is his last remnant of consciousness, what he does the last time is make everyone in the train car happy. He's learned a great deal about them the other times through. He bets a comedian (whom he has recognized from television) all the money he has that he can't make everyone on the car laugh. The man takes the bet and proceeds to do just that. As the seconds tick down to the inevitable end, when they'll all be incinerated, he takes the girl in his arms, tells her he loves her, and wants to be with her forever. The frame freezes and pans the whole length of the car, revealing every passenger laughing or in various states of bliss. This is the instant that will see the hero into eternity.
I don’t know about this being the best sci-fi movie or something, but it sure is the best to come out in a very long time. And I am glad, that better late, and alone, I didn’t missed this one! :-D

I say, Source Code, is the MUST WATCH movie, for any Science Fiction fan!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Band Baaja Baaraat 8/10

After "Jab We Met" this is a true romantic movie. But in a raw style.

Directing: Being a newcomer Maneesh Sharma did a wonder. Don't know if he's like one film wonder but I want to say one thing, he has his eyes to details and this would take him far.
Silence and subtlety are such beautifully handled that I'm really impressed by him.

Editing: One and only downside of this movie. Some scenes are stretched and prior intermission movie pace is very slow. After intermission it picks up again and does not stop until end.

Cinematography: Being a marriage centric movie this had to be a colourful movie and that job is done perfectly. Lots of colour, music and crowd, no where a slight intention to take a shot from different angle. The director and cameraman knew exactly who are the directed audience for this movie and they stuck to the basic. God job here.

Screenplay: Dialogs are raw and total Delhi oriented; If someone is not familiar with such way of conversation he/she might find it rude or improper but this how its done there and that is exactly captured in script. Anushka and Ranveer Singh got balanced dialogs. Balanced means, none ever shadowed another in any scene. The conversation at the climax is very real life like.....without drama.

Acting: Anushka showed she can act and can be trusted with more responsibility. Ranveer Singh is one who surprised me. He showed more confidence and maturity in acting than any recent new launches. In trailers I totally disliked him. But now I know he was the perfect choice for this role. In supporting cast liked performance of Neeraj Sood as Maqsood-florist. Rest of the cast did not get much screentime so can't really complain.

Verdict: A nice above avg romantic flick. Touches all peaks of perfection apart from editing. I really had no expectation from this movie but its simplicity, raw energy and good performances impressed me. Recommended.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pirates of Caribbean: On stranger Tides

average story, ok dialogues, 3D is a gimmick and it gets a 5 on 10. You can watch this movie with your 4-5 chick friends if you are 17 years or under. That's that.