Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ajayritik

Technomancer
We see hindi movies......and u seem to miss the reviews/opinions here.

OUTIM: not very hopeful about it. It contains the actors I don't like.

I do see but not as much as for English movies. And also I'm sure most of the guys here don't like in general hindi movies.
OUATIM has one of my fav actor so looking forward to it. Read positive reviews about it.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

corrected:smile:
Thanks for correcting himadri

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
some days ago I watched Beauty and the Beast (1991) the Disney one...yepp it is very old..but very nice story. Also, as I didn't knew the story I liked the movie very much...there were some boring parts in the movie when characters start singing...apart from that the movie is worth watching...

somehow I have noticed that animation movies are generally good...prior to B&B I watched How to Train Your Dragon...which was again an awesome movie...shud have watched in 3D...there were some breath taking moments...but i guess u guys have already discussed that...

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Well, friends, watched 'Traitor' 2-3 days back. It was a okay movie, I liked it. But could not understand if Samir Horn was working really undercover for the FBI, then why would he blow the US embassy in France? And secondly, why did he even agree to blow even one long distance bus in USA? These are the facts which feel illogical.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Did anyone see this movie The Yes Men Fix the World ?
Now freely available in P2P network...

Check out some serious stuff...
After SICKO, I liked this one...

7.5/10

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Kick-Ass 8/10

This is a far better action movie than any others I've recently seen. Nice concept but I missed the reason for all the hype...

IMDB top 250??? Why?

~~~SPOILER~~~
Was BigDaddy burnt enough to die on chair?

~~~Spoiler end~~~

The Losers 5.5/10

An average action flick.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Kaidan 8/10

Its not a horror movie rather a fairy tale movie...its kind of movie u have heard ur grany telling u while, u were a kind.

at least 1-2 stories I've read.

But the style and the artistic level depicted in this movie made it to such a phenomenon. Another thing that must be mentioned is the way ancient Japan is shown none ever tried that.

From attire, sports, food, utensils all....very neatly taken care of.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Kairo 7.5/10

Its a different horror movie. It sure is creepy but I could not get the concept.

Ghosts overtaking the world!!! Well that was the result but the reason is still not clear to me.

One thing that is mentionable about this movie is the appearance of ghosts. They just don't appear in this movie, i.e unlike in hollywood horror movies, suddenly a figure appears in a room or place, here the ghosts appear slowly from thin air, u really need to rewind a few seconds to catch the whole thing.

Good effort and something different.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
watched hurt locker, decent movie but what was so exceptional about it ? May be the crappy lcd screen in dell studio ruined it for me. One dialog where main protagonist says that you love many things when you r a kid than now. Somewhere down the lane in our life we just lose the love with small trivial things.

Watched District 13 in fast forward again, great parkour movie and good execution style.

Watche Karthik Calling Karthik in ff, seems a good movie. Will watch it again completely.

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

watched Ravan too in ff, this movie is wtf except the location

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind :- 8/10
Terrific movie. The concept was brilliant plus it also has a touchy emotional side. Plus I didn't know that Jim Carrey can play a serious role so well.

Piyush

Lanaya
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind :- 8/10
Terrific movie. The concept was brilliant plus it also has a touchy emotional side. Plus I didn't know that Jim Carrey can play a serious role so well.

yup
nice story
thats the first movie i saw in which jim carrey was playing a serious role
and he did it very well

saw A CHRISTMAS CAROL
he did good voice acting

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Watche Karthik Calling Karthik in ff, seems a good movie. Will watch it again completely.
Don't fast forward it. The movie is pretty good. I had very less expectations when I started out, but it turned out to be a surprise package. The story is unique and served as a good break from the usual bore-fest flicks.

pushkar

Journeyman
Kick-Ass 8/10

This is a far better action movie than any others I've recently seen. Nice concept but I missed the reason for all the hype...
I loved that movie. Never saw the imdb rating though.

I watched She's out of my League few days ago. Plot was nothing too special, but it was good light-hearted movie. Plus, Alice Eve is so hot.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Christmas in August - Good love story. Typical Korean. Gorgeous actress who went into hiding after 2002. A little retro feel as its a 1998 movie.

Shelter (2010) - From the makers (or writer, I think) of Identity. Gripping horror. Will remind you of a famous movie after watching it. Good for one time watch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom