Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
its the animatrix , fourth one (not directly related to matrix trilogy but concerns about the whole matrix world itself) from today's world how the matrix evolved and why etc etc .. and the war of machines and humans

ajai5777

Youngling
please suggest some movies for me..

genres - thriller,action,sci-fi,mystery

movies like matrix,I am legend,I robot,Resident evil 1 etc.
I dont have any idea which to watch.I searched for top rated scifi movies in IMDB and watched one named serenity.But I didnt like it :-x

Suggest me some movies worth watching.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
please suggest some movies for me..

genres - thriller,action,sci-fi,mystery

movies like matrix,I am legend,I robot,Resident evil 1 etc.
I dont have any idea which to watch.I searched for top rated scifi movies in IMDB and watched one named serenity.But I didnt like it :-x

Suggest me some movies worth watching.

Inception.

ajai5777

Youngling
f*ck the ratings :-x another movie sucked - V for vendetta

2 days 2 movies both sucked.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist

Wait...what? *scrubs eyes*

Did you just say V for Vendetta sucked? A Wachowski brothers movie? The one which has Hugo Weaving's articulate dialogue delivery? Natalie Portman's fantastic acting?

If you would have said 'V' the TV show sucked, I would have believed you. If you would have said 'V' the word sucks, I would have laughed away. But this is simply beyond belief.

I guess people have their opinion and should keep it. But I'm really curious to know the reason why it sucked?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
The dialogues in V for Vendetta are far beyond the word excellent. And Hugo's delivery just multiplied that excellence with infinity. Watched it nearly 7 times... every time I wasn't able to do anything except dropping my jaw.

ajai5777

Youngling
I am not a movie geek to judge or analyze movies.I dont watch many movies (main reason is that I dont like most of them).That movie didnt impress me.
Only build ups were there no real stuff.I didnt like the story and the philosophical approach.The sci fi and mysteroius contents failed to impress me.
They blended many things to the subject but nothing worked for me.
hm.. I may be the wrong person.

Could you suggest me some movies like I am legend,I robot, Resident evil etc.
I dont like the classic type movies.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
No offense, but V for Vendetta is a great movie. Every time I watch the movie.. particularly where Natalie Portman reads the letter in the prison of a Lesbian... I came THIS close to crying.

coming to year recommendation.. Hills have Ears, Final destination, The Exorcist, Aliens, etc.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Hills Have Eyes dude... or is there a movie named Hills Have Ears ? (not bashing you, seriously asking.).

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

My post was at vamsi

And btw, everyone has their own opinions. Don't argue over it.

NJempire

Broken In
here some Korean stuff:
A moment to remember
A Millionaire's First Love
my little bride
My.Sassy.Girl

4 of the very best I have ever seen... :D

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Hot tub time machine.... well if you ask me too much of sex comedy ruines the movie (even if its of standard) and that is what happened with HTTM. While reading reviews at IMDB, it was said that this movie is another "Hangover" but it far from it AFAIMC ...... Hangover was class...... this on the other hand had few funny moments, but the comic sex par was ... I dont know .... not funny ....... 6/10 for me ......

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Yea like you have with Border .... That literally sucked to the core for me ... lol

lol yeah. Dunno why, but love that movie.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I too watched Hot Tub Time Machine. Certainly not comparable to Hangover, but had many funny moments although doing another "Back to the Future" (with character Lou, betting and winning, Lougle etc.) they should have thought about something new.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

should have tried with fries :idea:

Watched Sholay, Gabbar was funny as hell. Look at his expressions :p

Two favorite things: 1) Aaaak...thooo 2) Haramzadeyyyyy
Hint: Thakur gets a chance to reply with 1)
Veeru gets a chance to reply with 2)

This movie is still awesome though my perception of it has changed in a funny way.
8/10 from me.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

here some Korean stuff:
1.A moment to remember
2.A Millionaire's First Love
3.my little bride
4.My.Sassy.Girl

4 of the very best I have ever seen... :D

1. Melodrama, sad movie, beautiful actress
2. Melodrama, slightly unrealistic setting, good tracks, sad movie, unconventionally beautiful actress
3. Funny movie, pencil scene is awesome, good funny cute tracks. actress is cute too
4. Best romantic comedy movie, chulbuli actress

Since you have taken a plunge into Korean movies then try these ones too:
1. The Classic (my favorite movie, same actress "A Moment to Remember")
2. 3 iron (artistically pleasing movie with no dialogs)
3. ...ing (same actor as in "My Little Bride", actress is cute and some serious acting talent)
4. Lover's Concerto (best Melodrama I have ever seen executed perfectly, hav two actresses, one from "A Moment to Remember" and other one is the prettiest one IMO (unconventionally pretty), and actor is from My Sassy Girl)
5. Once Upon A Time in High School (Taekwondo and school life with first love, what more can one expect, there is one fighting scene which will blow you away)
6. Once in A Summer (another melodrama, I'd rate it lower than Lover's Concerto but probably among the best, one memorable song too)
7. Sad Movie (title says it all, its like a fairy tale, everything looks so perfect and starts as a feel good funny movie but ends on a sad note, four stories intersecting at some point and you can definitely relate to one of the charater over there)

a_medico

Chillum Baba
should have tried with fries :idea:

Watched Sholay, Gabbar was funny as hell. Look at his expressions :p

Two favorite things: 1) Aaaak...thooo 2) Haramzadeyyyyy
Hint: Thakur gets a chance to reply with 1)
Veeru gets a chance to reply with 2)

This movie is still awesome though my perception of it has changed in a funny way.
8/10 from me.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

1. Melodrama, sad movie, beautiful actress
2. Melodrama, slightly unrealistic setting, good tracks, sad movie, unconventionally beautiful actress
3. Funny movie, pencil scene is awesome, good funny cute tracks. actress is cute too

Since you have taken a plunge into Korean movies then try these ones too:
1. The Classic (my favorite movie, same actress "A Moment to Remember")
2. 3 iron (artistically pleasing movie with no dialogs)
3. ...ing (same actor as in "My Little Bride", actress is cute and some serious acting talent)
4. Lover's Concerto (best Melodrama I have ever seen executed perfectly, hav two actresses, one from "A Moment to Remember" and other one is the prettiest one IMO (unconventionally pretty), and actor is from My Sassy Girl)
5. Once Upon A Time in High School (Taekwondo and school life with first love, what more can one expect, there is one fighting scene which will blow you away)
6. Once in A Summer (another melodrama, I'd rate it lower than Lover's Concerto but probably among the best, one memorable song too)
7. Sad Movie (title says it all, its like a fairy tale, everything looks so perfect and starts as a feel good funny movie but ends on a sad note, four stories intersecting at some point and you can definitely relate to one of the charater over there)

To add to Korean movie list:-

Marathon
- A must must watch for every korean movie fan
Thirst - A very unusual Vampire movie. But be ready for some gore and explicit scenes.

Sholay - I always watched it from the humor point of view. I watched it very late in life but by then, TV had ruined it for me. Each scene from the movie has been brillantly exploited by MTVs, Vs etc channels as a spoof. My favorite being :-

Samba sitting on small hill. Gabbar repeatedly asking questions to Samba "Arre o samba..." etc etc

After a while Samba gets irritated and shouts at Gabbar...."Abe saale Gabbar...kitne sawal poochta hai? .. Sala ek to itni upar yaha oxygen kam hai aur tu sawal pe sawal pooche ja raha hai"

Lolll..

And of course there there unlimited Thakur and his hands scenes.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^I wouldn't recommend Thirst so soon as its on a darker side of Korean Cinema. Requires a lot more maturity and open mindedness. Similarly Oldboy, vengeance series, Kim Ki Duk's movies (bad guy, Seom, Shi Gan etc) etc. These will seem boring and tasteless at first to a casual movie watcher.

Back in school these old classics were nothing but serious business for me. There was a time when I thought that people who die in movies died actually...lol.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I found it very similar to "A walk to remember".

This is the best movie I've ever seen (actually seen more that 20 times)

This is a complex movie... ;-)

Korea is no1 in producing melodrama movies.........seriously even beats India with KJO trying very hard to get the crown back.

And, how could u guys forget "Christmas in August" and "Il Mare" ?
Romantic, fairytale lovestory and ending that makes ur throat choke...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^
+1
Il Mare is sci-fi + romantic story

Havent seen Christmas in August, who is the lead ?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
See, I'm not very good at remembering Korean actor names...
But IMDB shows he was in "Shiri"
Palwolui Christmas (1998)