Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^^^

Rajeev Raj and Mohini's acting is superb. So is the ghost. Incidentally, I recall, a ghost in some movie wore Power sport shoes. I think it was Darwaza. Not sure.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Yeh chutiya kya kar raha hai purani kabr mein :D

Watched Bruno - Ok movie. Praticularly, the ways of getting popular.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Yeh chutiya kya kar raha hai purani kabr mein :D

Is it Chutiya or Eebu Hatela?

Mera naam hai Eebu Hatela
Maa meri chudail ki beti
Baap mera shaitan ka chela
Khayega kela?

- Ibu Hatela (In Gunda)

P.S. - Chutiya was Shakti Kapoor. And Bulla was Mukesh Rishi :D

All time fav movie!!! Deja Vu....

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Inglorious Basterds - There is something special about it.

Col. Landa is strong candidate for Best supporting actor for Oscar. Surprisingly, the other actress from same movie is preferred over Shoshanna for a nominee in acting category! Strange.

Loved the track Un Amico when Probable spoiler :

Shoshanna is shot! Listening to it.

Last edited:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
^^Hey !! What's Normal 3D?
Even I've read in IMDB that RealD or Dolby3D are the best for Avatar!As far as I know all the latest 3D tech are either one of it! The argument is which one is the best, and which one has the least ghosting effect! I may be wrong, but never heard about a NORMAL 3d!!

As far as the story, as SOuth Park has said already, It's Dances With Wolves with Smurfs in it!

veddotcom

Journeyman
A friend of mine today watched Avatar in Imax Dome in Mumbai and was totally blown away by the experience.

Dosto its an Outstanding Movie, Very Good Combination of Emotion, Adventure, Action, Thriller.. If you loved the Trailer of AVATAR then i m Dam sure you will love the movie 10 times more.. Recommended to ALL, Go Go Go and Watch As soon As Possible....

And Please Watch it in 3D, I couldn't get Chance to get that, Not Available in my City.I m sure you will enjoy more coz visual scenes were looking very good in 2D.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Avatar 8/10 (2 extra for visuals only)

Well, what I'm going to write may not please some (maximum) but remember its MY opinion only.

Everyone was waiting for this one, it was the next big thing in cinema milestone and it has landed.
I got the chance to watch it in 3D (Cinemax @250/- :-D )tonight.

Seriously, mind-blowing and awesome visuals, lots of color and play of light. A very serious care has been taken for details. Imagining a whole world and then defining its details and how should it react to environment is not a small task.
Avatar gets a full 10/10 for this.
But, yes but...its story, what I anticipated came true. Yes guys here who watches lots of movies (The Last Samurai specially) and play a bit games (Turok may be ;-) ) already knows what this story is.
And those who are just smart and guessed something about the story watching the trailers...well u guys are correct too. Its story is exactly what u thought.
Old story with some meaningless (weak logic I would like to say) twists are put into it.
I'm not mentioning anything here, as it would spoil ur fun, let enough people watch it, then we can start an argument over falsifying my claims.
Seriously I'm not satisfied with the story and not too impressed with 3D. I didn't get the feel of it. IMO its not a right movie to watch in 3D but ya, HD obviously only for visuals. U don't go to 3D for awesome flowers or glowing octopus like weird things, u go for action which has the power to put u directly in the middle of it, makes u feel the heat. Well there are only one/two such scenes...

To sum it up,
Visuals=10/10
Screenplay= 5/10 (don't expect anything new, lots of loopholes and logic-less story twists/progress)
Directing= 7.5/10
Cinematography=10/10

Why should u see it,
1>visuals
2>visuals
3>visuals
4>visuals
5>visuals
6>N/A
7>N/A
8>N/A
9>Acting
10>Story

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
imo avatar is goin to seriously dent the bollywood box-office except maybe 3 idiots.all of my idiotic friends have planned to go.i'm kinda unsure about it since i've seen classics by not paying a penny( where i'd have loved to) and to go watch a CG movie just doesnt seem ethically right to me.ntl my friends will drag me to watch it :p ahh what the hell, it isnt atleast pathetic as 2012

clmlbx

Technomancer
crap I could not watched in 3D as not available in my city.. but watched first day first show in inox...

visuals are great. (backgrounds and characters are amazing)

For Vfx:- 10/10

but for story :-6/10

their is not much story fot 160 minutes long movie. but still worth a watch..

well I posted this yesterday afternoon in some other avatar thread.. so hee it is

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Just came back from the show and I'm just searching for my JAW, which seems to be lost since it dropped at the beginning of the show. :grin:

The movie was out of this world. I am out of words to actually express it. Before I begin, a big word of caution to people who are yet to watch this movie, watch this movie in 3D OR don't watch it at all. Seriously, it would take away the whole experience of this movie.

Now coming to the movie itself, James Cameron is a genius; a visionary. A person who has a larger than life imagination and knows how to project it. This movie is not just a movie, it's a dawn of a new worlds experience. If you ever wanted to look up close to world other than our own, then this is the movie you need to watch (again IN 3D only).

The storyline wasn't something very different, but was passable. What makes this movie worth watching is the level of detail, it has involved, in creating a fictional planet like Pandora. It's amazing how things you have always seen in dreams can come into reality. The artwork, the cinematography, creatures, make-up detail etc. define the very word 'perfection'.

The visuals certainly deserve an Oscar this year and if possible, the movie as well. It was technically outstanding. I loved the soundtrack as well. It gelled properly with the desired scenes.

Frankly, I went with less expectations, but came out dumbstruck. Cameron really deserves all the praise he gets. He really has achieved the pinnacle of movie making. I really hope that he keeps making such ground-breaking movies. It sets the benchmark really high each time for every movie industry.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Many are comparing it with India's first 3D movie 'Chhota Chetan', but 'Avatar' is notches high in technology. - Indiatimes

WTF!!!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Many are comparing it with India's first 3D movie 'Chhota Chetan', but 'Avatar' is notches high in technology. - Indiatimes

WTF!!!
I had seen Chota Chetan (cousin dragged me to it) and it was bull crap. So that name shouldn't feature anywhere near AVATAR, leave alone any comparison.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Am I the only person around who actually liked 2012? I didn't go expecting a technical movie where they show plausible reasons for worldwide cataclysm, so I wasn't at all unhappy at the family-hero storyline. It wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible either. It was pretty well down, IMO, it is getting much more flak than it deserves. Nothing particularly memorable, but definately not a disappointment either.
Have to catch Avatar, will do so in the week.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^I'm at ye'r side. I'll give 2012 8.6/10. But, they made India fail :mad:. These critics talk so much 'bout stories of movies. What're they actually? I mean, for normal people, 2012's and AVATAR's stories are superb. For movie buffs, they expect too much from a movie. James Cameron and Roland Emmerich are humans, right? :D

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
^the purpose of a movie is to make a movie and its scenes seem real.2012 is full of BS where u have to compromise that certain things were shown like that only because "its a movie".loopholes and lack of originality in any movie is the worst thing that a true movie buff would come across

i have not seen avatar but the world created and shown in it is quite believable with almost every scene being made with common sense(this i say trusting my friend's judgment :p)

Top Bottom