Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Watched THE SIMPSON MOVIE again! Gotta love this, one of the funniest movie ever!!! Nonstop LOLing!!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Rocket Singh:Salesman of the year 8/10

One of the best movies of this year.

Well, watched it last night but couldn't get a chance to write about it. I had my eyes on it since its news came in papers that a movie of such a name is going to be released. I made a it in my mind it being a must watch and yesterday I got a chance to watch it.

Its about a new guy in salesman-world, how he handles all those un-realistic goals set by his boss, clients and tackles his ideologies.

Now the movie has very dynamic characters with most witty and cut-throat dialogs ever seen or heard.

Don't go to watch this movie thinking of watching Ranabir giving a very powerful performance. IMO each and every character has given same brilliant performance as anyone.
I liked the character of PC assembler (D Santosh, he has the most witty and realistic dialogs in this movie) and the the operator (anyone who had to interact with a female telephone operator in a day, would find a bit her resembling to his office) and obviously the Boss (Nitin; cruel, opportunist etc.). Its not even the characters, its the script which is the hero or strong point of this movie. Go for the movie only not for any particular person.

Another thing I like is the choice of girl as GF for Ranabir. She is not very beautiful or so-called actress material. She is just another girl-next-door character that u interact everyday but ignore. Yes that is the kind of gal who can be GF of the character Ranbir is playing in this movie. Hats off to whoever did the casting. Not a single character is out-of-place.

If I analyze the movie:-
Acting: Brilliant
Screenplay: Asset of the movie
Directing: Brilliant
Cinematography: Very good, just watch out for the initial scenes when the title rolls and the background chosen for it. Simple but portrays enough.
Editing: One and only weak point of this movie. Could have been much shorter than its current length. A few stretched scenes just spoils its sleek approach.

Recommended to anyone who has even for once related to corporate world.

Rahim

Married!
The Uninvited:
Saw it on the reco of Cyber_Rock and it is nothing but a hollywood remake of The Tale of Two Sisters with changing the script ans screenplay to make it a skin-show ala Hollywood.
Decent movie but I feel like kicking the person whom I listened to :angry:

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
P.S I love you :smile:

A good movie but a bit different from the novel but sure to keep u glued to the chair especially when u/your friend have lost some one near and dear early in their life ..

avatar is in my hit list thanks to my traveling i completely lost track on 2012 :mad::( :(

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Twilight Saga : New Moon - Pop Trash. Perfect example of how to ruin a good fantasy based story to make it sell. For those looking for popcorn munching exercise, this is a good film, for those of us who want something more from it, there are some elements too, but I'd recommend reading the books rather than watching the movies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Black Christmas. Enjoyed this movie. A good slasher flick with hot chicks and good death scenes. Yeah I'm a sucker for these movies. :-D

GigaHeartz

Off the beaten track
It may be somewhat late.. but i watched "Gulaal" for the 1st time
what a fukking brilliant movie.. all characters blew me away esp Rana Sa, Duki Bana and not to mention Madhuri.. The folk songs by the elder Bana were so appropirate for the scenes and add a heavy dose of sattire.A standing salute to Anurag Kashayp for such a mind blowing movie.

Krow

Crowman
It may be somewhat late.. but i watched "Gulaal" for the 1st time
what a fukking brilliant movie.. all characters blew me away esp Rana Sa, Duki Bana and not to mention Madhuri.. The folk songs by the elder Bana were so appropirate for the scenes and add a heavy dose of sattire.A standing salute to Anurag Kashayp for such a mind blowing movie.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84916&page=245

Read from post # 7340 onwards. We are all Gulaal fanboys here. :toast:

ajaybc

Youngling
Avatar coming in 3d to Cochin :):):)
And that too on Dec 18.Usually hollywood movies come here a week or 2 late.:x:(

I cant really express my happiness.I really didn't expect it to be shown here in 3d.
Cameroon,Fox Star and Sridhar Cinemas FTW!!!:D

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^^ ??

Had been to Delhi. Very chilly out there! Watched following movies in train :-D

The Box - Okish. Passable.

Law Abiding Citizen - Watched it for Gerad Butler. Was little like The Wednesday but much exaggerated. Bollywood's was better ;) ... Can be watched as a popcorn movie once.

Inglorious Basterds - I am not a big Tarantino fan. I didn't expect anything great from this one but it turned out to be very good. It has typical QT written all over it. Long shots, closeups, chapters, etc. Mélanie Laurent was cute. Christoph Waltz as Col. Landa was totally awesome! Very impressed by his acting. Probably the best thing of the movie. Watch it only if you can tolerate subtitles as majority of the the movie is in German and French. Else it could become boring!

@ Ethan_Hunt - I am glad atlast someone watched Chasing Amy on this forum! Very few on this forum have watched it :). Its one of my personal favorites.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@ Ethan_Hunt - I am glad atlast someone watched Chasing Amy on this forum! Very few on this forum have watched it :). Its one of my personal favorites.
Even you loved it? Awesome! It was a beautiful movie. I was amazed by Joey Lauren Adams performance. She had so much energy in her role that it over shadowed the remaining people. Banky's character was hilarious. I still repeat the scene where Hooper-T explains about his comic book at comic-con. This line just cracks me up:

Hooper: "You got cracker farm boy Luke Skywalker, Nazi poster boy, blonde hair, blue eyes. And then you got Darth Vader, the blackest brother in the galaxy, Nubian god!"

Banky: "What's a Nubian?"

Hooper: "Shut the f*ck up!"

OMG! That scene was downright hilarious. This was Kevin Smith's finest movies. Like I said, the only 2 things which kept me from giving it a full 10/10 rating was when Jay and Silent Bob step in and the finale which was totally whacked. Else it's a must watch for everyone.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Even you loved it? Awesome! It was a beautiful movie. I was amazed by Joey Lauren Adams performance. She had so much energy in her role that it over shadowed the remaining people.

Yes. Her performance was mesmerizing. But strangely she never featured in the mainstream movies after Chasing Amy. Watched this movie almost 4 years back and is my big fav since then. Its a very offbeat movie on complicated relationship. Found this rare gem when I decided to watch all Kevin Smith movies after Clerks.

I still recall Kevin Smith's line "And all I had to show for it was some foolish pride which then gave way to regret." Loved it back then :)

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^ I'd say movie on complicated relationships. Quite unlike typical Kevin Smith movies. Little comedy but overall serious and intense.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Whats the genre, is it an out an out comedy, Like Hangover (it was awsome BTW)
I wouldn't say it's an out and out comedy, but more of romance and friendship. The comedy part is in the first 45 minutes, after that it takes a romantic shaping and the rest follows. It's very engaging in the first hour and has some extremely awesome characters. Ben Affleck, Joey Adams and Jason Lee have pulled off marvellous performances.

johnvaz87

Right off the assembly line
Must watch moviee... Purani kabar

*i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz301/hearttackertfi/purani_kabar.jpg
*i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz301/hearttackertfi/PK.jpg

LOL..

Top Bottom