Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The Stoneman Murders - A decent suspense flick. Nice representation of Bombay in the 80s. Couple of good songs too.

Some B-graders which I enjoyed:

The man from earth
Sublime
All the boys love Mandy Lane
The Hamiltons
Eden Lake (Not sure its a B-grader)
Pathology
Dead Silence
Not to forget Mithuda movies.

There are many more but as of now I recall only the above mentioned.

ajayritik

Technomancer
I had asked this question earlier as well I apologize since I didn't find any answers for it. Wanted to check if there is any site which has the list of English movies DVD released and forthcoming DVD releases? I saw something similar in the imdb site.

rajhot

S60 rocks
I had asked this question earlier as well I apologize since I didn't find any answers for it. Wanted to check if there is any site which has the list of English movies DVD released and forthcoming DVD releases? I saw something similar in the imdb site.

Yeah..u can get all those details in IMDB

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Punisher: Warzone - 8/10. Solid non-stop action. If anyone has seen the first movie, is that as hardcore as this one is? OR passable?

Punisher: Warzone - 8/10. Solid non-stop action. If anyone has seen the first movie, is that as hardcore as this one is? OR passable?

As far as I remember it had more of the story stuff of Frank Castle becoming The Punisher but I don't think it had killings and stuff in the way like this one.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I haven't read a single Punisher comic, so would have no clue about it. I hadn't seen the original Punisher but they say that this version is more accurate to the comic storyline. For eg: Frank's family being killed on a picnic trip is depicted accurately in this movie as opposed to the original Punisher. The violence, I suppose, was to cater to a larger action freaks out there (like me :grin:).

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I've seen first Punisher and I didn't like it. Not much action and the heroism was not shown properly.

I even played the Punisher game, it was pretty lame and I had to save IronMan suite getting theft from stark lab:grin:

Just to make sure ,the first punisher movie wasn't the one that came out in 2004 but sometime in 1989(I think)it had Ralph Lundgren, saw about 15 mins of it on Sony Pix once ,it seemed to be a lame movie.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Phoonk 6/10

Theme: Voodooism

Alright, I didn't like many a thing about this movie. Though its of only 107 minutes it seemed very long...very long.
Till 80 minutes I thought its gonna b another waste of time, but after that it somewhat compensated my expectation.

Now, my list of whys (I know, there's none to answer our whys but I have to ask)
1>Why do u still copy exorcist? KYOUN??? Don't u guys c any other horror movies (As Raaz2 copied Ring this time, plz bahut hua)
2>Why do u focus on a doll after concluding each scene? At first it adds some cinematic quotients but later it gets repetitive. Does focusing on doll makes an eerie atmosphere?
3>The driver was shown as pervert, how does it affect in the movie screenpaly?
4>Only two people in the hous get nightmare (our hero and his maid), none else ever gets scared. Choosy ghost or any najayaz sambandh between them:grin: :rolleyes:
5>U show a grandma, she's old but why does she has to shake her head (like its gonna fall off any moment) all the time just for the sake of proving she's acting an old lady?
6>Dat old lady (Dadi) always writes something...what is she writing? If you waste ur screentime to depict something, it should mean something.
7>Ghatia, cheap, bakwas climax. With cheap special effects (these movies are redefining the term "The great Indian Rope Trick" )
8>(one make-up related) According to the movie the kind of trauma the little gal had to go, she should have dark circles (jo ki nahi tha, aur mujhe lagta hai ki hona chahiye tha), only dry lips were shown to show that she's sick.

(ok, mera bahut jhant jala hai yeh movie dekhke, ek to waste of bandwidth, then audio was out of sync, I had to waste another 15-20 minutes syncing the sound, pura mere dimag ki dahi kar dala saale ne) *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/3.png

Airplane-funny but not that great.

Bangkok Dangerous-violence is the only saving grace of this lame movie.

Goodfellas-absolutely great,fantastic acting and not a single boring moment with great background score.

Rebecca(1940)-great movie

Top Bottom