Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Pathik

Google Bot
SHUTTER (Korean) - 6/10 : Decent horror movie!!! Nothing great!

THE SHINING - 9/10 : Excellent horror movie!! Very creepy!!! But there were a few cheesy parts in between (REDRUM part and Zoomin camera ), and that's why I'm reducing one point!! It's really really good otherwise !!
Spoiler Alert! - Select text below to see.

The best scene (IMO) is the one where the wife finds out that he has been writing just "All work and no play make Jack a dull boy" and he comes out in front of her. The horror music just peaked at that point.

Last edited:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
THe best scene (IMO) is the one where the wife finds out that he has been writing just "All work and no play make Jack a dull boy" and he comes out in front of her. The horror music just peaked at that point.

SPOILER ALERT will be appreciated!!!

Btw, I agree.....chilling scene that was!!!
Here's the Original Picture on which the Twins were based!!!

Here's another link to scare you more:: *jonnys53.blogspot.com/2007/06/what-you-may-or-may-not-have-seen.html

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
THe best scene (IMO) is the one where the wife finds out that he has been writing just "All work and no play make Jack a dull boy" and he comes out in front of her. The horror music just peaked at that point.

SPOILER ALERT will be appreciated!!!

Btw, I agree.....chilling scene that was!!!
Here's the Original Picture on which the Twins were based!!!

Here's another link to scare you more:: *jonnys53.blogspot.com/2007/06/what-you-may-or-may-not-have-seen.html

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Running Scared 8/10

Awesome!!!
High paced thriller, brilliant but a bit drags at the end...and too many things "just" happens at the end.

All over, brilliant screenplay and full time pass.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@eggman, dude........dat was a gr8 find.

That guy is Kubrick worshiper.
He has done Phd on "The Shining", Call him Dr. Shining.
So many things are related to this movie, American history, human psychology, numerology, end of world etc....

Ufffff.............

Thom_Yorke

Right off the assembly line

So many things are related to this movie, American history, human psychology, numerology, end of world etc....

Ufffff.............

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::)):)):)):)):-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!

Ufffff.............

Bhai, humne to khali ek link diya!!!Pasand nahi aaya kya?:))

eggman Stanley dada ka bahut bada pankhaaa hai :D
You Bet!! :)

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Bhai, humne to khali ek link diya!!!Pasand nahi aaya kya?:))
That "@"-wala line only for u, rest is dedicated to that gr8 soul.

Maine half of the page pura padha, then saw d scroll bar!!! Sh1t, he's wrote a whole 80-100 page book on the film only.

"The Shining"="End of World" message from Kubrick, shayad Kubrick ne bhi aisa nehi socha tha banane se pehele.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Please Someone Pay Attention Here :--

Watched the Twilight movie....a nice recommendation though.

Any one can point out which is the song played when the girl leave the home & plane take off from the runway ? and it keep played in background until she reach to her Dad' home.

The song start playing at 1:47min & end 2:14 min in movie runtime(after that keep played up to 3.36min in background).

Here is the sound track list *www.imdb.com/title/tt1099212/soundtrack from IMDB.

I played 100 times that part but can't figure out the song....the song is ****ing awesome to me.....I want to hear the full song.

Please any one point out, it will be very helpful to me.
Thanks in advance.........

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Glad you liked the movie. It was beautifully put together. Anyway the song you're looking for is "Full Moon" performed by The Black Ghosts. This is right in beginning when Bella leaves to stay with her dad right?

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Glad you liked the movie. It was beautifully put together. Anyway the song you're looking for is "Full Moon" performed by The Black Ghosts. This is right in beginning when Bella leaves to stay with her dad right?

My fav Twilight songs are

Eyes On Fire - When Bella is waiting for Edwards in college and he doesn't turn up.

15 Step - Radiohead song at the beginning of the end credits. Not featured in the official soundtrack though.

Supermassive Black Hole- Muse song at the time of baseball match.

I Caught Myself - During buying prom dresses.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Is Twilight a good flick??
It's rated very low in IMDB and holds only 49% on RT!!!

On to the topic:

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead - 8.5/10: This is an awesomely entertaining and thrilling flick about a jewelery store robbery !! The film isn't linear,goes back and forth in Time revealing events related to the jewelery and providing little twists constantly!! Very enjoyable flick !!!MUST WATCH!

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^^ Nice background score too @ ..Devil...

M halfway through 13B and m enjoying it. Hope the second half ain't boring.

Top Bottom