Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Can anyone tell me names of movies in which the background is US but the actors are Indian.. Something like Bend It Like Beckham, Balle balle Amritsar to L.A., Flavors, Outsourced, Pardes, Aa Ab Laut Chalen, .... ones which have NRIs in it.. I kinda have a Fetish for these films... and fetishes dont show much reason. :D
Bollywood Hollywood.
^^just watch "The Namesake" jai...

and T159 whats the quote in Groundhog day ? I have seen the film ..superb..but i cudnt understand why the day was repeating ???? is it some fiction ?
La fille que j'aimera
Sera comme bon vin
Qui se bonifiera
Un peu chaque matin

The girl I will love / is like a fine wine / that gets a little better / every
morning.

I havent twisted my brain while watching this movie. It was just a simple comedy for me with some message to set things right.

slugger

Banned
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Peter Sellers rocks 9/10

Can anyone tell me names of movies in which the background is US but the actors are Indian.. Something like Bend It Like Beckham, Balle balle Amritsar to L.A., Flavors, Outsourced, Pardes, Aa Ab Laut Chalen, .... ones which have NRIs in it.. I kinda have a Fetish for these films... and fetishes dont show much reason. :D

blind dating

a_medico

Chillum Baba

Looking for Comedy in the Muslim World just for your fetish ;)

Guru

Flavors was good. Outsourced was funny in parts.

Which was that MTV movie? It was on AIDS with actors from different countries. Was featured on MTV few years back.

P.S. Drona sucks big time!

jal_desai

In the zone
^^just watch "The Namesake" jai...

it is jaL and not jaI... i have told this to so many times here yaar *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/102.gif *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/20.gif

but thanks for suggestion.. :)

t159, a_medico, slugger thnks for suggestion..

Last edited:

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
ok JaL ..the l seems to be i in the forum :) ..and ya T159 I thought the famous quote u r talking abt is this one "World is ruled by three Ws ..the cause of all wars Wealth,women and wine :D "

SPOILER WARNING for Groundhog Day

I think that since Phill was hating GH day so much..God decided to play it again and again till he realises the beauty of each thing in his life .....and when he starts doing that....God plays the next day :)

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
^^yaar main to nahin dekhunga..mujhe darr lagta hai :D ..meri to 1408 dekh ke hee watt lag gayi thi ....Quarantine is being released here in US on Oct 10 ...

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
HOTAL RWANDA *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/41.gif 10/10..

(i had tears watching this . *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/32.gif)

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Schindler's list ----> 10/10 ...

I have seen so many WWII films but its the best..I love WWII history and films like The Pianist,Enemy at the Gates etc

Though the movie is slow,I cherished every moment of the movie.
At the end I was crying :cry:

Hats off to Steven Spielberg and Liam Neeson...Do must watch if u love WWII history ...

SPOILER TRIVIA :The film is a true story ........Oskar Schindler is buried at the Catholic cemetery at Mount Zion in Jerusalem, the only member of the Nazi party to be so honored

Deaths of Ian Stone a very good movie.
100 Feet good movie.
SkyBoys watchable.
Mirrors a watchable movie but Sutherland has to stop acting like he is in 24 :) and the movie could have done with some good dialogues and acting from the supporting cast.

go4saket

Bhai log, koi movie ko to chod do... Every good as well as crap movie is mentioned here... This is soon going to be another IMDB... I guess this thread was started to list good movies but then why are people adding **** pot movies... Is it just to mention one...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
A Wednesday (Bollywood) - Wow this one is one of the best this year. But music and cinematography sucks. Acting by the both leads was simply awesome. Our system is flawed and we are drugged by the routine, thats what it tried to prove. From where the bad came ? Isn't it the other side of coin ?

Arumdabda [Beautiful] (Hancinema)- Certainly not an entertainment flick. I wasn't able to sleep whole night, was just pondering over that who was the good person in the movie ? Watch it if you like Kim Ki Duk scripts, but it wasnt directed by him. Lasty I can say that I found who was the good person in this movie but he too was a lot influenced and incoherent in his decisions, mediocre but honest decisions had some serious repercussions.

I Am Not Scared (Italian) - Some childhood memories are not just as white as we say. A look into the bad side. A child coming out of his childhood and some moral dilemma which can make him Guardian Angel of someone.

R2K

In the Zone
DIE HARD 4

superb movie.................

but is it ever possible to control the world using a computer....sure it is out of logic

and program which can activate a bomb inside CPU......( those computer geeks(hackers) were blownup by a bomb planted inside the PC.......i mean if those ppl were real geeks they would have opened the CPU case for atleast one time.......and noticed those bombs inside them......made me think twice after watching this flick.......

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
DIE HARD 4
but is it ever possible to control the world using a computer....sure it is out of logic
you should hav seen that there was one point where they have to manually unlock the thing.

Out of logic was the plane fighting scene and the heli blown up by car...lolz
Movie was just OK. Not anything spectacular.

Top Bottom