Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
^^He he!!! Can't help, the film thrills you so much!!!

GROUNDHOG DAY - A light hearted entertainer in which the main character gets stuck in one day!!! Everyday is the same day for him, until he....aah...just watch it!! 8/10

red_devil

Back!
United 93 ... 7/10

Borat ... 8/10 :D

10things I hate about you ... watch it if you have no other work to do..just another timepass movie ;) 6/10

next up Felon and Groundhog Day :D

Last edited:

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Yeah, it is dark!! No doubt....and coming from 1971 it would've been much darker for that auidence, that's why it got X Rating!!
As for why I liked it
1)Awesome background score
2)Awesome acting by Malcolm McDowell(Alex), (one of ) the best villan I have seen!!
3)Awesome story, not only entertaining but also thought provoking
4)Underlying themes, awesome!!!
8646) Awesome cinemaphotography
'
I'm not a Kubrik fan or anything, but I liked it so much that I am starting to adore him!!

I have become total fan of eggman now :p..I had just watched that movie with full concentration...amazzing storyline,acting,background music and everything...

Concentration n mood is a total must for watching any movie ..
You cant just beleive I deleted this film first time after seeing for 45 mins but on the strong recommendation of egg..I dloaded it again :D

Very thought provoking movie...It seems like background music is still playing in my mind

10/10 ........

eggman it seems... we r gng to dark side of life..liking dark films ;) like 13 Tzameti and now CW ..more coming ...

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Noriko's dinner table- One total brainf*** Japanese movie! Something like a cross between David Lynch and Fight Club and don't worry, thats not a spoiler. Will only recommend it to the selected members who watch asian movies. This one wouldn't appeal to all.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Welcome to Sajjanpur - 8/10...So simple yet beautiful movie...Conveys powerful message that still in rural India widow remarriage,manglik girl ,eunuch standing in elections are still considered inauspicious....Gud acting by Shreyas and gud support by Amrita Rao...and ya funny mausi Ila Arun is :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Groundhog Day has one memorable quote thats every man want to say once in a lifetime :p Its about women and wine :D

Looks like I got david lynch hybrid

I heard its slooooooooooooooooow!!!
Major Visual Spoiler to spice up the movie:
*i81.photobucket.com/albums/j203/moxieYcholula/cookies.jpg

Last edited:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
^^Thanks!! Can't wait for Jack Nicolson to fill up my screen!! :)

UNFORGIVEN(1992)- Must watch for western lovers.Quite different from Sergio Leone type of Western however. this one is directed by Client Eastwood himself. . :) 9/10

Last edited:

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Welcome to Sajjanpur - 8/10...So simple yet beautiful movie...Conveys powerful message that still in rural India widow remarriage,manglik girl ,eunuch standing in elections are still considered inauspicious....Gud acting by Shreyas and gud support by Amrita Rao...and ya funny mausi Ila Arun is :D

yep good movie.. :)

red_devil

Back!
Finally watched Italian Job yesterday !! Really good movie...
the cars they used looks to be the inspiration for the Maruti Swift !! :p

and @jojothedragon .... 3/10 crap movie ?? then you should be posting it in the other movie thread, the "must not watch movies" thread.

You guys should watch BEYOND ENEMY LINES 8/10. This movie is about a navy pilot who learns to survive after a plane crash and also saves the nation.

jal_desai

In the zone
Can anyone tell me names of movies in which the background is US but the actors are Indian.. Something like Bend It Like Beckham, Balle balle Amritsar to L.A., Flavors, Outsourced, Pardes, Aa Ab Laut Chalen, .... ones which have NRIs in it.. I kinda have a Fetish for these films... and fetishes dont show much reason. :D

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
^^just watch "The Namesake" jai...

and T159 whats the quote in Groundhog day ? I have seen the film ..superb..but i cudnt understand why the day was repeating ???? is it some fiction ?

Top Bottom