Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
singh is kinng - 7\10.

it ISN'T half-bad.Nice comedy and an even better OST and no story to work your brain at---->total timepass.And a lil bit of katrina kaif doesn't hurt much,does it?

and please don't leave your seats before the end credits are over,you get to see snoop dogg wearing ****ing turban and all,and need I say he looks like a complete ass?The movie is worth watching just for the end credits,:p.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Omigawd just coz snoop dawgg TDH stooped so much !
Please, listen to some good songs there are plenty of'em

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Sing Is King....5/10....
A few jokes here and there!!! But that's it. Full of cliches and stupid jokes!!!Not worthy to watch in a theater!!!!Even if it was a 'timepass' move.....time didn't pass quite fast!!!

slugger

Banned
Dangerous minds - 7.5/10

In Bruges - 7/10

nice muvees to watch on the eve of Indie day :) [no relation...I just watched today]

a_medico

Chillum Baba
T159 said:
Long time no see !

For a change, was busy not watching movies :)

Singh is kinng - Trying to finish it in parts. Its hard to digest exaggerated physical movements with exaggerated expressions labelled as humor! I don't know. Maybe I will change my opinion after I watch the whole movie.

My Sassy Girl- The english version. Just wanted to compare it with Ugly Aur Pagli. But it turned out to be not too bad! The actress is good. Movie is good but our natural tendency is to compare it with the original. Original was way too good. Ugly Aur Pagli was a bad remake. We try to copy each and every scene of a foriegn language movie and then we try to indianise them. And we fail miserably. Indian cinema has a long way to go!

Next on the list:

Transsiberian
The 9th Company (Russian)

jal_desai

In the zone
Honey (2003) - 6.5/10

can anyone suggest some foreign language good films.. i m feeling a little bored with english ones... i have also seen some good korean films mentioned earlier in this thread.. can i have some french, spanish, arabic stuff.... i can do with subtitles...

one very good Arabic film i wud like to recommend is - Children of Heaven

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Its vivid despite the plot. Beautiful movie, but main protagonist was kinda selfish at one crucial point.

Some more from my stash, prolly some controversial too:

• 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days
  • 9 Pota
  • 101 Reykjavik
  • Amelie
  • A Very Long Engagement
  • Banlieue 13
  • Borat
  • Das Boot
  • Der Untergang
  • Irreversible
  • La Pianiste
  • Ma Mere
  • Malena
  • Pan’s Labyrinth
  • Perfect blue
  • The Machinist
  • The Most Distant Course
  • The Story of Xiaoyan

goobimama

 Macboy
one very good Arabic film i wud like to recommend is - Children of Heaven
You cannot go through that movie without producing a bucket full of tears. Seriously, the saddest (in a good way) movie I have ever seen. 5/5.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
9 Pota (In russian R = P :D ) So 9 Rota - Good movie. Agree with T159's views on it. Can imagine how difficult it would be to fight the 'ghosts' in their own terrain.

Will be watching Diving Bell and the Butterfly by recommendation. Seems simillar to The Sea Inside(Mar Adentro).

ajaybc said:
I saw Trainspotting today by the recommendation of one of my frnds who said i was a must watch movie.I dint like it at all and stopped at half way.Lots of scenes with heroine injections and all.

Try watching it with subtitles. The scottish accent is difficult to comprehend even for the english people. Even I had similar experience when I watched it few years back. But liked it when I watched again with subtitles.

jal_desai

In the zone
^^Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Its vivid despite the plot. Beautiful movie, but main protagonist was kinda selfish at one crucial point.

Some more from my stash, prolly some controversial too:

• 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days
  • 9 Pota
  • 101 Reykjavik
  • Amelie
  • A Very Long Engagement
  • Banlieue 13
  • Borat
  • Das Boot
  • Der Untergang
  • Irreversible
  • La Pianiste
  • Ma Mere
  • Malena
  • Pan’s Labyrinth
  • Perfect blue
  • The Machinist
  • The Most Distant Course
  • The Story of Xiaoyan

yo great... thnks man

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
American History X- 9/10. Powerful film. And an amazing performance by Edward Norton. Probably the best of his career.

For A Few Dollars More- 9/10.If not better , it's as good as The Good The Bad and The Ugly.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
^^Omigawd Hellboy 2 released !
It's been a month already!!!

Definitely Maybe-6.5/10. A typical hollywood love story of a man in love with three women at differnent times. High on entertainment factor!!!!But Nothing memorable.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^lately I was out of movie room *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/94.png

Top Bottom