Wanted 9/10
Taken :8/10
Stuck: 8/10
Transeberian : 9/10

all movies must watch ! Wanted was amazingly actionite :D

Who

Guess Who's Back
^^yeah its one of the short stories in Three... Extremes

I usually don't feel puking in any gore movie now. Box was the best, then Cut and then Dumplings (may be story left me with wanting for moar) among the three short stories.

Well i agree Box was the best , it really twisted your brain , i watched 5-6 times to understand what was really going on then but i couldn't then i went to IMDB boards & for the 7th when i watched Box i kept a smiple mind & didn't think about complex stuff & story was kinda clear to me , anyway i watched 3 extremes a year ago at that time i thought it was really a Scary movie.

BUT then i watched SALO , oh man that is one movie i should have never watched , it's really Unfilmable , i mean after watching SALO i couldn't sleep for 2-3 days , i couldn't even eat proparly & after SALO all those horror & tourture movies became laugable , after watching SALO , just to forget that movie i watched so many comedy films & read few books but till this day i can't compeletly forget it maybe because the whole film is based on FACTS , those Fascist how can they do this , SALO is one movie i advise you to avoid because once you watch it , i am sure no movies will ever be able to scare you , it shows how some humans have so twisted minds.

Anyway Salo was one movie that should have never been made but it's the only movie that shows there are humans out there who can do something as bad as this.

Pathik

Google Bot
man what a movie u made me remember.......I discuessed this movie fairly in details in my following posts in this thread...

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84916&highlight=no+country+for+old+men&page=87
Absolutely man. The ending was boring and the protagonist was knocked off without even showing the fight.

ajaybc

Youngling
National treasure(2004): 8.5/10 : Great fun adventure movie vastly underrated by the imdbians.

Now have to GET the second movie National Treasure book of secrets.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@rahim & @TDH
Love Phobia (Korean) - Defines what a true love is, avoids the typical cliches in rom-com, end was more than satisfying. Chemistry between both leads was awesome. Story takes a deep turn at the end, quite unpredictable but not for those who like melodrama. A nice movie to instill some goodness around you with your loved ones.

Eraserhead
(Hollywood) - David Lynch’s cult classic. Its not a movie but a torturous experience of a man who indulge into various acts without even will. Turn out to be a bad consequences when you do something you aren’t willing to and world takes away everything you wanted to with a insulting smile on face. May be those who don’t like non-entertainment movies shouldn’t touch this one as it stirs a number of emotions, something you will never forget and something you will try to arrange bit by bit. But a must watch for David Lynch’s fan, this is where The Elephant Man came from.

Hinokio
(Japanese) - I don’t usually watch animated or movies related to robots. As they all turn out to be nothing more than some silly robot making frens and some other events of sadness and in the end a happy ending. BUT this movie is not like typical ones, indeed you care for every characters. There is an element of virtual reality. A boy who can no longer walk, interacts with the outside world through a robot “Hinokio”. There is one little surprise about Jun (one of the friends), its kinda cute and you will come to know in a amusing way. There are no antagonists in this movie, may be if you can pardon a wannabe le**o gal who is envy of someone in this movie. Who is that someone will be another surprise I left for you to discover as movie rolls.

@Smit
Yep I heard about SALO, looks like I will watch it . Thanks for reminding.
Box was indeed beautiful and haunting. I didn't get scared but there was something that disturbed me. One more stab in morale.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
I didnt even know chaplin made full feature films that too few in talkie......untill I stumbled upon The Great Dictator on UTV's WM channel. That made me rethink what chaplin was, and then when I dug his work......... and watched his last few movies. I realised how great an actor he was. He still manages to hold that cutting sense of humour with absolutely amazing talent on how to put sarcasm on screen, given the fact the movies were made in 1940!. I'd still say giv it a try. Any serious movie buff, with some serious seriousness in hollywood got to to have/see Chapin Collection.

Thanks, i'm gonna try watch "The Great Dictator".Where did u get the DVD's(no e-tail)?;not available in my city,i think.

lol I know how it feels. I had the same feeling with "Fanah"....I know few people would defend but I dont know for me fanah was a torchure, it was sooooo monotonous and mundane, I cant tell you. Its one of the poorest movie for me.

But I dont agree that our industry is loosing touch, there still are creative people out there who can bring some splendid work like Khosala ka ghosala and Bheja Fry on screen. People like Nagesh kuknoor and Madhukar Bhandarkar have brough some very original concepts on screen......last but not the least out good old Aamir Khan gave us an amazingly beautifull movie Taare zameen par....so despite of the usual crap and scrap I think our industry is moving in the right direction.........

AFAIK, Fanaa wasn't a rip-off. But, u should be knowing that Bheja Fry & Dor were rip-offs and not original concepts(I liked both of them, though). Nowadays, the directors and scriptwriters are going more international and copying from lesser known or non-english movies, so yeah maybe the right direction.

Last edited:

ajaybc

Youngling
The Butterfly Effect : 8/10 : Great concept and good story.Acting was horrible though.
Thanks for suggesting it to whoever who suggested it.:)

Rahim

Married!
Well i agree Box was the best , it really twisted your brain , i watched 5-6 times to understand what was really going on then but i couldn't then i went to IMDB boards & for the 7th when i watched Box i kept a smiple mind & didn't think about complex stuff & story was kinda clear to me , anyway i watched 3 extremes a year ago at that time i thought it was really a Scary movie.

BUT then i watched SALO , oh man that is one movie i should have never watched , it's really Unfilmable , i mean after watching SALO i couldn't sleep for 2-3 days , i couldn't even eat proparly & after SALO all those horror & tourture movies became laugable , after watching SALO , just to forget that movie i watched so many comedy films & read few books but till this day i can't compeletly forget it maybe because the whole film is based on FACTS , those Fascist how can they do this , SALO is one movie i advise you to avoid because once you watch it , i am sure no movies will ever be able to scare you , it shows how some humans have so twisted minds.

Anyway Salo was one movie that should have never been made but it's the only movie that shows there are humans out there who can do something as bad as this.
SALO is full of symbolism and cant be taken of face value. You must read them on imdb otherwise it will look like a disgusting one.
Dont tell me that torture scenes made you vomit :D

@T159: Nice review of Erasehead ,though different from my interpretations (Lynch wanted that way, isnt it :) )

Top Bottom