Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Focus 6/10

Known premise but in a con movie the you wait for the con to happen and how smoothly it happens.
So, you that plenty in this movie.

Twists are good but predictable in way that you know what would happen in the end.

One time watch.

b/w the girl overacts and takes overacting to a new level.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^sure. These are valid criticisms, but the movie was perfect in the sense it achieved every single thing it tried to do. The back story being sparse was a deliberate aesthetic choice, so was the "plot". But, the movie never fell short of what it set out to do.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Aloha (2015) - 10/10

Plot Summary:
A celebrated military contractor returns to the site of his greatest career triumphs and reconnects with a long-ago love while unexpectedly falling for the hard-charging Air Force watch-dog assigned to him.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Baby - Crap movie. It's like the director has gone worse. **** cinematography and special effects. Obnoxious music with no coherency. Comical scenes. I wonder why the high ratings on imdb ?

quan chi

mortal kombat
Baby - Crap movie. It's like the director has gone worse. **** cinematography and special effects. Obnoxious music with no coherency. Comical scenes. I wonder why the high ratings on imdb ?

I agree with you. Well I would not say crap but its just an average movie. I also don't understand why this movie is so overrated. There were so many cliche & none of the scenes were that much thrilling.

Mystic river
Well it would be my first clint eastwood movie. Overall the movie is good & more of a drama than mystery.

Last edited:

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Do you mean the akshay Kumar movie?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I bet the high rating is because people were expecting something like Heyy Babyy or Entertainment and it wasn't sooo bad
Also Special 26 had much of the same crew and set up, so this was kind of like a spiritual sequel. Remember theater was screaming every time Rana came on screen, and got ecstatic when that chick kicked ass before AK could help her. But watched in south India, so expectations were low.

quan chi

mortal kombat
I bet the high rating is because people were expecting something like Heyy Babyy or Entertainment and it wasn't sooo bad
Also Special 26 had much of the same crew and set up, so this was kind of like a spiritual sequel. Remember theater was screaming every time Rana came on screen, and got ecstatic when that chick kicked ass before AK could help her. But watched in south India, so expectations were low.

special 26 has an idiotic climax. This director's almost every movie is overrated.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
For those who have watched Drishyam.

I felt throughout the movie that the lead actress Shriya Saran voice was given by Genelia D'souza. Was it really the case? :?

Top Bottom