Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Terminator Genisys.

Saw it finally and I would sum up my experience somewhere between luke-warm to meh.

Emilia Clarke does not make a very convincing Sarah Connor as you can tell from her very apparent fake American accent.

As for the story from what I understand is that some of it would not make sense if you didn't watch "The Sarah Connor chronicles" television series (I didn't). That could explain some of the movie's background and alternate timeline. The story also has a plot hole that does not explain the existence of the T800 in that timeline, which was just just dismissed sent by someone unknown (possibly setting up for a sequel), those circumstances and that mysterious figure are not mentioned again. It seems like that they are forcing the existence of the T800 to put Arnold in the movie. The action scenes are a huge CGI clusterf**k but still nothing groundbreaking, in other words, it does not impress.

The music is the most un-Terminator music ever. It does absolutely nothing to set the atmosphere as one would come to expect from a Terminator movie. The original Terminator "dada da dada" are thrown in randomly in a few key scenes but the original, classic Terminator score is missing (probably didn't get license to use it?).

I believe that they could have done this better. There is nothing memorable about this movie. Plot holes, boring music and unimpressive action sequences leave us expecting more.

All that being said, I rate it 5/10 - One Time Watch.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
You make a Terminator Squeal and not expect to be compared with the original or other subsequent sequels for that matter.....

Does it squeal like a pig ?

I believe that "Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi" was much better than "Terminator Salvation" if you consider the entertainment factor.

ashs1

Padawan
Papanasam : 9/10
(Desperate measures are taken by a man who tries to save his family from the dark side of the law, after they commit an unexpected crime. )

its a remake of the highly successful malayalam movie Drishyam. Anyone who has watched drishyam can immediately recognize the similarities. It is remade almost frame to frame with minimal changes.
Kamal hassan plays the mohanlal role, while gauthami plays the meena role.
The casting is good as all actors performed brilliantly.
Kamal hassan potrays a more emotional character as opposed to the cold emotioned mohanlal. In my opinion, this is what favours me more towards papanasam than drishyam. The background score is consistent as well.

Definitely must watch !!!!

P.S : The final moments of the movie where kamal hassan's character gets emotional is an example of how legendary he is.. Such is the power of kamal hassan. :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
OMG, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi has 80% fresh rating on rotten tomato. One of the best movies, and I thought of it as a guilty pleasure.

*www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10010335-rab_ne_bana_di_jodi/

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
OMG, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi has 80% fresh rating on rotten tomato. One of the best movies, and I thought of it as a guilty pleasure.

*www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10010335-rab_ne_bana_di_jodi/

I know a friend of mine, who loved this movie so much that he watched it almost every days for weeks. (Mostly).
In few months, he was married.

Not that there is any connection b/w them. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Back to the Future have 96% :shock:
I never took Rotten Tomatoes seriously. I guess I should!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I know a friend of mine, who loved this movie so much that he watched it almost every days for weeks. (Mostly).
In few months, he was married.

Not that there is any connection b/w them. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Back to the Future have 96% :shock:
I never took Rotten Tomatoes seriously. I guess I should!

Rotten tomatoes is better than imdb on most occasions.

It will get boring to watch same movie everyday. Maybe once a month is good.

He was getting married, that could be the reason.

Top Bottom