Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

quan chi

mortal kombat
Edge of tomorrow
2nd time.
Love it hate it but its really one the biggest summer blockbusters.

- - - Updated - - -

Lucky number slevin
If you like the usual suspects kind of movie this is for you.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Jurassic World
Only watch it if you want to relive the memories of the original 90's hit. Otherwise this movie is full of cliches & easily predictable plots. Almost average to below average dialogues & okay screenplay. Watch it when it releases for home viewing.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Miracle in Cell No. 7 (2013) - 9.5/10

*fims.kofic.or.kr/common/mast/movie/2013/01/b9afa6d3633a4d4abc26a83906ca12cd.jpg

:cry: :cry: Never cried so much after watching such an emotional and heart touching movie
goes to my top 10 lists of heart touching movies...
simply superb :-D

nac

Aspiring Novelist
OMG, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi has 80% fresh rating on rotten tomato. One of the best movies, and I thought of it as a guilty pleasure.
*www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10010335-rab_ne_bana_di_jodi/
I like mushy mushy films and I kinda like this movie too. I have watched it few times and I see some similarities to Mani Ratnam's "Mouna Raagam".

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
No one watched Baahubali?

Bahubali (Telugu) 8/10
Just back after watching the Matinee show. I went with low expectation and was proved wrong. was expecting a LOTR knockoff but, its minimal. Happy see such movies are atleast attempted. its well executed and I didn't get bored for a bit. I did get lot of goosebumps :p . One scene was a waste and had horrible VFX. Sathyaraj was the surprise of the lot and caught me off gaurd he is brilliant actor, I had hated his acting all this time. Would recommend to watch in Hindi if you don't understand Telugu :)p)

Waiting for The Conclusion next year.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Jurassic World... 5/10

I wish in the end it was written as "Directed by Steven Spielberg" .. but since it was not.. not recommended viewing in theater if you have seen Jurassic Park or even Lost world as you will get your expectation ruined. Better to wait for home video release.

Last edited:

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bahubali (Telugu) 8/10
Just back after watching the Matinee show. I went with low expectation and was proved wrong. was expecting a LOTR knockoff but, its minimal. Happy see such movies are atleast attempted. its well executed and I didn't get bored for a bit. I did get lot of goosebumps :p . One scene was a waste and had horrible VFX. Sathyaraj was the surprise of the lot and caught me off gaurd he is brilliant actor, I had hated his acting all this time. Would recommend to watch in Hindi if you don't understand Telugu :)p)

I had watched on Friday itself. :p I exactly echo your thoughts on this. I came out completely satisfied.

But now the critique...

Thought they could easily cut the movie to half. First half was totally unnecessary. Plot wise they should have gone for one movie. Dunno why they have gone for two movies. I guess only to inrease the scale of things to grand.

But yes, this is a completely new level for Indian cinema.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Tanu weds manu
From start to finish I enjoyed this movie honestly. Therefore I cannot judge if it is good or bad. I would say it was at least entertaining.

vito scalleta

In the zone
Bahubali (Telugu) 8/10

I really couldnt stand Tamannah's acting though..she almost ruined the movie for me.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Under the Skin 7/10. I thought its one of the better movies I've seen in these last few months.
I liked the overall atmosphere in the movie.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Mad Max :Fury Road - 8/10

Mosayile Kuthira Meenukal - 8/10 .
An unusual friendship between two escaped convicts is formed during a cat and mouse chase, which leads them to the beautiful islands of Lakshadweep.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Bheetu 8/10

Well, IMDB has this as plot synopsis

An intense Bengali psycho drama which weaves a story around two women (sisters), whose inter-personal relationship and their whole outlook towards life have been shaped by their experiences while growing up.

I'll say concentrate more on "An intense Bengali psycho drama" and totally ignore the rest.

Trust me, I seldom recommend bad movies here. Watch this you won't be disappointed.

For a Bengali movie this is a height that people would seldom achieve even in near future. Unsettling, uneasy and awesome. It succeeds in achieving exactly what it wanted to do.

A tighter editing would make it just perfect. Still without undermining its efforts a solid 8/10 from me.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I - 2015 (7.5/10)
This movie is equivalent to a superhero movie
though Shankar's movie are fun to watch.

but its 3hrs long :-x

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Its good entertaining...With a titanium body and a child's mind,

Chappie (2015) 7.5/10
R | 120 min | Action, Crime, Sci-Fi | 6 March 2015 (USA)

Well, its just entertaining, I felt like watching some Indian movie with good VFX .
Btw, it was not like child's mind, it was like it was evolving, like for what we learn in 1 year, it was doing it every hour.

It has lots of flaws and Hugh Jackman was completely wasted.

And btw, how come a Neuro Helment works with ROBOT brain which is not at all similar to human brain terms of physical characteristics... the concept was like.. CAR and a four wheeled Lawn mower are same because both have 4 wheels.. :p

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
An ex cop and his ex partner decide to follow up on investigation of a series of murders that ended their careers and shamed them, when identical murders begin again.

Black Coal, Thin Ice (2014) 7.5/10
"Bai ri yan huo" (original title)
110 min | Crime, Drama, Mystery | 21 March 2014 (China)

Any resembles with Seven(1995- Morgan freeman and Brad pitt) ?

Top Bottom