Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

nac

Aspiring Novelist
St. Vincent - 3/5

Funny and emotional drama and felt nice watching it. I am not a fan of Bill, but in this movie I liked him.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So I happen to watch Terminator Genesys finally today. (Better late than never, they say). And counting me there were just 10 people watching. So it was a good experience, with no one to disturb. :p

Lot have already been said by sam9s and Desmond, and I agree on those views. Its sad to see a masterpiece being shattered like this. Yes the characters didn't do any justice. Sarah corner was nothing like the original. Was alternate timeline supposed to totally change Sarah? I understand that they can't bring back the original characters back, but they changed freaking Sarah. Emilia doesn't even come close to the original Sarah. Kyle didn't even have the same haircut as original guy. I mean come on... they could have atleast freaking have the same look?

It looked as if Alan Taylor just wanted to have quick buck by ripping off the original James Cameron classic in any convoluted ways possible. This 5th installment had no heart whatsoever. The film was definitely not for the fans of the classic, but tried to appeal to a younger generation.

Having said that I enjoyed the movie in terms of what was presented as a standalone.

Everyone knew (including viewers) that Kyle have to go back to meet Sarah and so that John could be born to close the loop. So when Kyle when back and we see Sarah (still pity that she didn't look anything like Sarah) all hell break loose when Kyle think that she knows all about the future (and that he can't easily bang her now :lol:, which is a loophole btw, since Kyle and Sarah didn't mate and yet it doesn't affect John).

Anyway, we get to see the Time Machine and Time Travel which I was expecting, so I am happy for that. I didn't like the new John either. Too much modifications in each subsequent movie. The Terminator movies just doesn't feel coherent with no resemblance of characters. About the music, yes some punches and variations are thrown in between to maintain the pace, but we only get to listen to the actual soundtrack at the very end. Which is next best thing. Also did you guys see the after credit scene?

We get to see the "core" of AI, which isn't destroyed. So I really think atleast one more sequel will arrive, and possibly soon too, since Arnold is getting old for god sake.

Overall, Genesys can coexist as a story and as a continuation, but the original 3 movies of Terminator will be obviously always be the fan favorite. (Yes, T3 wasn't that bad. It showed the Judgment day, which was scary and a surprising end for that movie).

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Indru Netru Naalai (2015) - IMDb

Tamil Movie with time travel as a theme. A one time watch. Hats off to the crew for at least trying to do some thing different in a south indian movie.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The first time - Surprisingly good teeny romantic chick flick.

The longest ride - If you liked 'The notebook', you'd like this, though the setup is completely different.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Bajrangi Bhaijaan

Came back from watching this movie today. I am not a Salman fan. I like the him as a guy, but despise his movies a lot. Atleast the recent movies which came out from past few years. So when I was dragged to watch this movie I had totally zero expectations. The formulaic approach of releasing movie on festivals like Id, I totally thought this was also going to be a mindless action movie.

So believe me when I say that you have got to see this movie! It shattered most of my expectation and proved to be a game changer for his stereotypical role that had become of him in recent times.

The movie is about a Pakistani girl who got lost in India, and later met Salman Khan, who after some incidents made reuniting the girl with her family his mission.

The little girl is one of the cutest I have ever seen. She is mute but her cuteness and expressions won my heart many times over. The opening scene of the movie itself I found commendable. And when Salman is introduced in typical hero fashion (with a song) all those apprehensions about his recent kind of movie started to appear in my mind. But as the movie progressed those slowly faded away and what shaped till the end of first half was a movie I appreciated with my hands open. The character of Salman is that of the guy in Aparichit. A guy who doesn't lie since he believes he is a true bhakt of Hanumam. Little does it helps him achieving his mission.

There are many good actors who are also introduced slowly, like Nawazuddin Siddiqui, whose presence provided big comic relief to the movie in later half of the movie. Om Puri also have a small guest role.

What I loved about the movie is that there are situational comedy all over the film and yet it feels very serious. No character seems out of place or stretched. What I also loved about the film is that Salman isn't a larger than life character and story shows him like a common man. It's obvious that Salman would kick some behinds of people but it's only on one occasion in this film and if we leave some of the emotional drama that happens at the climax, this film was pure fun to watch.

On musical side, leaving couple of songs, every other song was soul touching. Song from Adnan Sami was another plus. Leaving couple of songs, every song was in background and where story was intertwined. Just one bad song about chicken is where you can take a break to have some air. But buckle up after that since rest of the movie will be some ride.

This movie on some levels made be speechless. Probably because I had some other expectations. If anyone remember the film Lucky, which came out exactly ten years ago (who had Sneha Ullal in lead female role) this film greatly made me feel like that. Lucky had failed miserably that time, but Bajrangi feels like will be a blockbuster. I hope so since the taste I have for movies doesn't always prove to be a hit in Bollywood. And not a lot of Salman movies have impressed me, yet Bajrangi felt like a blow of fresh air. Something which I would have easily missed because of my presumptions.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Lied through his teeth to escape culpable homicide. Nothing ever convince me to watch his movies until justice is served.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Bajrangi Bhaijaan

Came back from watching this movie today. I am not a Salman fan. I like the him as a guy, but despise his movies a lot. Atleast the recent movies which came out from past few years. So when I was dragged to watch this movie I had totally zero expectations. The formulaic approach of releasing movie on festivals like Id, I totally thought this was also going to be a mindless action movie.

So believe me when I say that you have got to see this movie! It shattered most of my expectation and proved to be a game changer for his stereotypical role that had become of him in recent times.

The movie is about a Pakistani girl who got lost in India, and later met Salman Khan, who after some incidents made reuniting the girl with her family his mission.

The little girl is one of the cutest I have ever seen. She is mute but her cuteness and expressions won my heart many times over. The opening scene of the movie itself I found commendable. And when Salman is introduced in typical hero fashion (with a song) all those apprehensions about his recent kind of movie started to appear in my mind. But as the movie progressed those slowly faded away and what shaped till the end of first half was a movie I appreciated with my hands open. The character of Salman is that of the guy in Aparichit. A guy who doesn't lie since he believes he is a true bhakt of Hanumam. Little does it helps him achieving his mission.

There are many good actors who are also introduced slowly, like Nawazuddin Siddiqui, whose presence provided big comic relief to the movie in later half of the movie. Om Puri also have a small guest role.

What I loved about the movie is that there are situational comedy all over the film and yet it feels very serious. No character seems out of place or stretched. What I also loved about the film is that Salman isn't a larger than life character and story shows him like a common man. It's obvious that Salman would kick some behinds of people but it's only on one occasion in this film and if we leave some of the emotional drama that happens at the climax, this film was pure fun to watch.

On musical side, leaving couple of songs, every other song was soul touching. Song from Adnan Sami was another plus. Leaving couple of songs, every song was in background and where story was intertwined. Just one bad song about chicken is where you can take a break to have some air. But buckle up after that since rest of the movie will be some ride.

This movie on some levels made be speechless. Probably because I had some other expectations. If anyone remember the film Lucky, which came out exactly ten years ago (who had Sneha Ullal in lead female role) this film greatly made me feel like that. Lucky had failed miserably that time, but Bajrangi feels like will be a blockbuster. I hope so since the taste I have for movies doesn't always prove to be a hit in Bollywood. And not a lot of Salman movies have impressed me, yet Bajrangi felt like a blow of fresh air. Something which I would have easily missed because of my presumptions.

Et tu Brutus?!

Hmmm...this is interesting. May be having negative expectation helped you. Would wait for the DVD.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
sorry for offtopic post but i really don't know where to post this, but some threads are missing after forum maintenance....... also posting is causing database error.........

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
sorry for offtopic post but i really don't know where to post this, but some threads are missing after forum maintenance....... also posting is causing database error.........

Refer this thread: *www.digit.in/forum/chit-chat/192677-something-tdf-bit-off-after-forum-maintainence.html

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Bahubali : The Beginning awesome movie, great visuals great quality set, all actors played their roles perfectly its full of action, war, adventure

9/10

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I can watch movies with bad acting, low production values, bad cinematography, choppy editing, in an alien language. All wachowski releases in empty theater. Approached limits when it came to ABCD2 on 4DX. Have pretty low standards and easily pleased, so that's a deadly combination that allows me to appreciate movies starring shahid kapoor and/or directed by Prabhudeva in a bad quality cam rip played on a worse quality LCD screen in a Volvo. Satya 2 is my current fav, it has more going on to it than meets the eye. At such times I sincerely pray that a Salman Khan movie does not come on. Seriously, every movie has something to take away, but mostly that Tata Sumo is immune to inertia. The only thing you get in a Salman Khan movie, is Salman Khan.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Piku
Awesome! Some minor mistakes may be there but overall an awesome journey. No pretentious BS no over acting no over melodrama.

- - - Updated - - -

Tanu weds manu returns
The climax was a bit let own otherwise overall its a good movie.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
The Fault in our Stars: 8/10 - This movie touched a chord deep down. and made me fall in love with Shailene Woodley.

The Spectacular Now: 7/10 - Some great acting by Shailene Woodley and Miles Teller.

Shailene Woodley. damn she is talented and beautiful.

*ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BOTIxNTE2NTQ3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzMwOTk2Nw@@._V1__SX1537_SY723_.jpg

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Holy crap!
I didn't realize that the actor I saw in Fault in our Stars was the same as in Divergent! I guess I am getting old. :|

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Bajrangi Bhaijaan

Came back from watching this movie today. I am not a Salman fan. I like the him as a guy, but despise his movie a lot. Atleast the recent movies which came out from past few years. So when I was dragged to watch this movie I had totally zero expectations. The formulaic approach of releasing movie on festivals like Id, I totally thought this was also going to be a mindless action movie.

I came here to share my experience about this movie, I thought why not to check what others may have already posted.. and here.. Bah.. you banged it already. Here its exactly same .. I avoid Salman Khan movie, for same reason you metioned, I was dragged by family to watch it.. and it totally blew away me .. at places while reading you, felt like as if I already posted but forgot when :p ..

And yes, that little girl.. Harshaali Malhotra ie. Munni.. ie. Shahida, that was one of the most adorable child role I saw recently. I felt like watching some kind of Disney Fairy Tale movie but thoroughly enjoyable .. specially after second half..

Could have written a lot more but [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION]... you have already nailed it, I won't repeat :p

Top Bottom