Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Watched Insidious: Chapter 3

Average Movie highly emotional compared to other movies in these series. My rating: 6/10

quan chi

mortal kombat
Fire in the sky
You may watch it if you want to but this movie is not an action or thriller. Its an alien abduction movie based on the facts available. Its more drama than a thriller.

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^Watch it if you haven't. If you love high school comedy,thrillers, horrors or all of them then you will like this one too.

Looper
Good movie on slightly recycled version of x men days of future past (or movies with similar themes).

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^I think you missed to read or understand this part

You do realize, X-Men is a movie about beings with superpowers (or mutants) but Looper (or movie with similar themes) are stories of normal beings being able to travel in time using some Time Machine (usually an invention)?

Anyway, finally watched Terminator Salvation, just in time before planning to watch terminator Genisys this weekend. Hell of a series this is Terminator.
I think we should finally be able to watch "Time Travel" in Genisys since Kyle should travel back in time!

quan chi

mortal kombat
You do realize, X-Men is a movie about beings with superpowers (or mutants) but Looper (or movie with similar themes) are stories of normal beings being able to travel in time using some Time Machine (usually an invention)?
Do you realize looper had mutants too who were called TKs. They had Telekinesis mutation somewhat similar to x-men. The main villain in the future was also a TK however the level of his power was more than the normal mutants. Thats why for just for an example I quoted x-men.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Grave of the Fireflies (1988) - 9.5/10
Marvelous movie...and so so emotional
brought tears in my eyes :cry:

Isao Takahata has made an excellent movie

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Do you realize looper had mutants too who were called TKs. They had Telekinesis mutation somewhat similar to x-men. The main villain in the future was also a TK however the level of his power was more than the normal mutants. Thats why for just for an example I quoted x-men.

Do you realize... well nvm...
But the logic, most of time travel based movie are 'similar'. P

Grave of the Fireflies (1988) - 9.5/10
Marvelous movie...and so so emotional
brought tears in my eyes :cry:

Isao Takahata has made an excellent movie

Glad you finally got around to watch it. It's very emotional even for someone who's not very emotional like me.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Glad you finally got around to watch it. It's very emotional even for someone who's not very emotional like me.
Hmm...:mrgreen:

also watched
Hello Ghost (2010) - 7.8/10
This is also a very good movie get a bit boring in the middle but the ending is also very emotional.

next in list : Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
anybody watched it?

Top Bottom