Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
It was a good movie. One bong friend does agree. Havent asked others opinion.

What's your opinion ?

I've not got a chance to see it yet.

My wife went with her friends and they all hated it. My few friends recently saw it and hated it.

What I gathered is that Dibakar Banerjee mixed events from two-three stores to build one.

Exact example is "Tintin" by Spielberg. We all know those things happened in Tintin books but never in one single story moreover they never had any connection.

My wife summed it up this way "DB took the characters and key elements from the book and created his own story"

ashs1

Padawan
Started watching the DC comics animated movies..

Batman: year one- 7/10
As the title suggests, movie revolves around the origin of batman in Gotham city. Both batman and Jim Gordon were the central characters in this film. Plot wise, it was good and animations were top notch!!

batman: under the red hood - 9/10

I can't say much about this movie without revealing the plot, but this is one of the most kickass batman movies ever!!
Just read a bit about batman/robin history and then watch the movie...
Pretty intense movie. Must watch!!

Next movie:
batman: the dark knight returns .part 1.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The Collection 4/10 - The collector was good but this one is a mishmash of mainstream cliches and stupidities.

I've not got a chance to see it yet.

My wife went with her friends and they all hated it. My few friends recently saw it and hated it.

What I gathered is that Dibakar Banerjee mixed events from two-three stores to build one.

Exact example is "Tintin" by Spielberg. We all know those things happened in Tintin books but never in one single story moreover they never had any connection.

My wife summed it up this way "DB took the characters and key elements from the book and created his own story"

Story was good. Coming from my movie experience. I saw the series a long time ago. Not sure which episodes were condensed into the movie. Don't see anything wrong with "DB took the characters and key elements from the book and created his own story".

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Guys...
Chipping in here for the first time I think!

I went and watched Byomkesh Bakshi's another movie today... Sajarur Kata. I am vacationing in Kolkata this couple of weeks.
Apparently it's Byomkesh Bakshi everywhere :)

Sajarur Kata ( Spike of Porcupine) I will give it a 6/10...
Decent story but way too slow man. 2 hour 45 min I think!

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Interstellar 9/10

I made my noob elder brother watch interstellar, he said movie was boring as hell and didnt even finish watching it.. I felt like falcon punching him lel

Best part of interstellar was the soundtrack and he watched it with sound off and subtitles on, way to ruin an awesome movie

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I made my noob elder brother watch interstellar, he said movie was boring as hell and didnt even finish watching it.. I felt like falcon punching him lel

Best part of interstellar was the soundtrack and he watched it with sound off and subtitles on, way to ruin an awesome movie

It happens.. I showed it to so called computer nerd friend, he said1401 is boring, even the conguring was better..

I can understand how you felt :p

I wonder, what will happen if I show them movie like Primer or may be Predestination, he will stop talking to me :p

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hmmmm

I found Intersteller boring! The movie lacks punch, lacks vision and moreover a good story.

A true mind-boggling movie that was made last year was "Predestination"

This is a complete movie.

>Brainfcuk : check
>Good acting : check
>Character development : check
>Plot : check
>Direction : check
>Pace of storytelling : constant pace.

And....Primer is not a movie its a Physics white paper on time travel and its effects. Its as dry as a physics white paper should be.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I found Intersteller boring! The movie lacks punch, lacks vision and moreover a good story.
lol... now that I think of it, the most interesting parts of the story were actually skipped from the movie
some examples
-the gravitational lensing around gargantua is even more warped, and the black hole was slowed down from what speed the story required it (so no realistic portrayal guys)
-in the early reveal, gargantua would have occupied more of the screen, they made it smaller so as not to overwhelm people at the start of the movie
-there are a bunch of smaller black holes, and neutron stars around gargantua, they are only mentioned indirectly. It was in the story, they just didn't show it on film.

Primer is at best a critique on mainstream cinema from shying away from using technical language and dumbing down the jargon
a logomaniac's dream come true, but a bland, boring disappointment for a hard sci fi fan
one of those things that loses mystery after you figure it out and watch it 2-3 times

$hadow

Geek in making

I always feel that subtittles made you skip the little but important things in a movie or show for that matter. But yeah the movie is incomplete with out the sound track.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Saw this movies recently:-
Bad day at Black Rock (1955):9/10
Mackenna's Gold (1969): 7/10
The Bucket List: 7/10
Heat: 8/10

Flash

Lost in speed
Batman: Under the red hood was my first superhero animated movie and it seriously was damm awesome. I was so very surprised that even the flaky animated movies can be so gripping and character driven ......
Watch Batman Vs Robin.

Top Bottom