Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

quan chi

mortal kombat
Fast & Furious 7
Honestly this would be the first movie in a theater where I was literally falling asleep. Jason statham's character is wasted I mean it lacked the punch. The trailer or the ending of last F&F was better than the entire movie. No I am not saying this movie is bad its just average. James wan tried few new things other than that its his same old textbook direction. It seems he tried his best though. If you have seen/played a lot of action movies/games then you will hardly notice anything new here. Overall an okay movie. Can be seen at a theater or better wait for the disks.

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Fast & Furious 7 - 6.5/10

The movie lacked a sensible story.But it does have the cheesy action set pieces that can keep you entertained at times.Was there a need for this movie? I say no.They are trying to squeeze as much as money from the franchise as possible.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Furious 7 4/10

This is a boring movie. Agree with everything [MENTION=15209]quan chi[/MENTION] said. I'll add one more thing. Shaky cam in time of any action. Man! I had had headache seeing the action scenes and lost interest to keep track who's wining.

Total timewaste for me. Never was a fan of this series.

Hrishi

Fast and Furious 7 : I missed Gal Gadot in this one. :( ,
PS : I love this serious. The series ended well. ( I wished , they could have more scenes from Hobb.)
Not all movies has to have a decent story , when they are meant to be focused on action and fight scenes.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine was Mockingjay - Part 1 :p

That was a total disaster. Fortunately , I was trying to watch it at home.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys need suggestions on a Good Thriller movies or Suspense movies.
Preferably the narrative should be fast paced and gripping rather than slow.

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Whiplash- 8.5/10
This movie was just awesome. It shows what one has to do in order to achieve his ambition. The pure emotion it showed was just brilliant..

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Black Christmas 8.5/10

One of the best slasher movies. Trust me, I've seen most f the famous ones. Name one and mostly I've already seen it.
I know the traps, I can tell the next twists...I knew the same for this movie too.

But, the approach, the environment this movie created made me overlook all such points.
See it to believe it.

My advice: have patience and try to watch in a quiet environment.

ankush28

Bazinga
Fast and furious 7 - 6/10

Usual FnF crap. Breaking rules of physics, sci-fi hacking from 22nd century, plot that doesn't make any sense and finally injuring 1000s of civilians and destroying millions of dollars worth of public property for what? Saving 6 lead characters(they never die anyways).

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
F & F has lost its focus i.e car, I agree there is literally no plot.No connections,They marketed so much about Abu Dhabhi, but it was just about 20-25 minutes,
Overall - 7/10.Tribute to Paul Walker was wonderfull.I lost track, who is winning here and there.But Not many outside this forum will agree F&F7 wasn't good :/.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Can you people tell me some good animated movies?

Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' (coming this april) :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Gintama: Kanketsu-hen - Yorozuya yo Eien Nare
One Piece: Strong World
Gintama: Shinyaku Benizakura-hen
One Piece Film Z
Dragon Ball Z Movie 14: Kami to Kami
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shamballa
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos

basically, you can check MyAnimeList and watch those rated above 6.

Last edited:
Top Bottom